ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Party's Over For Republicans (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th June 2006 09:37 AM
Buddha With Ineptitude on Full Display, the Party's Over for Republicans

by Garrison Keillor

People who live in mud huts should not throw mud, especially if it comes from their own roofs. As Scripture says, don't point to the speck in your neighbor's eye when you have a piece of kindling in your own.

I see by the papers that the Republicans want to make an issue of Nancy Pelosi in the congressional races this fall: Would you want a San Francisco woman to be speaker of the House?

Will the podium be repainted in lavender stripes with a disco ball overhead? Will she be borne into the chamber by male dancers with glistening torsos and wearing pink tutus? After all, in the unique worldview of old elephants, "San Francisco" is a code word for "g-a-y," and after assembling a record of government lies, incompetence and disaster, the party in power hopes that the fear of g-a-y-s will pull it through in November.

Running against Ms. Pelosi, a woman who comes from a district where there are known gay persons, is a nice trick, but it does draw attention to the large shambling galoot who is speaker now, Tom DeLay's enabler for years, a man who, judging by his public mutterances, is about as smart as most high school wrestling coaches.

For the past year, Dennis Hastert has been two heartbeats from the presidency. He is a man who seems content just to have a car and driver and three square meals a day. He has no apparent vision beyond the urge to hang onto power. He has succeeded in turning Congress into a branch of the executive branch. If Mr. Hastert becomes the poster boy for the Republican Party, this does not speak well for them as the Party of Ideas.

People who want to take a swing at San Francisco should think twice. Yes, the Irish coffee at Fisherman's Wharf is overpriced, and the bus tour of Haight-Ashbury is disappointing (where are the hippies?), but the Bay Area is the cradle of the computer and software industry, which continues to create jobs for our children.

The iPod was not developed by Baptists in Waco. There may be a reason for this. Creative people thrive in a climate of openness and tolerance, since some great ideas start out sounding ridiculous.

Creativity is a key to economic progress. Authoritarianism is stifling. I don't believe that Mr. Hewlett and Mr. Packard were gay, but what's important is: In San Francisco, it doesn't matter so much. When the cultural Sturmbannfuhrers try to marshal everyone into straight lines, it has consequences for the economic future of this country.

Meanwhile, the Current Occupant goes on impersonating a president. Somewhere in the quiet leafy recesses of the Bush family, somebody is thinking, "Wrong son. Should've tried the smart one."

This one's eyes don't quite focus. Five years in office and he doesn't have a grip on it yet. You stand him up next to Tony Blair at a press conference and the comparison is not kind to Our Guy. Historians are starting to place him at or near the bottom of the list. And one of the basic assumptions of American culture is falling apart: the competence of Republicans.

You might not have always liked Republicans, but you could count on them to manage the bank. They might be lousy tippers, act snooty, talk through their noses, wear spats and splash mud on you as they race their Pierce-Arrows through the village, but you knew they could do the math.

To see them produce a ninny and then follow him loyally into the swamp for five years is disconcerting, like seeing the Rolling Stones take up lite jazz. So here we are at an uneasy point in our history, mired in a costly war and getting nowhere, a supine Congress granting absolute power to a president who seems to get smaller and dimmer, and the best the GOP can offer is San Franciscophobia? This is beyond pitiful. This is violently stupid.

It is painful to look at your father and realize the old man should not be allowed to manage his own money anymore. This is the discovery the country has made about the party in power. They are inept. The checkbook needs to be taken away. They will rant, they will screech, they will wave their canes at you and call you all sorts of names, but you have to do what you have to do.

Noted al Qeda sympathizer Garrison Keillor

[Edited by Buddha]
14th June 2006 09:47 AM
Joey

Do you believe in miracles ........?!?!?!

..... YES !!!!!!

14th June 2006 09:56 AM
JerryT "Yes Colonel Kerry...I have visual and can confirm that the party is over...would you like for me to hold my position until General Dean arrives?"

[Edited by JerryT]
14th June 2006 09:59 AM
Maxlugar "Thank you Capt. Dukakis. I'm going in"
14th June 2006 10:03 AM
JerryT "Yo...I just went up in that hizzouse and said 'yo
yo...the party is over G'...for real...for real dog"
14th June 2006 10:04 AM
Jumping Jack CULTURE OF CORRUPTION - Our Dem ex-mayor Bill Campbell just got sentenced to 30 months for the Culture of Corruption he led during his term with bribes and other illegal activies to fund his gambling junkets with a VERY long list of bimbos. At least he had the good sense to blow the evidence quickly unlike "cold cash" Jefferson.

Pelosi is a fool thinking she can sell the idea that the Dems are boy scouts and above corruption. Both parties have crooks and it is the ACLU/Dems that are in fact suing the poor Boy Scouts.

When will the Dems take the party back from Soros and the left wing loons and field a moderate that might have half a chance of being elected?

