ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Eddie Van Halen Hairdo Return to archive
15th June 2004 01:27 AM
Taptrick

Anyone seen the photos of the Van Halen dress rehearsals and Eddie's hairdo? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! He looks like Pebbles from the Flintstones. Sammy gained a good 20 pounds too. Can anyone post a pic? I'll try but not sure I know how - here goes:

OK, can't figure it out - here is the link:
http://www.vhnd.net/articles/040603-01.shtml
15th June 2004 01:58 AM
gypsy Interesting. Thanks! Eddie's hair would be cooler if it were a straight-up old-fashioned mohawk.
I like his pants though...I grew up right off of an army base, and love to wear camo every once in a while.
15th June 2004 02:45 AM
UGot2Rollme I like the new Eddie look, but Sammy better lay off that poundcake
15th June 2004 03:55 AM
beer i remember when i was a young little beer, i loved Van Halen. Mostly because my older cousin liked 'em, so i followed. i remember when Diamond Dave quit/got booted.i liked Michael anthonys J.D. bass. the rumors of the band changing their name to Van Hagar and all that. i remember thinking the video for panama was sooo cool.
nowadays looks a little weird. Sammy looks like a giant tampon. And Diamond dave is bald and buys dime bags in Central park! Jeez, how the mighty fall.
15th June 2004 06:56 AM
FotiniD And here he is

Cute haircut
15th June 2004 06:58 AM
Jumping Jack No wonder Valerie left him. Truly frightening!!!
15th June 2004 07:25 AM
Factory Girl Eddie looks like he's on smack. Where is that glazed over look???

I think they rocked with Diamond Dave in the 80's. Now, they sound trite.
15th June 2004 09:53 AM
Monkeytonkman Ugot2rollme:- Better lay off the poundcake!

Man I was laffin out load at that one brother.
Your a funny dude!

Keep on rocking!
15th June 2004 10:30 AM
Some Guy no comment.
I plead the fizzle.
[Edited by Some Guy]
15th June 2004 10:49 AM
gimmekeef Hey, the guy just battled cancer and probably chemo for gosh sakes....give him a break and welcome him back...
15th June 2004 10:59 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I think they rocked with Diamond Dave in the 80's. Now, they sound trite.

I think haircut was popular in the 80's as well
15th June 2004 01:19 PM
BILL PERKS EDDIE IS STILL SMOKING,DESPITE CANCER SCARE!...WHATS WRONG WITH DAVE BUYIN A DIME BAG?
15th June 2004 01:21 PM
jb I imagine he has gone through a lot...cancer, the break up of his marriage, his bands multiple re-incarnations....
15th June 2004 02:08 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I imagine he has gone through a lot...cancer, the break up of his marriage, his bands multiple re-incarnations....

15th June 2004 02:08 PM
Some Guy Dime bag Dave has been very silent lately.
15th June 2004 03:14 PM
GimmeExile How have the reviews of the first few shows been? I'm going to see them next Friday night...
15th June 2004 03:18 PM
Saint Sway I dont see what the big deal about the pics are??

they look exactly like the lame-ass band I remember

Eddie's still a huge poser. Hagars still a fat dork in an outdated cheesy 80s pink jumpsuit. The bassist still looks like a fat janitor.

those pics could of been taken yesterday or 10 years ago. Nothings changed. Van Hagar still blows. Always will.
15th June 2004 03:27 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I dont see what the big deal about the pics are??

they look exactly like the lame-ass band I remember

Eddie's still a huge poser. Hagars still a fat dork in an outdated cheesy 80s pink jumpsuit. The bassist still looks like a fat janitor.

those pics could of been taken yesterday or 10 years ago. Nothings changed. Van Hagar still blows. Always will.

That was funny!!!
15th June 2004 03:38 PM
Some Guy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
How have the reviews of the first few shows been? I'm going to see them next Friday night...

The Dave guys have hated the shows, the Sammy guys love them. They have had a few problems but other wise decent reviews. Low ticket sales and attendance thus far. The "new" album is at #10 so far. I don't like the new songs. I am a classic Van Halen fan so I will not be seeing them, I haven't heard any Atlanta dates yet. Enjoy!!
15th June 2004 09:57 PM
GimmeExile Thanks, Some Guy...I'm neither a Dave or Sammy guy. I'm an Eddie guy, so I'll be going...Have ticket sales been that weak? I know in some cities they're playing multiple dates.
15th June 2004 10:27 PM
corgi37 I really liked them once. OU812 is one of my fave cd's ever. But, jeez, some bands should just realize when to give it away. Is Anthony going in a Billy Ray Cyrus look alike comp? It looks like Eddie's teeth have fallen out too. And, sure sign they should just go away. Getting you kid on stage. Man, what next? An album of standards?
15th June 2004 10:29 PM
glencar This is their last gasp. Seriously.
15th June 2004 11:59 PM
Scottfree I understand everyone's sentiments about VH, but look at it this way. Would you rather have VH out there still making an attempt, or these jive ass expansion bands? I think the answer is clear.....
16th June 2004 01:28 AM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
WHATS WRONG WITH DAVE BUYIN A DIME BAG?
It's so eighties!!! lol................. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that maybe HEALTH might be an issue (?!?!?!)!!! lol................ I'm quitting smoking again this weekend when no one will be around, I hope, less they feel the wrath of a smoker quitting, and shit... lol........ Brave souls... lol... LOL!!!!!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
16th June 2004 11:07 AM
Some Guy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Thanks, Some Guy...I'm neither a Dave or Sammy guy. I'm an Eddie guy, so I'll be going...Have ticket sales been that weak? I know in some cities they're playing multiple dates.

From what I've been hearing yeah ticket sales are slow. I may be wrong. But the hype and exposure regarding this tour has been lame to say the least.