ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Charlie's good today
© 1971 London Features International
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: At first hand (I suppose) brand-new Alice Cooper song paying homage to the Stones! Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 9th, 2005 01:01 PM
J.J.Flash Due to the foray here, I completely forgot to share this brilliant song which will be part of Alice Cooper's upcoming album "Dirty Diamonds". The song is called "Zombie Dance". As some of you may know, the great Alice runs a radio program and I think the first time he made this song public was on his program. Before the song starts, Alice himself says it's dedicated to the Stones.

ZombieDance

And at least but not least, thank you Alice Cooper for recognizing The Rolling fuckin' Stones. It's clear the influence of them on this new song as well as in every fuckin' Alice Cooper Band song in the 70's.

Buy me a beer later!

But HURRY UP people, since I can't keep this kind of file on my server (If you could host this file under Rocks Off server Voodoo, I appreciate it).

FILE FIXED, NEW LINK GOES TO UNDAMAGED FILE

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
June 9th, 2005 01:28 PM
gimmekeef JJF...thanks so much!...Love Alice!!
June 9th, 2005 01:32 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
JJF...thanks so much!...Love Alice!!

If you love the Stones too, you're gonna love him more after this.

Enjoy!
June 9th, 2005 02:35 PM
J.J.Flash Damn.....Jay thought this thread could reach the third page in the first 10 minutes........

This lull saddens me
June 9th, 2005 08:38 PM
Navin Thanks a lot...I love Alice to death as well !!
June 10th, 2005 08:01 AM
J.J.Flash Come on guys.... what are your reactions?!?!?!?
June 10th, 2005 08:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I can't react. I haven't heard the song. I like AC ok but I think he's trapped in an image and his music has suffered for it.
June 10th, 2005 08:25 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I can't react. I haven't heard the song. I like AC ok but I think he's trapped in an image and his music has suffered for it.

Click ZombieDance Motsie!

What image are you talkin' about? Man, haven't you heard Alice's last album "The Eyes of Alice Cooper"?!? It's completely different from the two prior albums "Brutal Planet" and "Dragontown" (opposing to what many fans predicted, as the third part of a trilogy). "The Eyes of Alice Cooper", released in 2003 is pure Rock'n'Roll. One of its songs, "Novocaine" is completely Stonesy flavoured, believe me!

[Edited for mispelling]
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
June 10th, 2005 08:30 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl At 2:12 the song sucks and I only hear noise, if you have the file undamaged please send it to me and I will upload it
June 10th, 2005 08:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I must confess my ignorance. But whose got time?! I can't keep up with all these new records and artists. Working and sleeping are taking up all my time.
June 10th, 2005 08:42 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
At 2:12 the song sucks and I only hear noise, if you have the file undamaged please send it to me and I will upload it

I will send to you right now. Please, update the link I've posted in my POST.

THanks!
June 10th, 2005 08:44 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
I must confess my ignorance. But whose got time?! I can't keep up with all these new records and artists. Working and sleeping are taking up all my time.

Listen to the song you bastard, stop complaining. I thought this could make your day people. Alice ain't no "new artist" my friend. Alice Cooper Band belongs to what I label as "The great heroes of the past, the sacred monsters of Rock".
June 10th, 2005 08:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Alice ain't no "new artist" my friend.

No shit????
But the albums are...at least to me. The God-Given and Sacred "Right to Complain" comes with age. I'm MELTING, melting, .....

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
June 10th, 2005 08:57 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:

No shit????
But the albums are...at least to me. The God-Given and Sacred "Right to Complain" comes with age. I'm MELTING, melting, .....

Do you still have that Eagles-like moustache? If so, drop it. Next time you face the mirror, you will feel like have passed in the fountain of youth. With the exception of the albums of these "Sacred monsters of the Rock'n'Roll", the likes of Alice Cooper, Jay doesn't listen to ANY brand new stuff. Believe me, it worth downloading. But wait until Voodoo fixes the link and corrupted file under my server.
June 10th, 2005 09:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Jack I have not received the file and in some minutes I will go to work, please let me know where did you send it (e-mail address) as I don't have it yet
June 10th, 2005 09:11 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jack I have not received the file and in some minutes I will go to work, please let me know where did you send it (e-mail address) as I don't have it yet

I've just finished it G! Check it out at [email protected]

Have a nice day cabron!
June 10th, 2005 09:13 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Do you still have that Eagles-like moustache? If so, drop it. Next time you face the mirror, you will feel like have passed in the fountain of youth. [...]

