ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Report: Paul McCartney to enter charts at #1 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th June 2007 02:34 PM
Poison Dart According to a report at hitsdailydouble.com Paul McCartney's new cd "Memory Almost Full" will enter the American charts at #1 with 180k sold in the first week.

McCartney sold 63,000 copies in his first day. I guess that 180k sold is a projection, but if sales hold up it will give McCartney his first solo #1 since 1982's "Tug of War"

Has Starbucks found a way to market classic artists?

http://www.macca-central.com/macca-news/morenews.php?id=2565
7th June 2007 02:40 PM
Gazza Wont happen in the UK because Starbucks isnt classed as a chart outlet
7th June 2007 02:41 PM
Poison Dart Didn't the Stones only sell something like 120k in the first week of ABB sales?

The Stones should be paying close attention to McCartney's strategy going forward.

Surely, the Stones could top McCartney 180k if marketed properly. They are a bigger act than solo McCartney.

It looks like someone finally found a way to hit the right demographic.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
7th June 2007 02:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
According to a report at hitsdailydouble.com Paul McCartney's new cd "Memory Almost Full" will enter the American charts at #1 with 180k sold in the first week.

McCartney sold 63,000 copies in his first day. I guess that 180k sold is a projection, but if sales hold up it will give McCartney his first solo #1 since 1982's "Tug of War"

Has Starbucks found a way to market classic artists?

http://www.macca-central.com/macca-news/morenews.php?id=2565

I am tellin' ya ....................

BEST MACCA YET !!!!

Skittles !

7th June 2007 02:45 PM
MrPleasant I love Paul!
7th June 2007 02:47 PM
Mel Belli Good for Paul if he gets a #1, but those sales are still a little disappointing, given the hype and exclusive showcasing Starbucks gave him. Clearly, several billion eyeballs looked at that CD and gave it a shrug...
7th June 2007 02:54 PM
Poison Dart Actually those numbers double the 1st week sales of "Chaos and Creation" from a couple of years ago.

Starbucks clearly is paying off.

180k for solo McCartney is great!!!

If Starbucks could double the Stones sales that would put them at 240k in first week sales + give them their first #1 in America since Tatoo You.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
7th June 2007 03:02 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Actually those numbers double the 1st week sales of "Chaos and Creation" from a couple of years ago.

Starbucks clearly is paying off.

180k for solo McCartney is great!!!

If Starbucks could double the Stones sales that would put them at 240k in first week sales + give them their first #1 in America since Tatoo You.
[Edited by Poison Dart]

You're probably right.
7th June 2007 03:31 PM
pdog Proof once again that the general consumer of John and Jane Q. Public are content with medoiocrity and buying crap products!
7th June 2007 03:43 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Proof once again that the general consumer of John and Jane Q. Public are content with medoiocrity and buying crap products!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
7th June 2007 04:06 PM
pdog Thank you Joey for setting the mediocrity bar for posting!
Will you post a pic of some sour pissed black male? How about posting a clearly unique response... You can do it!
7th June 2007 04:27 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Thank you Joey for setting the mediocrity bar for posting!

whew!

i'm just glad it was someone else besides me!

7th June 2007 04:50 PM
Joey " Will you post a pic of some sour pissed black male? "

7th June 2007 04:51 PM
pdog Joey is my bitch!
7th June 2007 04:53 PM
Joey " Joey is my bitch! "

7th June 2007 04:58 PM
pdog I'm selling Joey to the highest bidder, bidding statts at two packs of menthols!
7th June 2007 05:11 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm selling Joey to the highest bidder, bidding statts at two packs of menthols!

Fuck that...two single smokes....I'll wait there for a higher bid aqnd decide whether to respond.....But Joey dosnt care his Paris is free!....
7th June 2007 05:19 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Fuck that...two single smokes....I'll wait there for a higher bid aqnd decide whether to respond.....But Joey dosnt care his Paris is free!....

If you thow in a few soups, I may consider your offer... I can't guarentee Joey will have a goodnight, he's hit and miss... No refunds!
7th June 2007 05:52 PM
Joey " I'm selling Joey to the highest bidder, bidding statts at two packs of menthols!"

7th June 2007 08:19 PM
_Boomy_ 180,000 is pretty low for a big name act. He's not in his prime, but you'd think it would be more.

An act like Linkin Park sold close to 500,000 when they released their album a few weeks ago. Linkin Park, IMO, is not very good!
7th June 2007 11:25 PM
Poison Dart Yeah, but McCartney is 65 years old. Imagine what The Beatles in their prime (40 years ago)would have done in the soundscan era.

Plus, this is a solo record not a Beatles record. I'd bet Mick would love to sell 180,000 - 200,000 copies of his next solo record in one week.

As a matter of fact I'd bet he'd like to sell 200K after 10 weeks.

The Stones should be embarrassed that 1/4th of The Beatles outsold them by at least 60,000 copies in first week sales.

Next time around the Stones need to do something like what McCartney did.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
8th June 2007 12:58 AM
ExileInLA
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Good for Paul if he gets a #1, but those sales are still a little disappointing, given the hype and exclusive showcasing Starbucks gave him. Clearly, several billion eyeballs looked at that CD and gave it a shrug...

what the fuck is disappointing about that in a time when the CD is getting laughed at by the youth of america?

those are good numbers.

this is maccas best solo effort yet and better than anything the stones have done in 30 years. sorry guys. it really is that good.
8th June 2007 02:43 AM
Poplar
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
[Edited by Poison Dart]

ouch. say that out loud to yourself.
8th June 2007 03:00 AM
pdog I didn't and don't want a #1 cd, I just want a good album that rocks ass!
8th June 2007 04:28 AM
MRD8 I have to agree with Exile, this is Paul's best album in a LONG time....forget all your prejudices and give it a listen!
8th June 2007 04:48 AM
egon no starbucks here in France. sorry macca...
8th June 2007 08:48 AM
gotdablouse er..try that again and if you need a GPS to get to them that will help -> http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56540

Amazing numbers for Macca and as Mick always says, if the sales are there the music has to be good...well at least if you're talking some quality musicians like the Stones or Macca not some bimbo like Britney.
8th June 2007 08:59 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
egon wrote:
no starbucks here in France. sorry macca...

Say what? Maybe my eyes were lying, but I'm pretty sure I walked past a Starbucks on the Boulevard du Montparnasse.
8th June 2007 09:04 AM
egon
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Say what? Maybe my eyes were lying, but I'm pretty sure I walked past a Starbucks on the Boulevard du Montparnasse.

http://www.starbucks.fr/fr/store_locator.htm

ok so there are a few.
but they are all in Paris, so that doesn't count.
8th June 2007 09:09 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
egon wrote:

http://www.starbucks.fr/fr/store_locator.htm

ok so there are a few.
but they are all in Paris, so that doesn't count.

I can sympathize with that. ... Salut.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)