ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: where can i find 1980 promo poster Return to archive
11th June 2004 05:53 PM
Bob Tamp been dying to find 1980 promotional poster for years. Pictures of the poster have appeared in several books. Its a color over size poster that came out when Emotional Rescue was released and placed in record( do you remember those) stores. Jagger kind of squatting, Charlie's hair slicked back, and Keith swinging a jacket. The poster says... rolling stones available on rolling stones records and tapes. anybody know of a sight that i can find this?
11th June 2004 05:55 PM
jpenn11 try ebay and put it on a watch list there
11th June 2004 06:08 PM
TooTough I have a great poster with printed autographs from the same foto session

http://people.freenet.de/WhipComesDown/ebay/AutogrammPoster.jpg
11th June 2004 11:36 PM
Bob Tamp TooTough... that is definately the same photo session.
12th June 2004 07:13 AM
TooTough Bob, you got mail.
12th June 2004 11:56 AM
Main Offender Try push posters.com. Good luck.
12th June 2004 12:28 PM
Bob Tamp Thanks Tom for the email. Its the same photo session, but a different picture i am looking for. i will find it some day.
12th June 2004 04:33 PM
MarthaMyDear HI, BOB!!! I hope you are doing well, ok., and feeling better?!?!?! Anyways, check this store I was in the other day 'cause they are very well known for their music collectibles, etc.:

Rockaway Records in Silver Lake (Los Angeles): http://www.rockaway.com

Try contacting them and I'm not sure if they mail things to people but if they have what you want and they don't deliver, email me at: [email protected] and we can arrange for me to deliver it, etc., to you, ok.?!?!?! I think I'm gonna be going there soon 'cause I have some collectibles I'm probably gonna sell to them and I just don't want to go through eBay right now...

Anyways, take care and I hope you find what you're looking for, ok.?!?!?! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
12th June 2004 05:48 PM
Bob Tamp Thanks Martha,
Yup, last 2 1/2 months have sucked but im slowly feeling better. Im going to Hackensack, NJ in 2 weeks to see Matt's grave. We have a road crew going so its Stones and Petty all the way. Matt would want those in his life to carry on and be happy so I"m trying.
P.S. I found the poster from your link...on ITS ONLY ROCK AND ROLL store, and it was only $12.00 each. I couldn't believe so cheap. I bought 3 of them.
13th June 2004 09:46 PM
mac_daddy Hi Bob! glad to know you are doing well...

rockaway records is a great shop, martha!!!

14th June 2004 01:14 AM
MarthaMyDear I'm glad you're doing better and that I helped you out with the poster!!! RIGHT ON!!! It just takes time to heal and I have not been feeling so up lately but I've noticed that through all the crap that seems to have gone on lately, my mood seems to lift a bit when I am outside on a nice day and I know that might sound dorky, etc. (lol.... LOL!!!!!!!!! :P lol... ), but it has helped me a little bit to get out and about and enjoy the good weather whenever that happens!!! Maybe that could help a bit (?!?!?!)... Anyways, take care, dear, and I'm glad I could help you out!!!

mac_daddy, did you notice that if you pay $10.00 (I think that is actually for a year?!?!?!) for a membership there that you get into these big sales that happen now and then (up to 50% off)?!?!?! I'm gonna check into that 'cause that doesn't sound bad!!! I'll let you know when I go there again and maybe we can meet there (?!?!?!)... I MIGHT be taking some collectibles in there to sell soon (or at least in July) so I'll let you know when I go (or visa-versa, ok.?!?!?!)!!! Anyways, take care, PEACE, and I hope to talk to you soon!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
14th June 2004 08:43 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote

mac_daddy, did you notice that if you pay $10.00 (I think that is actually for a year?!?!?!) for a membership there that you get into these big sales that happen now and then (up to 50% off)?!?!?! I'm gonna check into that 'cause that doesn't sound bad!!! I'll let you know when I go there again and maybe we can meet there (?!?!?!)... I MIGHT be taking some collectibles in there to sell soon (or at least in July) so I'll let you know when I go (or visa-versa, ok.?!?!?!)!!! Anyways, take care, PEACE, and I hope to talk to you soon!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***

that would be fun, Martha! let me know when you head over there next...