Don't ignore me Motsie!
June 10th, 2005 09:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Do you still have that Eagles-like moustache?

???? The Eagles have moustaches?
June 10th, 2005 09:29 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

I've just finished it G! Check it out at [email protected]

Have a nice day cabron!

Hope to have a nice one cabroncito, to start the day I'm going to arrive late to a meeting I have with a customer because of this LOL

I heard the entire song an it rocks... it has cuts to promote the song and have some fans here buying the real stuff.. buy it!!
June 10th, 2005 10:33 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:

[...]
I heard the entire song an it rocks... it has cuts to promote the song and have some fans here buying the real stuff.. buy it!!

It wasn't already released folks, Alice first made it public over his radio program.

At first hand, brought to you by Jay!

D.J. Alan Jack Freedman (your granpappy of this lousy thing they call Rock'n'Roll)
June 10th, 2005 05:26 PM
Funky Punk Woman Great song thank you
June 10th, 2005 06:19 PM
Dan Kick ass, I love Alice Cooper! Seen him 7 times and he always puts on a great show!

BTW, if anyone in the LA area wants to see him with Cheap Trick at the Greek Theatre Sep 16, I keep throwing back a ticket in Sec A row P if anyone wants to spend $85 on it, the password is "rock"
June 11th, 2005 12:28 AM
Bruno Stone Is there a song called ``I Love The Death``, ``I Love The Dead``, or something like this?

I mean, not from this new album, but from his setlist in the 70s. Its a song that goes ``lah lah lah lah lah louh louh louh... ... deah deah deah deah deah douh douh douh...`` in a part of it.... I only heard a bit from this song, it has killer guitars and I ask J.J.Flash to help me.
June 11th, 2005 08:42 PM
Navin
"I love the Dead" is the last track from the million-selling 'Billion Dollar Babies" by the original Alice Cooper Band in 1973.

"Dead Babies" is from their second 1971 album, 'Killer' (probably their best) - their first 1971 album being 'Love it to Death' (probably their second best)

"I love the Dead" is great, esp. when performed live, at one stage, a real guillotine appears on stage, Alice is 'executed' by hooded men and his severed 'head' is displayed, 'spitting blood' into the audience...
June 12th, 2005 10:39 AM
HomerJRichards Zombie Dance is great. I've got that one & a couple of other tracks that will be on the forthcoming Alice album - Woman of mass distraction, Steal that car, & Pretty Ballerina (a 60's cover) . They all sound pretty good. His new album Dirty Diamonds is due out in August.

Killer is the best AC Group album in my opinion. But my all time fave AC song is the Ballad of Dwight Fry which is off Love it to death. I'm going to the 1st of his 2 shows that he'll be performing in Perth. The 1st show is on July 4 so I'm hoping he does something extra special seeing it will be American Independence Day.
June 12th, 2005 12:24 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Navin wrote:

"I love the Dead" is the last track from the million-selling 'Billion Dollar Babies" by the original Alice Cooper Band in 1973.

"Dead Babies" is from their second 1971 album, 'Killer' (probably their best) - their first 1971 album being 'Love it to Death' (probably their second best)

"I love the Dead" is great, esp. when performed live, at one stage, a real guillotine appears on stage, Alice is 'executed' by hooded men and his severed 'head' is displayed, 'spitting blood' into the audience...

Thank you, I`m downloading it right now.
June 13th, 2005 02:12 PM
Dan He did a surprise warm up gig at Cooperstown in Phoenix last night, did a few new songs, took a lot of requests and played Brown Sugar.
June 14th, 2005 07:48 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Dan wrote:
He did a surprise warm up gig at Cooperstown in Phoenix last night, did a few new songs, took a lot of requests and played Brown Sugar.

A friend of mine sent me the setlist yesterday and I couldn't believe. I've listened to a live version of HTW they played in the 2003 tour.

Jay's anxiously looking forward to see this bootleg coming to light.
June 15th, 2005 06:38 AM
corgi37 Got any lyrics for this new song?
June 15th, 2005 08:09 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Got any lyrics for this new song?

Not sure about this Corgi, must search for the lyrics. What's your thoughts on this song?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)