A socially liberal, financially conservative candidate with a record of integrity is what is needed, regardless of the party. They would capture the majority of voters who do not trust the Christian conservatives or left wing anarchists.
14th June 2006 10:08 AM
JerryT "Oh yes...I have heard it on the AM radio Baboo...the party is over...oh what a glorious day"
14th June 2006 10:10 AM
JerryT "The party is over?...does that mean I can give up my other job?"
14th June 2006 10:14 AM
JerryT "The party is over?...So I got all dolled up for nothing?"
14th June 2006 10:15 AM
Maxlugar "The party's over? Hmmmm. Me thinks Momma gonna do a little celebratin' Rosie O'Donnell style. Bill {Clap-clap!} fetch me my dental dam!"
14th June 2006 10:15 AM
Joey

History Tends to REPEAT itself my Lil' Stonescicles :

14th June 2006 10:16 AM
JerryT "Ain't no thang...we just be taking the party over to my crib"
14th June 2006 10:20 AM
JerryT Why I gotta clean up after the party?...Cuz I'm black?..Cuz I'm black?"
14th June 2006 10:24 AM
JerryT "I'm glad the party is over...I'm all out of 'vote or die' t-shirts"
14th June 2006 10:29 AM
telecaster A cut n paste from Garrison Keillor?

I strongly feel that this cut n paste will rocket liberals back into power into the White House, Senate, Congress, majority of governorships and statehouses, and Supreme Court, all of which they have zero control over today

This cut n paste surely demostrates a shift among voters in the United States toward liberalism

I actually feel sorry for thinking libs like LJ and co.

14th June 2006 10:32 AM
Maxlugar "The party's over people!!!! And now we shall take over and move this country forward!!! For we are the party of ideas!!!! Big ideas!!!! COOL ideas!!!! Ideas those evil republicans can't even dream of!!! Like kittens, for instance!!! Let them serve in the military! And isn't it time they are given FREE MEDICAL CATNIP?!?!?! ISN'T IT TIME?!?!!!! HUH??!?!! OH GOD!!! NOT NOW.....YEAAAARRRRGHGHH!!!!!"

[Edited by Maxlugar]
14th June 2006 10:33 AM
Joey " This cut n paste surely demostrates a shift among voters in the United States toward liberalism"

14th June 2006 10:44 AM
Buddha I believe Mr. Keillor is a humorist. The article was, I believe, satirical in nature. (A dead giveaway was when he mentioned the "smart" Bush brother, because everyone knows there isn't a smart Bush brother)

That detail seems to have been lost on our resident Republicans.

Many jokes are funny because they have a basis in truth.

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."
Buddha

14th June 2006 10:45 AM
JerryT The child the village raised

14th June 2006 10:52 AM
JerryT "Go deep Johnny K!"

"Oh jesus...please let me catch it"

"God you two get me so hot"

[Edited by JerryT]
14th June 2006 10:54 AM
Maxlugar "Word has it the "Party is over" back home and we're pulling out little buddy. You'll all be dead soon. GIMMEE FIVE!!!"

14th June 2006 11:07 AM
Riffhard LOL! Carry on gentlemen. You're doing a mighty fine job!

Hey Macky has this new upstart recieved an invite to {{{{{The Couch}}}}}. He strikes me as an A-Lister. His P-linkin skillz are top notch all the way!

Riffy
14th June 2006 11:11 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
LOL! Carry on gentlemen. You're doing a mighty fine job!

Hey Macky has this new upstart recieved an invite to {{{{{The Couch}}}}}. He strikes me as an A-Lister. His P-linkin skillz are top notch all the way!

Riffy

No shit, I pissed myself laughing... This is thread o' the week.
14th June 2006 11:27 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Riffhard wrote:
LOL! Carry on gentlemen. You're doing a mighty fine job!

Word. This JerryT dude has got what we A-Listers call "It". He's got IT.

My people are in touch with his. I'm hoping something can be worked out.

14th June 2006 11:46 AM
Joey " He's got IT. "

" It's Hard Ronnie ! "

J. " A LISTER " Fly !

[Edited by Joey]
14th June 2006 11:54 AM
JerryT Joey?

[Edited by JerryT]
14th June 2006 01:38 PM
Brainbell Jangler (nsc)? I don't think so.
"To see [Republicans] produce a ninny and then follow him loyally into the swamp is disconcerting, like seeing the Rolling Stones take up lite jazz."
14th June 2006 01:42 PM
Dan
quote:

Word. This JerryT dude has got what we A-Listers call "It". He's got IT.

Careful now. Someone around here was just saying it was altered photos that keep losing the elections for Democrats. Would hate to see JerryT stuck with the blame should there be any surprises this November.
14th June 2006 02:11 PM
rasputin56 Gee, Washington D.C. really has gotten more dangerous than Baghdad. Look what Snow and Bartlett need just to go to Rose Garden press conferences.
14th June 2006 02:13 PM
JerryT "The party's over?...that's a shame...I was beginning to like Canada"

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)