ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones are in Holland right now !!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th June 2004 12:06 PM
cwatts0462 maybe they are trying to talk bill into one last big tour
you never know this could happen, would not be that surprised, but i must say its a bit of a bummer that they are not recording yet, iam starting to get the feeling
that we are talking fall 2005 or later,hope iam wrong
12th June 2004 02:33 PM
F505 In the meantime I have read the article in De Telegraaf: a lot of nonsense. Some quotes:
"In a dull yellow sweater Jagger and three friends settled down on the red chairs."

"He ate a sound salad with radishes en a pasta."

These are the most striking quotes so now you all know the level of this newspaper.
12th June 2004 02:57 PM
Monkey Woman Thanks F505, I see this article is as dull as the color of Mick's sweater!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
12th June 2004 03:50 PM
T&A The Wyman thing could NEVER happen. Among the many other things that could prohibit this - the one thing that WOULD prohibit is Bill's fear of flying that became exacerbated in later life...that alone would bar this from ever happening.
12th June 2004 04:15 PM
Monkey Woman Look at that! Dutch photographer Thomas Schlijper snapped a pic of Mick in Amsterdam this Wednesday:

http://schlijper.nl/archive/2004/06/09.html

source: IORR
12th June 2004 04:27 PM
cwatts0462
quote:
T&A wrote:
The Wyman thing could NEVER happen. Among the many other things that could prohibit this - the one thing that WOULD prohibit is Bill's fear of flying that became exacerbated in later life...that alone would bar this from ever happening.

IF YOU SAY SO
BUT WHEN THE TOUR STARTS REMEBER I SAID THIS
12th June 2004 06:29 PM
montana
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Look at that! Dutch photographer Thomas Schlijper snapped a pic of Mick in Amsterdam this Wednesday:

http://schlijper.nl/archive/2004/06/09.html

source: IORR

THANK YOU FOR THE LINK, MW!!!!!
13th June 2004 12:02 AM
LadyJane

Allow me to post the pic!

Sir Mick..June, 2004..looks damned good to me!

LJ.
13th June 2004 12:39 AM
BILL PERKS BILL HAS FLOWN...HE FLEW TO US IN 2001 FOR TOUR AND BOOK PROMO...STILL HE'LL NEVER BE BACK
13th June 2004 12:18 PM
Gazza Thats true, but thats about the only time.

Can you see him doing it 3 times a week? Hardly

Bill's not interested in playing with the Stones and doesnt even like their music anymore. So whats the point of asking him? Can you imagine them bringing back someone with that attitude to their work? They've now done 3 world tours and about 400 shows since he left. Get over it, folks.
15th June 2004 05:19 AM
IanBillen
Anyone know of what's going on with them now? Wonder how long the business meetings will take? If infact that was the real reason they are there (even though Ronnie said that was it)Are they for the most part over? I know Keith had his guitar and said he was going to the studio. Do you think he is just tinkering or do you guys think that infact that he, Ronnie, and Mick are getting solid recording and songwriting done over there? < I hope
What do you think? Things have been awful quiet over there.
Ian
15th June 2004 08:04 AM
Monkey Woman I doubt they did much recording there. Mick left before the others and Keith was reported to go back to Connecticut a few days afterwards.
Page: 1 2