ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Charlie's good today
© 1971 London Features International
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hello from Paris -- Gazza says hi! Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 14th, 2005 08:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
keith_tif wrote:

I saw them in Longchamps hippodrom in Paris in 1995! It was terrible, 2 hours under an non stop storm, but the guys are very excited and it was a giant concert!

that was an amazing weekend. First night it was scorching hot, I managed for the only time in my life to get a VIP access pass (its a long story) and got to hang out before the show with Jerry Hall and Darryl Jones (and got photos too). Even better, in doing so, I managed to miss having to stand through Bon Jovi. Great show...Keith did "Connection" for the first time in his 'solo' spot and the band somehow 'forgot' to play IORR for the first time in years.

The second night saw the infamous "storm at longchamps". Anticipating another hot day, I went in a t-shirt and shorts...and I've never got so wet in my entire life. Months later, bits of damp clothing were still being pulled out of orifices I never even knew I had. It was fucking brilliant, too. The Stones were absolutely fantastic and played their arses off despite the stage being full of puddles. Mick, Keith and Ronnie all wore these big coats and hats and looked like they had come straight from a Mafia funeral.
June 14th, 2005 08:50 AM
mac_daddy glad you had a nice trip. i am sure this thread was a shocker t ya - kind of freaky...

quote:
Jim Morrison's final resting place is thankfully in a much better condition than it was last time I was there.

any pics..?
June 14th, 2005 08:57 AM
Gazza I was only teasing about it being a 'shocker'. Didnt mean to give the wrong impression..lol

yeah, I got a couple of pics of Jim's grave. I'll post them when I get them developed.

Unlike the other graves in Pere Lachaise, they actually now have crash barriers around it, so you cant actually get within touching distance anymore. There is also a warden standing nearby just in case. When I was there years ago, the grave and dozens of those around it were covered in graffitti. They've really cleaned the area up and removed most of it and its no longer the unsightly mess it used to be. Plus the headstone has changed.
[Edited by Gazza]
June 14th, 2005 09:14 AM
egon i remmeber that gazza!
been there several times, and it's funny that there're ALWAYS people/fans by his grave.
June 14th, 2005 09:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was only teasing about it being a 'shocker'. Didnt mean to give the wrong impression..lol

yeah, I got a couple of pics of Jim's grave. I'll post them when I get them developed.

Unlike the other graves in Pere Lachaise, they actually now have crash barriers around it, so you cant actually get within touching distance anymore. There is also a warden standing nearby just in case. When I was there years ago, the grave and dozens of those around it were covered in graffitti. They've really cleaned the area up and removed most of it and its no longer the unsightly mess it used to be. Plus the headstone has changed.
[Edited by Gazza]

they "cleaned" the grave last year when the "doors of the 21th century (lol)" played in Paris.
good to see you back and having a good time Gazza!

but next time the southern ROffers would be very pleased to welcome you too!!

cheers
Ju
June 14th, 2005 09:18 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was only teasing about it being a 'shocker'. Didnt mean to give the wrong impression..lol

[Edited by Gazza]

that's what i have seen - there is the poster that's famous and omnipresent in college dorm rooms, and then there is the footage in oliver stones' movie. thanks for sharing the pics you took. i wonder if they are ever going to exhume that thing and prove that he is in there..?

June 14th, 2005 09:19 AM
Joey [quote]Gazza wrote:
I was only teasing about it being a 'shocker'. Didnt mean to give the wrong impression..lol "

Welcome Back Gazza ......................

How was Paris ?!?!?!

June 14th, 2005 09:20 AM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

did someone say PASTIS ?!
June 14th, 2005 09:55 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

How was Paris ?!?!?!

hot, sticky, welcoming, great tasting, baffling and filled with Japanese tourists....

Oh...you mean the city?
June 14th, 2005 10:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

they "cleaned" the grave last year when the "doors of the 21th century (lol)" played in Paris.
good to see you back and having a good time Gazza!

cheers
Ju

all in good time, Ju!
June 14th, 2005 10:22 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

hot, sticky, welcoming, great tasting, baffling and filled with Japanese tourists....

Oh...you mean the city?

You Make Joey laugh like Hell !!!!!

June 14th, 2005 12:30 PM
Jacques Hi Gazza
you were here in France and did not come to Limoges, shame on you.
You're lucky I love your wife better than you......LOL
June 14th, 2005 12:36 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Hi Gazza
you were here in France and did not come to Limoges, shame on you.
You're lucky I love your wife better than you......LOL

May be one day dear Jacques, if the Stones perform in Limoges!!
and I ll be there too (but without my wife )

cheers l'ami

Ju
June 14th, 2005 01:32 PM
Jacques Hi Ju
you know you are welcome even they don't perform in Limoges
[Edited by Jacques]
June 14th, 2005 01:34 PM
Jacques .............
and I'll go to Montpellier to meet your wife.....LOL
June 14th, 2005 01:35 PM
Jacques Sorry
I forgot CHEERS too
June 14th, 2005 03:40 PM
Surround Sister Cleaning up around the grave in Père Lachaise has been a subject for consideration for long time, long befoire the New Doors etc etc came there.

I engaged myself with my Ex back in 91 at the grave; and returned in 99 with my current wife. More high life there in 91: the wardens had to shove the hippies away... Fookin bunch; they wouldnt understand Morrison even if he shat on them.

Still there, Gazza; go to St. Germain; visit Brasserie Lipp - it´s Hemingways & Madonnas habital joint. Real cool with the most excellent & delicious lamb; fish soup & Calvados which makes you float out in the sky (20 y o).
June 14th, 2005 03:44 PM
Gazza Got home yesterday, SS - but thanks for the tip!

Was actually in St-Germain on Wednesday!

Jacques - I will kick votre derriere!!
June 14th, 2005 06:12 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Jacques - I will kick votre derriere!!

Dear Gazza...a friend of mine...well, will ya???
June 14th, 2005 07:26 PM
Soldatti Great to see you back Gazza.
June 15th, 2005 04:42 PM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Great to see you back Gazza.

Hello Soldatti
( Rocks Off Member )

June 15th, 2005 09:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello Soldatti
( Rocks Off Member )

Pete Townshend and Keith Moon
By Ronnie Wood
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)