ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LOOK WHO IS IN THE NEWS Return to archive
11th June 2007 08:28 PM
wasted The Boy Who Heard Music,” the new musical by The Who’s Pete Townshend, is set to premiere under the bright lights of Poughkeepsie, NY, on July 13th. The piece is connected thematically to previous Townshend works Lifehouse Elements and Psychoderelict.

IN THEATERS THIS FALL

Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who is the definitive audio-visual record of the legendary British rock band, The Who. This epic document is drawn from integral themes of the band's music and lyrics, in order to capture the feel and attitude of one of The Who's greatest albums. Telling The Who's story like it's never been seen or heard before, the film also explores the development of the band today: following Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey as they record The Who's first new music in more than 20 years, and travel to the Far East for their first ever live performance in Japan.

Authorized by The Who, directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Murray Lerner, and co-directed by Paul Crowder, Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who explores the band's ingenious bravado and its continuing evolution. The film moves from the group's origins as a 1960s schoolboy R&B cover band, through their meteoric rise and artistic breakthroughs, to the infighting, the breakups and reconciliations, and the untimely deaths of drummer Keith Moon and bassist John Entwistle. In addition to never-before-seen private materials released by the group and its fans worldwide, the film includes interviews with prominent witnesses and personal friends. Rare and unreleased concert footage and outtakes are also featured: from Monterey, Woodstock, The Isle of Wight 1970, Fete de l'Humanite, The Concert for NYC, and other seminal concerts. Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who is produced by The Who together with Spitfire Pictures, and Who managers Bill Curbishley and Robert Rosenberg at Trinifold.

Beyond Lerner's groundbreaking and multi-faceted film, the DVD release of Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who contains two supplementary films. The first extra comprises a series of mini-films providing greater depth about various aspects of The Who's story. These mini-films, which may be viewed individually or as an artistically integrated whole, will contextualize the legend of The Who. They will explore the Op Art/Pop Art movement; auto-destructive art, the smashing of guitars and instruments; the Keith Moon legend; Mods and Rockers; each band member's innovative approach to his art; plus various other insights into the life and art of The Who.

The second supplementary film offers two live performances cut from never-before-seen concerts. Complete footage is featured from the London Coliseum in 1969, shot just as the band began to peak as the world's greatest live act, and from Kilburn in 1977, the sister concert to the show immortalized in The Kids Are Alright. An important Who document in its own right, this live document is indispensable to anybody interested in the Who and their music.

11th June 2007 08:40 PM
wasted the earliest known live footage of the band (from 1964, shortly after Moon joined) to a performance of the rarely played 'I Can See For Miles' "and a mid-70's Moon interview while he plays pinball at home. Also, newly unearthed film from the Live at Leeds show. "It's from a guy who claimed he found it at the bottom of a barrel", Lerner says, "He was a Leeds student at the time."

"The documentary- which features new interviews with Daltrey and
Townshend and famous fans including Eddie Vedder and the Edge- hits
theaters in the fall."
11th June 2007 10:50 PM
Lethargy I predict that someone on this board will become so excited they need to type with their nipples.
12th June 2007 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I predict that someone on this board will become so excited they need to type with their nipples.

Here I Is !!!!!

12th June 2007 10:27 AM
Saint Sway does anyone else find it odd that "The Boy Who Heard Music” was written by a half-deaf pedophile?
12th June 2007 10:59 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
does anyone else find it odd that "The Boy Who Heard Music” was written by a half-deaf pedophile?

LOL!!!! That's Postin' folks.
12th June 2007 11:31 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

************* SIGH **********************

Son .

Your avatar(s) display an unnecessary and , quite frankly , unhealthy preoccupation with terrorism .

Seriously , my dearest C10 brother , I really , REALLY do believe it is time to move your family , yourself ( .. and Sparky ) away from the insidious terrorist threat that will ALWAYS exist in New York and relocate HERE .... to Omaha , NE .

The terorists do not like the MidWest so I highly , HIGHLY recommend such an " Action Plan " in order to halt the pre-mature aging process that reflects / represents itself in your hair color .

Developing ..........................

Shiver .....................

J. " Snuggle - to - the - Joe " Fly ! ™
12th June 2007 11:34 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
does anyone else find it odd that "The Boy Who Heard Music” was written by a half-deaf pedophile?

lol
12th June 2007 11:46 PM
Lethargy Will THE WHO put out a four dvd live set too? That's the question.
13th June 2007 07:44 AM
corgi37 This dvd sounds awesome. Might have to dish out some bucks.
13th June 2007 01:27 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
This dvd sounds awesome. Might have to dish out some bucks.

CORGI is " THE KING !!!!! "

13th June 2007 01:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Will THE WHO put out a four dvd live set too? That's the question.

ummm.... they put out an instant live DVD of EVERY show.

13th June 2007 01:39 PM
MrPleasant I'm happy that I'm not in the news!!
13th June 2007 01:47 PM
MikeyC613
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

ummm.... they put out an instant live DVD of EVERY show.

how do i find the dvd of their show in baltimore at the virgin festival??
13th June 2007 01:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:

try "researching" the internets
13th June 2007 03:02 PM
MrPleasant MICK Jagger used bees to attempt to enlarge his manhood, a friend of the Rolling Stones star has revealed.

Movie director Julien Temple made the astonishing claims in an interview with Britain's Radio Four, thisislondon.uk reports.
Temple who directed the Rolling Stones's Undercover Of The Night video - told how Jagger covered his private parts with the insects so that they could sting his penis and inflate it.

The technique is an Amazonian marriage ritual, the website said.

Temple said: "It involved putting bamboo over the male member and filling it with stinger bees so the member attained the size of the bamboo.

"Mick spent months in the jungle in Peru. He was going mad out there I think."

Jagger, 63, was recently ridiculed by ex lover Janice Dickinson, who spoke of his "little willy" in an interview with British TV personality Jonathon Ross.

Jagger has been dating model L'Wren Scott for five years. He split from wife Jerry Hall in 1999.

Share this article
13th June 2007 03:22 PM
Joey " ... try "researching" the internets "

13th June 2007 03:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:

This the one you mean?

http://www.themusic.com/detail.cfm?id=9000400

Main page of the website is :
http://www.themusic.com/
14th June 2007 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

**** The MaxLugar and our hero " Sparky " during MUCH Happier times ****

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah ... SPARKY !!!!!!!!!!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)