ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mick Jagger in Perú, 1982
Archives: Tomás D'Ornellas, Photo by René Pinedo
From Cucho Peñaloza's book "Los Rolling Stones en Perú"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Separately Return to archive
8th June 2004 06:29 AM
penatonic fix When and what sessions did Keith and Taylor come up with teh song Separately.Taylor plays the song sometimes at his gigs and mentions that he wrote the song with Keith way way back.
8th June 2004 06:40 AM
bez85 I heard it came from the Goat's Head Soup period..
8th June 2004 06:45 AM
stewed & Keefed It comes from the Goats Head Soup sessions 1972 at Kingston, Jamaica.and is credited as a Jagger/Richard song.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
8th June 2004 06:51 AM
Ruby Tuesday It´s on "Dancing so Free" and "It´s only Rock´n´Roll Outtakes" and they mention December 72 as recording date.
9th June 2004 05:23 AM
Mathijs Taylor released Seperately on his Stones Throw album, and it is credited to Richards/Taylor.

Mathijs
9th June 2004 05:43 AM
beer Mick Taylor is one of the greatest guitar players of all time. In my opinion, he even beats the hell out of Clapton. No other guitar player has that fluid style and brilliance that Taylor obviously mastered. i think it's cool that guitar players are raving about him more than ever these days.
9th June 2004 06:26 AM
penatonic fix taylor can walk on water even at age 55 his playing is fresh,fluid,and tonal heaven to any one that appreciates a great muscian.If you get the opportunity get some of his boots from his recent gigs or from his period away from the stones.
9th June 2004 07:01 AM
stewed & Keefed
9th June 2004 07:32 AM
penatonic fix Classic,Classic picture of Taylor notice those huge hands sure helps the Vibrato.Perfect Picture stance and technique
11th June 2004 05:18 AM
piratekeef I think Taylor played a live version at McCabe's Guitar Shop 1991. I don't know of any other live version of his.
11th June 2004 06:16 AM
penatonic fix Taylor has collaborated with many artists after he left the stones,Alvin Lee,Bob Dylan,jack Bruce,Joe Henry,and many others as well as having his Mick Taylor Band.He has so many
boots out there with traders of Mick Taylor music.
11th June 2004 08:22 PM
gotdablouse Great guuitar player obviously, but without a team of songwriters, he's a man without a mission as he can't write a memorable song to save his life, at least until now, couple of riffs and there obviously (CYHMK and TWFNO obviously).
12th June 2004 07:30 AM
penatonic fix Check out his 2 solo records he has written some good songs and music compositions.He is not a prolific or great song writer I agree.Listen to Broken hands from 1979 that song rocks and easily could of been a stones song,