ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: In Bangkok with Mick Return to archive
14th June 2004 04:53 PM
Monkey Woman While looking for Mick/Luann related news, I just happened by this fascinating account of a day in Bangkok with Mick during last year's Far East tour.

We know Mick loves to travel in exotic countries. Joe Cummings, a writer of travel books, had the luck to meet Mick in Bangkok and show him around the city and on the Chao Praya river. He tells the story with humour and it's a gread read:

Mick & Joe in Bangkok

"When Mick Jagger's staff contacted me and asked if I could spend some time with Mick in Bangkok, I was both thrilled and apprehensive. At the time the Rolling Stones were rolling through Asia on their Forty Licks tour, and vocalist/frontman Jagger was taking time off to travel privately in Thailand..."

Read the rest on Joe Cummings website:

http://www.joecummings.com/stories/mick_jagger/
14th June 2004 05:28 PM
montana awesome MW!!! it ran into it this morning while i tried to find something on mick and l'wren engagement...you know... but the site didnt load...and i closed the window without having a look...so it's great you posted it!!!!

A BIG THANK YOU! great shots in the article...

Lour
14th June 2004 05:30 PM
Joey
Thanks So Much Monkey Woman
14th June 2004 06:12 PM
Mel Belli I'm sorry, but no mortal human being is worth this kind of treatment (from the Commings story linked above):

"For film purposes, they wanted me to be the first person to greet him as he stepped from the elevator at The Oriental. He was supposed to come down anytime between 3 and 4pm, so they had me stand in front of the lift - which was reserved for him only - and watch the light sitting on the 16th floor, the Oriental's penthouse suite. They said that when the light starting moving down the numbers, it meant Mick was in the lift on his way down, so I needed to 'prepare' myself mentally for meeting him and be standing in the right spot.

"I stood there for nearly an hour, staring at the elevator light while the director and producer kept saying things like 'Remember, just talk to him like he's a human being, it'll be alright. No need to get nervous, etc" and "Right after you shake his hand and are introduced, step to the left and stand over by that telephone till we put a mic under his shirt, then wait for him to walk toward the door, then walk briskly around him to arrive at the pier before he gets there".
14th June 2004 06:42 PM
Monkey Woman And all that never got to be used in the documentary, since the Stones cancelled their Bangkok concert.

The funny part is that the crew were more nervous themselves than Cummings: "Meanwhile they both look like they're about to jump out of their skins, they're so nervous - and they've been filming the band for 10 weeks!"

I also like the part about Angelina Jolie... and Mick's wisdom about men and kids!

"'do you have kids?' he asked; 'not yet' i answered; 'that's what all men say, not yet, if it were up to the men in this world there'd be very few kids'"