ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cocksucker Blues Return to archive
12th June 2004 08:43 AM
penatonic fix Also a good video to get that documents the 72 tour is Cockersucker Blues.One great scene jagger and MT stop at a roadside place somewhere in the south and a guy is playing acoustic guitar if i remember correctly.And another great scene is when keith,jim price,bobby keys arre playing cards in some hotel and the tv is on and they are talking about
george wallace.

On that tour Taylor did double work he played with Billy Preston's band and that boot is great to get.
14th June 2004 12:01 PM
jb Yes.
14th June 2004 12:54 PM
Monkeytonkman Where do you get hold of this bad boy?

I think I'm right in that it never got an official release in the UK, or did it. Where can you locate a bootleg from?

14th June 2004 02:06 PM
F505 I do remember a poster on this board with this offencing nick
14th June 2004 05:50 PM
Gazza >On that tour Taylor did double work he played with Billy Preston's band and that boot is great to get.

that was the 1973 European tour. Stevie Wonder was the opening act on the 1972 North American Tour
14th June 2004 05:53 PM
Gazza >I think I'm right in that it never got an official release in the UK, or did it.

It never got an official release ANYWHERE. The Stones vetoed it's release, not surprisingly considering the title and the contents.

The director, Robert Frank, has allowed it to occasionally be shown at film festivals - with him in attendance - but it has never been released either in cinemas or on home video/DVD. I doubt it ever will as long as the Stones are active as a band
14th June 2004 06:15 PM
Gimme Shelter I got a very good VHS copy off of E-BAY.
14th June 2004 08:17 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
F505 wrote:
I do remember a poster on this board with this offencing nick

what is offensive about my nick..?
14th June 2004 10:36 PM
beer I got to see CS Blues in a movie theater.
I like the part where that fuckin drugged out maniac is babbling on about starting the "Jump Up Now For Dope" organization, which will benefit heroin enthusiasts everywhere.
14th June 2004 10:39 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
beer wrote:
I got to see CS Blues in a movie theater.
I like the part where that fuckin drugged out maniac is babbling on about starting the "Jump Up Now For Dope" organization, which will benefit heroin enthusiasts everywhere.

was that the guy who got his ass beat because he was trying to shakedown some dealers, fronting like he was with the band..?
15th June 2004 02:33 AM
beer I'm not sure. You're talkin about the guy named "Flex" from the STP book, right? the guy who was a hanger on to Keith, and ended up gettin his ass kicked by a Stones bodyguard?

The guy i'm talkin bout is in the scene with the soundman Danny Seymoore, shootin up in a hotel room.Maybe it is the same guy that the book refes to. i haven't watched CS blues in awhile, maybe i'll watch it tonight.

Another thing i remember hearing about CS Blues is that Robert Frank and Danny Seymoore were a film making team, and during the '72 tour, Seymoore turned into a junkie and died not long after the tour. Supposedly Robert Frank had hard feelings towards the Stones about the downfall and subsequent death of his friend. And that might've had something to do with the film not being released.

But, as with alot of Stones folklore, who knows.
15th June 2004 08:09 AM
mac_daddy yeah, flex...

but I figured that the guy with the shades, runnin his mouth about the united users front, might have been the same guy...

as for the sound guy, I thought he went to the bahamas after the tour and got clean. I think frank was pissed because the stones wouldnt let the film get released, and by the time he won an injunction (to show the film only when he was present), Frank was already a recluse living in nova scotia (where he still is today), and he didnt much give a sh&t about it anymore...
15th June 2004 10:31 PM
corgi37 ha-ha, the stones fuck some one up again. Thats why i love them. Seriously, thats why i love them. Man, they destroyed alot of people. Just another reason why they are legends.

Oh, and hip-hip-hooray for me. 700 posts!
15th June 2004 10:35 PM
corgi37 I mean, just to expand, Georgio Gomeslky (or whatever) was still whining as recently as that 5 dvd set released last year about how they shafted him. He's been a bitter Polish prick ever since. Unless he's dead now. Anyway, he goes on and on about it. And, he loves to say, how shit they are, how rich they became, how "poofy" Jagger was/is..blah, blah, blah.

15th June 2004 10:35 PM
glencar You're on your way!
16th June 2004 07:28 AM
beer one thing ya gotta remember about Gorgio Gomelsky, is that he just might have the earliest film footage of the Stones, ever. He filmed them playing a gig in his club very early on, and supposedly still has the tape.