ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Smiths Return to archive
10th June 2004 11:41 AM
Honky Tonk Man It's one hour before the bar at work opens and I have no work to do.

Anyone here like The Smiths?

Again,like The Pixies, they are another band I should of got into a long time ago.

Only Morrisey could right lyrics like...

"And If A Ten Tun Truck Kills The Both Of Us, To Die By Your Side, The Pleasure, The Privilige Is Mine"

Alex
10th June 2004 11:44 AM
jb No..never liked them...Morrisey was on some late night show a week ago...
10th June 2004 11:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man You don't like Morrisey? But Josh, he lives in America now.
10th June 2004 11:49 AM
Bloozehound No kidding ?

Where...San Francisco ?
10th June 2004 11:58 AM
Honky Tonk Man Los Angeles.

Been there for a while, I think.
10th June 2004 12:18 PM
Joey " Anyone here like The Smiths? "

10th June 2004 12:18 PM
jb
10th June 2004 12:20 PM
sirmoonie Those vomiting smileys provide seconds of entertainment. Nice work Joe Low.
10th June 2004 12:21 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Those vomiting smileys provide seconds of entertainment.

10th June 2004 01:09 PM
stewed & Keefed I like the Smiths Albums like Hatful of Sorrow and the Queen is Dead are great,but they are a very english sounding band and were never big in the USA.
10th June 2004 01:17 PM
Joey
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
I like the Smiths Albums like Hatful of Sorrow and the Queen is Dead are great,but they are a very english sounding band and were never big in the USA.

Thanks So Much Stewed & Keefed !

10th June 2004 01:26 PM
jb Stewed and Keefed is cool!!!
[Edited by jb]
10th June 2004 01:31 PM
jb http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/119/119298_morrissey_comments_spark_bush_fire.html
10th June 2004 02:16 PM
stewed & Keefed He's not to keen on Bush then.
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
10th June 2004 03:17 PM
Joey stewed & Keefed is a Great Man ( See Corgi )
10th June 2004 04:00 PM
Gazza The Smiths were excellent - fave album - "The Queen Is Dead". fave songs : How Soon Is Now, Panic and There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.

I find Morrissey hilarious. Some of his solo stuff is great too. I'm amazed however that he has some level of success in America, though as he's SO quintessentially English
10th June 2004 04:28 PM
keith_tif i have got "meat is murder", great album, great band. And they sang against the ugly maggy Thatcher (=the british Reagan) during the eighties.
Sorry for my english, i'm franch
12th June 2004 03:32 PM
stewed & Keefed Just like to add the great guitar work of Johnny Marr.
14th June 2004 06:37 PM
Lil Brian I'll happily b&p this one to anyone interested. An excellent boot from the 'Meat is Murder' period.

SAME DAY AGAIN

William, It Was Really Nothing, Nowhere Fast, What She Said, Hand In Glove, How Soon Is Now?, Stretch Out And Wait, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Shakespeare's Sister, The Headmaster Ritual, Still Ill, Meat Is Murder, Miserable Lie, Barbarism Begins At Home, You've Got Everything Now.

This excellent quality CD features the entire performance from the Oxford Apollo, March 18, 1985, thankfully minus the annoying pops and clicks which sullied the Stealers CD. The only negative thing which can be said about this stellar production (from the above-the-fray Italian "Big Music" company) is the inexplicable absence of the amusing Morrissey line, "We're the other funny Manchester group". (JR)