ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Charlie's good today
© 1971 London Features International
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG Sale Now Return to archive
June 13th, 2005 09:20 AM
gimmekeef Just tried pulling up a pair 15 mins in to sale.Nothin.But using Amex number you can get floors.If you have Amex Gold Card try code 8003272177....Good Luck.
June 13th, 2005 10:37 AM
gimmekeef All gone....may have sold out in less than 5 mins?...Truly a record that all astute NY Ticket brokers and scalpers can be proud of.Even Amex is all gone now..(note in future for Amex you must use all ten digits including the "1"...Be very careful buying tickets for this show from Ebay or other sources.The NY area has excellent copying techniques for MSG shows..I bought 2 in 97 and until I got in to MSG and found out they were fake I couldnt tell difference..you'd swear they were perfect.(Luckily had real tix for next night..but was expensive lesson).So friends be very wary!
June 13th, 2005 10:58 AM
Saint Sway got floor thru the Amex sale really late - 20 past. Prior to that I passed on $180 tix in the upper 300 section BEHIND the stage. Man... it sucks being a Stones fan.

as far as fakes... yeah I had a friend buy 2 pairs on the street outside of MSG. They looked IDENTICAL to the tix I had. Turned out to be really well made fakes.

Lesson. Don't buy from who you dont know.
June 13th, 2005 11:07 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Lesson. Don't buy from who you dont know.

ESPECIALLY in NYC !!!!!

J.
June 13th, 2005 11:15 AM
purrcafe Definitely some electronic hijinks surrounding this one. I got on literally at 9:00 AM on the dot, and there were already no 103.00 or 64.00 dollar seats left at all. The best I could have done was one 400.00 seat. I passed. This sucks, but I'm hoping for a post-sale from the fan club. If not, there's always January.
June 13th, 2005 11:43 AM
Sir Stonesalot I had the same experience as purrcafe. On at 9am on the dot, no $64 or $103 tix.

Bullshit. I don't think there were any....or perhaps there was 4 of each. Totally fucked.
June 13th, 2005 11:47 AM
purrcafe Really, it's a fucking embarrassment. In 24 years I've never been shut out of a Stones show. Let me sum it up in two words: wide-spread fraud!
[Edited by purrcafe]
June 13th, 2005 11:51 AM
voodoopug
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
Definitely some electronic hijinks surrounding this one. I got on literally at 9:00 AM on the dot, and there were already no 103.00 or 64.00 dollar seats left at all. The best I could have done was one 400.00 seat. I passed. This sucks, but I'm hoping for a post-sale from the fan club. If not, there's always January.

there are just so many games played with these tickets. In a perfect world, they would all go on sale at one time, from front row to obstructed view and all be sold first come first serve, but sadly they release them in different stages. I have found that i have had the most luck getting tickets around 10:20 then at 10:00 during the onsale. it is truly irritating. My advice is to keep trying! They intentionally do this to create hype for a ticket, if someone is searching for ten minutes and cant find anything, then all of a sudden a pair comes up, even at a high price, many will jump on it thinking this may be their only chance. It saddens me!
June 13th, 2005 12:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot What really saddens me is that The Rolling Stones don't give a fuck. They get theirs. The rest of us can all fuck off.

And don't tell me that at Jagger doesn't know what is going on in his name. And if he really doesn't know....then double shame on him.
June 13th, 2005 12:29 PM
mmdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What really saddens me is that The Rolling Stones don't give a fuck. They get theirs. The rest of us can all fuck off.

And don't tell me that at Jagger doesn't know what is going on in his name. And if he really doesn't know....then double shame on him.

Jagger knows. But don't forget Richards, Watts and Wood.
June 13th, 2005 12:38 PM
littleredrooster There are already a lot of MSG tickets on slEaze BAY, including floors listed by ticket brokers.
June 13th, 2005 01:48 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What really saddens me is that The Rolling Stones don't give a fuck. They get theirs. The rest of us can all fuck off.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 13th, 2005 04:59 PM
glencar The pre-sale is really the only chance most of us seem to have at getting tix.
June 13th, 2005 08:45 PM
luxury1 I was pulling great singles in those close side sections all morning--62, 71, 63, etc. All for 454 bucks, but I know that section is such a great spot to see the band. YOu are practically on eye level and seem very close. Better than upfront on the floor--I been there too. So, I bought a few.........
June 13th, 2005 10:03 PM
purrcafe
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I was pulling great singles in those close side sections all morning--62, 71, 63, etc. All for 454 bucks, but I know that section is such a great spot to see the band. YOu are practically on eye level and seem very close. Better than upfront on the floor--I been there too. So, I bought a few.........

