ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What the hell was the Omaha Summit? SERIOUSLY Return to archive
11th June 2007 01:57 PM
Bruno Omaha Summit... It became a adjective on the board, "omahed". What the hell was that? All I know is that is something about low attendance. What was this Omaha affair exactly?

I know I may be hurting fan´s proud but I can´t stand the doubt anymore.
[Edited by Bruno]
11th June 2007 01:59 PM
Mel Belli To be "Omaha'ed" by the Stones is to be treated to a phoned-in show with a generic, warhorse-heavy setlist, I believe.

As for the summit, I was not present and cannot comment.
11th June 2007 02:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Omaha Summit... It became a adjective on the board, "omahaed". What the hell was that? All I know is that is something about low attendance. What was this Omaha affair exactly?

I know I may the hurting fan´s proud but I can´t stand the doubt anymore.

Two of the Message Board Elites met in Omaha to discuss all salient events. (See: Voodoopug and Joey)
11th June 2007 02:04 PM
Bruno
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
To be "Omaha'ed" by the Stones is to be treated to a phoned-in show with a generic, warhorse-heavy setlist, I believe.

As for the summit, I was not present and cannot comment.

I saw "phone-in" on the dictionary and it scared me. Are you being ironic or literal?
11th June 2007 02:07 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Bruno wrote:

I saw "phone-in" on the dictionary and it scared me. Are you being ironic or literal?

"Phone-in" is just American shorthand for putting in a half-assed effort.
11th June 2007 02:09 PM
BONOISLOVE It was a warm and beautiful event that everybody, and their sons and daughters, will remember! Their hearts will be aching with love and excitement!
11th June 2007 02:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Bruno wrote:

What was this Omaha affair exactly?

I was in attendance for this one and I can
ASSURE you that the summit was a BLAST !!!!!

11th June 2007 02:41 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would mount you both.
11th June 2007 02:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I would mount you both.

You shall be invited in while I shake hands and work the room whilst others shall remain on the outside looking in!
11th June 2007 02:50 PM
Scottfree
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You shall be invited in while I shake hands and work the room whilst others shall remain on the outside looking in!

Is that Max Cady (Cape Fear)?
11th June 2007 02:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Is that Max Cady (Cape Fear)?

Nope, its Voodoopug (Circa 2003)
11th June 2007 03:04 PM
Saint Sway be thankful that you werent at the Omaha Summit

like all things Omaha'd, it will go down as one of the boringest non-events in recent memory

here is a brief transcript of what went down:

VOODOO PUG: Hello Microbioligists! I am new to the board and to microbiology. I work for a company that prepares media, and being that my background is in sales, I have a lot to learn regaridng Microbiology.
My first question I have is: Is there anyway to prevent the agar
from drying up with it is left in an oven or incubator for extended
periods of time (30 days or so). Will the plate thickness make a
difference?

JOEY: Huh? (fart)

VOODOO PUG: We have checked our positive controls, that was one of the firs
things we tried. Being that i am a bit out of my element here, these
results have really confused me. I appreciate your suggestions and
anything else that may help me figure this out will certainly be
appreciated!

JOEY: (fart) Ummm, yeah... I'll be right back... umm.... gotta go to the bathroom. Later.

VOODOO PUG: But wait.. why are you taking your car keys and jacket??

3 hours later....

VOODOO PUG: Excuse me, waitress, have you seen my friend Joey?

WAITRESS: That guy that ran out of here 3 hours ago?

VOODOO PUG: Oh. Ok. Would you be interested in buying some Mac Conkey Plates that have QC'd at the vendor with excellent growth??

WAITRESS: Uh no. Heres your check. Please stop scaring the customers off.
11th June 2007 03:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Nope, its Voodoopug (Circa 2003)

I think he means the guy in the Hawaiian shirt (Joey?), a la Robert De Niro in Cape Fear. Great notice!
11th June 2007 03:10 PM
Mel Belli
11th June 2007 03:50 PM
Joey

After the Sopranos we decided to flip around the various HBO's to see what in the Hell
ELSE was on as " Entourage " is on ' hiatus ' for one week .

Well , we ran across this Star Wars movie called , " Star Wars III -- Revenge of the Sith " .

Now , I must be brutally honest here -- I have seen the first three movies ( 1977 - 1983 )
but not the most recent collection as I thought they were designed mainly for the kids .
Truthfully -- this movie was excellent and 2 1/2 hours flew by like 2 1/2 minutes . I do
Not know what a " Sith " or a " Sith Lord " is supposed to be --- but the name " Bushie43 "
came to mind ....... Developing .................. Shiver .............................................
11th June 2007 04:09 PM
Joey
Now that I think about it ---- there was indeed ONE disturbing aspect
of the film . This concerns the simple fact that there isn't better Birth Control in such a ' Futuristic Society ' .

I mean , this Skywalker guy knocks up his girlfriend and she pumps out two , .. count em' .. : TWO
Friggin Kids --- if that is not enough to turn one over to the ' Dark Side ' I do not know what in the hell is .. ?!

Developing ........................

Shiver ...........................

Sassy Boots !

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
11th June 2007 05:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

He is SOL from the start as he is playing the song in Standard Tuning. He needs to acquire a 12 string guitar with the low E strings removed (then that makes it a 10 string) and tune that puppy to Open G......then he can play the song properly....and consider then finding an alternative vocalist!
11th June 2007 05:51 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bruno wrote:
What was this Omaha affair exactly?

heres a photo of the high point of the evening:

11th June 2007 06:12 PM
Mel Belli Is that "My Dinner with Andre"?
11th June 2007 09:20 PM
glencar Good Lord, even the threads about that "summit" have reached "excruciating boredom" stage. Enough with the sucking already!!!!!!!!!
12th June 2007 09:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good Lord, even the threads about that "summit" have reached "excruciating boredom" stage. Enough with the sucking already!!!!!!!!!

