ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones are in Holland right now !!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th June 2004 06:42 AM
bootcover Yesterday during the Bill Wyman gig, Mick, Keith and Ronnie with family came to the Amstel hotel in Amsterdam !!!

A friend of mine was lucky, he was the only one posting in front of the hotel and got an autograph from Mick and Ronnie on his guitar

Don't know what the three of them are doing here...

[Edited by bootcover]
[Edited by bootcover]
9th June 2004 06:44 AM
Monkey Woman That's great! I think I saw the post on IORR and he said he asked Ronnie if they were recording in Holland. Ronnie laughed and answered it was just a meeting. Cool story!
9th June 2004 06:56 AM
F505 I don't hope they went to see Bill and his rollator band.
9th June 2004 07:02 AM
Monkey Woman According to robnab at IORR (again! ) they didn't show up.

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?f=1&i=113510&t=113510
9th June 2004 07:16 AM
F505
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
According to robnab at IORR (again! ) they didn't show up.

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?f=1&i=113510&t=113510

Great!
9th June 2004 07:33 AM
Monkey Woman More info from Stonesdoug, Shidoobee:

"Michael COhl is also with them. With Prince Rupert retiring at the end of the year and Michael taking over the management, they are probably discussing the changeover.--plus hopefully the tour "

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=8421.topic
9th June 2004 07:35 AM
Jumacfly I d like to see Bill with them on stage...one of my last "stones" dreams!!
9th June 2004 07:41 AM
Gazza >Michael COhl is also with them. With Prince Rupert retiring at the end of the year and Michael taking over the management, they are probably discussing the changeover.--plus hopefully the tour "

oh Jesus, no. Not more of a role for that gobshite Cohl. Thats four figure ticket prices in future!

God knows what they're "discussing". I'm sure that stuff has been brought up already. I'd imagine they've done some pre-production work on some ideas for new songs

9th June 2004 07:42 AM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I d like to see Bill with them on stage...one of my last "stones" dreams!!

9th June 2004 08:32 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Michael COhl is also with them. With Prince Rupert retiring at the end of the year and Michael taking over the management, they are probably discussing the changeover.--plus hopefully the tour "

oh Jesus, no. Not more of a role for that gobshite Cohl. Thats four figure ticket prices in future!

Too bad! Mr Cohl was indeed rumored last year as Prince Rupert's replacement...
9th June 2004 10:11 AM
Jumping Jack Is Bill going to help on the new album? He doesn't need to fly to do that!
9th June 2004 10:34 AM
Jumacfly it would be so good....please boyz, bring back the groove,bring back Perkie,that s what we need for the next tour...rock n groove baby!
9th June 2004 11:18 AM
L&A If they've all met yesterday in Amsterdam, it was certainly to talk about money and business, and Bill is still concerned. BW will for sure never play again with the Stones.

Bill will play tonight in Belgium, Liège

9th June 2004 11:25 AM
Jumacfly [quote]L&A wrote:
BW will for sure never play again with the Stones.

9th June 2004 01:22 PM
L&A
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
[quote]L&A wrote:

It's just IMHO, Ju
9th June 2004 01:24 PM
jb
9th June 2004 01:28 PM
Angiegirl They are here, just a few miles from my bed. So THAT is why I slept so sound last night...

They forgot to phone me about the meeting too, I hate it when that happens.
9th June 2004 01:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
L&A wrote:

Never say Never...first rule of life.
10th June 2004 04:58 AM
bootcover Mick left yesterday, Keith and Ronnie are still in town.
10th June 2004 09:34 AM
egon
quote:
bootcover wrote:
... Keith and Ronnie are still in town.

no doubt visiting the heineken brewery.

did someone mention beer?
10th June 2004 12:14 PM
Martha Anyone get photos of this? If so can they be posted here?
10th June 2004 12:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
They are here, just a few miles from my bed. So THAT is why I slept so sound last night...

They forgot to phone me about the meeting too, I hate it when that happens.

Hi Angie .

Sturcee !
10th June 2004 12:17 PM
jb
10th June 2004 12:23 PM
Joey
11th June 2004 04:00 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Joey wrote:

Ok I wonder when they plan on recording?
I assume Mick and Keith have already started the writing process as was already posted.
Wonder when this album will finally be ready to put out.
They have been working it up for a long time so it better be a damn good one.
I want the whole album solid with no lack-luster tracks. I want this album to exceed both Bridges and Voodoo Lounge. I want an album where people can say "Wow, a truley great Stones album again from start to finish."
Who can blame me.
11th June 2004 06:47 AM
montana have you checked telegraaf.nl out? there's a pic of mick on the cover and inside

here's the link to inside pic

http://telegraaf-i.telegraaf.nl/daily/2004/6/11/TE/TE_2S_20040611_4/TE_2S_20040611_4.jpg

does any of you,dutch people, have access to telegraaf? and please translate

lour
11th June 2004 07:05 AM
Monkey Woman I'm just guessing but I think it's something about Mick going to a famous club or restaurant named Le Garage. There's a bit more on this page:

http://telegraaf-i.telegraaf.nl/daily/2004/6/11/TE/TE_2S_20040611_4/pagina.php
(If you move the mouse over the pic, the explanations show up.)
11th June 2004 07:30 AM
F505
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
I'm just guessing but I think it's something about Mick going to a famous club or restaurant named Le Garage.

You're right Monkey Woman. To read the article online (the headline: Mick's secret dinner) you have to be a subscriber of the Telegraaf, by far the worst paper in Holland....
Le garage btw is a trendy restaurant owned by Joop Braakhekke a famous dutch cook. On their website (www.diningcity.com/ams/legarage) no reference to Mick.
[Edited by F505]
11th June 2004 07:59 PM
Main Offender Mick, get out of famous restaurants and get into the studio. With the others!
12th June 2004 03:55 AM
egon
quote:
F505 wrote:
Le garage btw is a trendy restaurant owned by Joop Braakhekke a famous dutch COCK.

Page: 1 2