ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peńaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Deadman's Party - Oingo Boingo Tribute Band Return to archive
13th June 2004 07:35 PM
Taptrick
I saw them last night at Cane's in Mission Beach, San Diego and was blown away. Fantastic 9-piece band complete with killer horn section. I was never a huge Oingo Boingo fan but my wife grew up in SoCal and she influenced me to the point I understood - last night "I got it." This is only a tribute band but what a bunch of musicians. The lead singer put the band together and they played House of Blues within three months. The band explains:

"With the help of Oingo Boingo fans everywhere who agreed, Halloween just isn’t the Same with out Boingo, this talented, tight, energetic group was a success from their first performance at the House of Blues, Anaheim in October of 2001. Since then they have entertained amazing audiences of singing, screaming, dancing Lads & Little Girls in San Diego’s 4th & B, Costa Mesa’s Galaxy Theater & even Huntington Beach’s Kozmo’s for an intimate party of die hards. The band continues to perform throughout the year and will remain Southern California’s premier Halloween band for years to come."

Plus these guys brought out some weird xylophone instrument that has progressively smaller shaped keys bent and warped in a curved pattern that somehow utilize different shaped gords underneath as part of the instruments sound. It was eveidently some sort of music experiment project of some of the origial Oingo Boingo guys at USC - UCLA or wherever they went. But this was the original instrument lent to them. And they figured out how to play the damn thing. Web site if you are interested:
http://www.dmplive.com/index.html

[Edited by Taptrick]
14th June 2004 12:12 PM
jb Thanks taptrick.