Yeah, I had one chance at a $454.00, but I just can't justify that. That I was shut out of what would have been affordable to me at 9:00.01, I dunno. It's the luck of the draw, but really very disappointing.
June 14th, 2005 12:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot I don't think it's even luck of the draw. We wuz screwed.

Something rotten happened yesterday morning. I think either the brokers found a way to beat Ticketmaster, or Stones Inc is guilty of ticket inventory manipulation to ensure that the most expensive tickets go first. And if they can sell out at $454 and $189 then there won't be any $103 and $64 tickets....or only a very minimal amount of them.

Either way we got fucked over.
June 14th, 2005 02:06 AM
beer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I think either the brokers found a way to beat Ticketmaster, or Stones Inc is guilty of ticket inventory manipulation to ensure that the most expensive tickets go first.

I think you're right in both regards.

certainly, there is some dodgy shit going down.

-
June 14th, 2005 06:02 AM
luxury1 and those very front floor sections never even went on sale--the brokers arent even listing them. MSG or Cohl is holding 1-4 back for some reason, and only a few in the next floor sections were released. All the crappy 454 tickets were released so far. It is so fucked up anymore. I miss the old days of standing in line at 4 am.
June 14th, 2005 07:37 AM
purrcafe
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
and those very front floor sections never even went on sale--the brokers arent even listing them. MSG or Cohl is holding 1-4 back for some reason, and only a few in the next floor sections were released. All the crappy 454 tickets were released so far. It is so fucked up anymore. I miss the old days of standing in line at 4 am.

Think of the insanity of that . . . "the crappy 454 tickets." In all my years of loving the Stones, the way these tickets went this is the biggest disappointment for me.
June 14th, 2005 10:45 AM
Maxlugar The moon is yellow..

I'm like Jello..

Aint got a Ticky..

June 14th, 2005 10:53 AM
Joey " The moon is yellow..

I'm like Jello..

Aint got a Ticky.."

***** Young Joey , his face a bright red , is now hunched over his computer , staring at the screen , and giggling to himself *******

Sniggles ! ™

June 14th, 2005 10:55 AM
Maxlugar Petey is starting to look like a Cabbage Patch doll, no?

Still a genius and great guitar player.

June 14th, 2005 11:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
The moon is yellow..

I'm like Jello..

Aint got a Ticky..

always look on the bright side of life.

Hardly any of you guys who wanted to go may have got a ticket but that leaves more drinking time at YOTI this time as no one will be leaving early to go to MSG....

In some ways its cool that the Stones have arranged ticket distribution for this tour in such a way that their fans cant get into their concerts but can divert more of our money to drink more beer in the pre-show fan parties instead.

What other band would be so forward thinking as to make such cool arrangements for their fanbase?
June 14th, 2005 11:04 AM
Joey " Petey is starting to look like a Cabbage Patch doll, no? "

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

" Still a genius and great guitar player."

I would love to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently and sweetly stroke your young , sweaty , moist , warm , glistening , GLISTENING , shiny young Macky Forehead and just say .................well ............... " Thanks Macky " for being .............. well .......... you's !

Flacky Carson !

The Flacky - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

June 14th, 2005 12:29 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

always look on the bright side of life.

Hardly any of you guys who wanted to go may have got a ticket but that leaves more drinking time at YOTI this time as no one will be leaving early to go to MSG....

In some ways its cool that the Stones have arranged ticket distribution for this tour in such a way that their fans cant get into their concerts but can divert more of our money to drink more beer in the pre-show fan parties instead.

What other band would be so forward thinking as to make such cool arrangements for their fanbase?

Also very good of them to consider that scalpers need to make a living too.
June 14th, 2005 12:35 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Gazza wrote:

See you there Gazzy!

June 14th, 2005 02:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

See you there Gazzy!

au contraire, Maximillien!!

It will be the January 2006 New York shows that I plan on being locked out of, not the September 2005 ones!
June 14th, 2005 02:55 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

au contraire, Maximillien!!

It will be the January 2006 New York shows that I plan on being locked out of, not the September 2005 ones!

Me too!

I plan on missing tons of shows!

Come to YOTI.

Look for the guy sitting at the bar with his unused Fan Club Password.

We'll save you a seat!

MACKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 14th, 2005 03:10 PM
Joey

See Everyone in Omaha this January

Brrr ...

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!?! ..... Oh , sure ! :

www.OmahaMeca.com
June 16th, 2005 12:59 AM
Bitch I am very upset that I couldn't get MSG tickets. And if anyone is selling tickets that day, it will be so $$$$ and possibly fakes.... What's a STONES FAN to do???
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)