We can only set people up with great material. If they choose to go down the same boring repetitive path with it, it simply shows that some of the "new breed" just can't cut it.

How I pine for the old days:

Dear Friends,

IT’S HERE.

Many have said that the best way to go out is to go out on top. On that fateful spring day in Boca Raton, while sitting on my deck allowing the sun to reflect off of my pool, I was at peace with my decision to take a hiatus from Rocks Off. I truly left on top. For years, I was loyal to two boards, Rocks Off and Shidoobee. I have great respect for the atmosphere Doug had created and have continued to post there without pause. I want to thank Doug publicly for his hospitality. I then made the choice to leave Rocks Off for reasons that I made well known.

I also found myself posting elsewhere for the first time since I was banned from the Lounge. With the stress of being a highly successful, powerful attorney, self made millionaire, loving father, husband, and mentor to Monster (please note, he would have been a show dog if not for an undecended testicle), I no longer have time to carry other boards. I had my fun splashing around in the kiddy pool, now its time once again for adult swim. I harbor no ill feelings towards other boards, but until the day comes where I feel I must start my own board, I no longer feel the need to perform weekly CPR to boards that continue to discuss the same interesting topics each week.

I would like to first thank all of you who sent numerous PM’s, emails, letters, etc. Without you, I would not be returning. Thanks to Pug, Joey, Moonie, and my other loyal friends for supporting me and keeping my legacy alive on Rocks Off. Pug has briefed me on the new direction of the board. This is not a chat room, yet a stones information board. While certain posts, such as the legendary Pug of the Day, Howe can this happen, Superblow, tribute to Pete Townsend, and others are allowed to live on, they must remain confined.

I humbly accept the public apology offered by joey and pug on behalf of others. My enemies list is wiped clean. I cannot say for sure how my return will be handled, but I ask all of you to understand that I am a big/tall man with all the plusses and minuses that go with that. (If confused, please see LBJ circa 1965). This will help me decide if I shall take my family to the Miami show. If I fall under severe attack here, I may attend this show solo, I cannot put Mrs. jb or my fine children in harms way if I am potentially looking at a physical, blindsided attack. I have always stood for peace and will not be prepared to defend myself against an angry mob.

On a personal note, I am disappointed that the Miami Heat was ousted from the playoffs by a bunch of no talent thugs. Just this past weekend, a man verbally attacked the Miami Heat while my wife and I were at one of the many “hot spots” enjoying a drink in Boca Raton. He was a Detroit fan, and obviously I completely humiliated him by informing him of the poor ticket sales in Comerica Park. His only defense was a few bland, unoriginal lawyer jokes, to which I laughed at and asked if he was even able to afford talking to me and my extremely high hourly rate. That night as I sped home in my Porsche, I was almost too ill to my stomach to drink any of my Johnny Walker Blue Label in my four seasons room which overlooks my stunning pool and deck.

This has led me to the statement that I shall not travel outside of Miami for a show this tour. I cannot bring myself to sit in half empty arenas. For those of you who are flying across the country to see the stones, there will be one less person sitting in the Gold Club rooms in airports, and one more first class seat available. If I do catch one show outside of Florida, it will only be as a gesture of friendship to those who do not judge.

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment. My staff of physicians has recently informed me that my prostate is in fine shape, small and smooth, but I fear they have not performed an adequate amount of tests to confirm their diagnosis. Combine this with my fear of ALS, obsessive compulsive behavior, and heightened level of paranoia; I feel the time is right for me to come back to where I belong….Rocks Off.

While I cannot guarantee that I will maintain the new direction of the board as an information location, I will inject some life and shake things up a bit. To start with, Joey…welcome to the 16K party, mind you that is not congratulation.

Tee Hee!
12th June 2007 09:59 AM
gimmekeef Two Guys walk into a bar.(insert generic joke here).............................................................................................................................................................................
[Edited by gimmekeef]
12th June 2007 10:06 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Two Guys walk into a bar.(insert generic joke here).............................................................................................................................................................................
[Edited by gimmekeef]

Although the Summit did not feel "complete" without jb with us, Joey and i were on Fire (see: Mick Jagger during Midnight Rambler 1-25-06 approximately 3:35 into the song)
13th June 2007 08:23 AM
Lil Brian
quote:
Bruno wrote: What was this Omaha affair exactly?

The Summit was inspired by a historic performance by The Rolling Stones, their first in over 40 years in Nebraska, on January 29, 2006. The show will almost certainly become a significant one in Stones history (see Altamont, etc.). It was blistering from start to finish and curiousity has only intensified as a bootleg recording has yet to surface (officially). Sources also reported the Stones stayed in Omaha for several days following the show to enjoy the area and relax with new friends.
13th June 2007 08:28 AM
egon Omaha,
isn't that just 15 miles south of Shitville?
13th June 2007 08:52 AM
gypsy
quote:
glencar wrote:

Enough with the sucking already!!!!!!!!!

That same sentiment can also be applied to your posting.
13th June 2007 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
Omaha,
isn't that just 15 miles south of Shitville?

I would like to baste you in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie you and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize your quivering, quaking carcass.
13th June 2007 03:47 PM
Joey
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:

The Summit was inspired by a historic performance by The Rolling Stones, their first in over 40 years in Nebraska, on January 29, 2006. The show will almost certainly become a significant one in Stones history (see Altamont, etc.). It was blistering from start to finish and curiousity has only intensified as a bootleg recording has yet to surface (officially). Sources also reported the Stones stayed in Omaha for several days following the show to enjoy the area and relax with new friends.

Everything in the above post is TRUE !!!!!

[Edited by Joey]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)