ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lenny and Mick Return to archive
15th June 2004 08:36 PM
Daethgod from http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/15/1087244901768.html?oneclick=true

(includes Lenny and Mick pic, Lenny with his 'lady' haircut)

Retro-rocker Lenny Kravitz says he kept a marijuana joint that he had shared with Mick Jagger as a souvenir for a year, reports Ananova.com.

The Let Love Rule singer said he kept the joint because he was such a fan of the ageless Rolling Stones frontman. However, the remainder went up in smoke a year later after he ran out of dope.

"We were performing on the same stage once, and he invited me to go to his place afterwards," Kravitz told the Croatian magazine Gloria.

"We talked the entire night, and smoked marijuana. We shared a joint, and I kept the rest of it for almost a year. It was a sign of respect."

But Kravitz's respect was apparently outweighed by a pressing need one night.

"At one point I had no grass at home, so I smoked the rest of the joint I shared with Jagger," he said.

Kravitz is scheduled to perform in Velika Gorica, Croatia, on June 23, to promote his new album, Baptism.

15th June 2004 10:23 PM
glencar What an ass!
16th June 2004 01:42 AM
MarthaMyDear I AGREE!!! lol....... Oh, I used to like him... He sounds dumb... Oh, Slash is more of a dang hottie anyways... lol..................... LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I did recently think it was odd that Nichole Kidman went out with him but whatever... Whatever floats your boat!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
16th June 2004 02:48 AM
UGot2Rollme even though I liked Lenny's collaboration with Mick on Wandering Spirit (Use Me Up) and he basically wrote Mick's last good single (God give me everything), I don't like any of his songs very much and there's something about him that's too contrived or posed, I don't know, seems he trys a bit too hard to be cool or something...
16th June 2004 03:14 AM
Monkey Woman Lenny's weird, sometimes... Well, it shows that you can be a superstar and act like any shameless, startruck fan!
Too bad he didn't put it on eBay!!! ROTFL

Oh and BTW, it's cool to see Jagger named "the ageless Rolling Stones frontman" and not a wrinkly rocker as newspapers do too often...

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
16th June 2004 03:51 AM
Monkey Woman Mick and the "lady"

16th June 2004 04:15 AM
Monkeytonkman god Gave Me Everything was in my opinion one of the standout tracks from Goddess..

I rocked out like little or no others on the album, thanks should be given to lenny for that. having said that, I saw him a few years ago at wmbley, with Aerosmith, Black Crowes, Stereophonics, and others and he was pretty shite.

Saying that, black Crowes blew everyone off the stage that day!
16th June 2004 07:34 AM
F505 Lenny belongs to the category of 'people who want to look like a rockstar'. (In that same category: Dave Stewart, Kid Rock, Tommy Lee) Thet are all posers. They lack the natural charisma of Keith to mention one GENUINE rock 'n roller.

I saw Kravitz once from a short distance and that man is really dwarf-sized.
16th June 2004 07:52 AM
justforyou Say what you want F505, but Tommy Lee is an exceptional drummer, very nice to watch too, poser or not.
16th June 2004 11:38 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
F505 wrote:

I saw Kravitz once from a short distance and that man is really dwarf-sized.

The Stones are not extra-tall either.
16th June 2004 11:44 AM
F505 I know Monkey Woman but compared to Lenny they are giants believe me!
16th June 2004 11:54 AM
quackenbush In the above picture, they are the same height.

Going on the strength of their two songs together, Mick and Lenny should do an album together.
16th June 2004 12:08 PM
Monkey Woman Well, I would love to see them do an album together. But I'd rather have the new Stones album first!!!

If you like "stargazing", there's a sequence in the DVD "Being Mick" about Mick's collaboration with Lenny Kravitz on GGMEIW. He's staying at Lenny's wonder house in Miami and working in the studio. Well, they just left out the part when they went to a disco after finishing the song!

BTW, they do look about the same height in the movie.
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
16th June 2004 12:14 PM
F505 Ever seen his high heels?
16th June 2004 12:18 PM
Monkey Woman Aaaah! I see, now!
16th June 2004 01:05 PM
jb I like his guitar player a lot...he, however, is closely following the Aerosmith route...also, what happened to his hot female drummer....On Leno, he had some new guy?
16th June 2004 08:45 PM
corgi37 Lenny has had his day. About the only he's done of any worth lately is Nicole "I'm a single mum, and i want more children, but i wont have them because it will stretch my gash too far and ruin my career, so i'll just buy them off poor mothers" Kidman.
16th June 2004 08:57 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
About the only he's done of any worth lately is Nicole "I'm a single mum, and i want more children, but i wont have them because it will stretch my gash too far and ruin my career, so i'll just buy them off poor mothers" Kidman.

Damn! That's some middle name Nicole has