ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A seroius question for professional beer drinkers Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th June 2006 01:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I know the Euros won't understand this, but Amercians who crave cold beer will. Look....after a..., lets say, half a can of beer gets warm and I put it back in the freezer for ten-fifteen minutes...it tastes like shit....even after its cold. I'm stumped. I lose alot of beer that way because I pour it down the sink. There must be some trick I'm missing.
13th June 2006 01:38 PM
Dan
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I know the Euros won't understand this, but Amercians who crave cold beer will. Look....after a..., lets say, half a can of beer gets warm and I put it back in the freezer for ten-fifteen minutes...it tastes like shit....even after its cold. I'm stumped. I lose alot of beer that way because I pour it down the sink. There must be some trick I'm missing.

You arent drinking it fast enough.
13th June 2006 01:40 PM
TampabayStone 1st. I would stop drinking beer out of cans. The flavor is a little off to begin with.

2nd. I do not mind my beer getting a little warm, but it might help to up the quality a little. A nice beer taste fine a little warm.

3rd. If you like the taste of cheap canned beer, I recomed a cooly to put over the can. It looks a little redneck, but it should do the trick.
13th June 2006 01:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Dan wrote:

Thanks.
13th June 2006 01:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
I lose alot of beer that way because I pour it down the sink. There must be some trick I'm missing.

the TRICK is to stop acting like such a pussy and drink your beer.
13th June 2006 01:50 PM
egon yes

and/or get one of those beercan-cool-keep-thingies.
(it could be that they sell it under a different name than that)
13th June 2006 01:54 PM
star star Glass bottles are way better... put them in the freezer for a while and it retains its cool edge for an age...a tip from a happy, healthy beer drinking Brit although i do, of course, enjoy a healthy smooth boiling hot pint of "ale" (!)
13th June 2006 02:06 PM
pdog Drinking slowly from a can... Have you told your parents you're gay?
13th June 2006 02:11 PM
sirmoonie You drinking diet beer, Motesie?
13th June 2006 02:12 PM
telecaster I usually go with the Colt 45 with the twist off cap so not a problem
13th June 2006 02:15 PM
pdog Beer bongs would help...
13th June 2006 02:17 PM
Dick Bush Oh my, how wrong can one be

Mate, have you ever drunk a beer?

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,421130,00.html
13th June 2006 02:18 PM
Dan My cheap ghetto beer of choice is Icehouse Ale in the 24 ounce can. Have to drink it twice as fast as I do the 12 ounce cans.
13th June 2006 02:22 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
I know the Euros won't understand this, but Amercians who crave cold beer will. Look....after a..., lets say, half a can of beer gets warm and I put it back in the freezer for ten-fifteen minutes...it tastes like shit....even after its cold. I'm stumped. I lose alot of beer that way because I pour it down the sink. There must be some trick I'm missing.

TTM, put a few pint glasses in the freezer.
Pour your beer in one of those, and it will
stay cold....it does sound, however, like you
may also need to drink a little faster.

SV

13th June 2006 02:24 PM
Some Guy Anyone tried Three Philosophers? Great beer!
13th June 2006 02:26 PM
Lazy Bones The best/recommended way to drink beer is out of a glass.

First, rinse the inside of the glass with cold water to remove any small particles of dust (yes, even with a washed glass). Failing to do this will threaten a good froth.

Second, grab a cold bottle of your favourite brew and pour into the upright glass leaving a half-inch to one inch foam/"head" on the top of your glass. This acts as a lid for your beer preventing carbonic gas from escaping. It also assists with caping aroma.

Enjoy.

13th June 2006 03:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels OK.THANKS everyone.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th June 2006 03:04 PM
Riffhard
quote:
egon wrote:
yes

and/or get one of those beercan-cool-keep-thingies.
(it could be that they sell it under a different name than that)

Yes. In my neck of the woods we call them beer tits. That's what we call them. Beer tits.<--------that's what we call them.

Riffy
13th June 2006 04:30 PM
egon I think i have a pair of beer tits.
they don't keep my beer cold though, no Sir!
13th June 2006 07:31 PM
killerbitch Speaking of beer, what is the BEST beer in the world? Is it from
Ireland, the UK or where?
13th June 2006 07:36 PM
Dan
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
Speaking of beer, what is the BEST beer in the world? Is it from

California.
13th June 2006 07:46 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
Speaking of beer, what is the BEST beer in the world? Is it from

Sweetheart,

The Brits may have invented the democracy and the Rolling Stones, the Americans the best nukes and the Frenchmen the best cuisine and wines - but its the Czechs amd Germans who invented the good beer, you may believe. I'm a German, amd I should know it!!
[Edited by Dick Bush]
13th June 2006 07:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot I spent 3 years in Germany, and I agree with ya Dick.

Every little village and town has their own brewery. These breweries have been refining their recipes and techniques for centuries. They produce bier(beer)that tastes like a bit of heaven on earth.

And it is quite literally cheaper than bottled water.

Man I miss that.
13th June 2006 08:52 PM
TomL Yopu gotta drink it, unless you can pawn it off to someone else for a cold one.
13th June 2006 08:53 PM
pdog This thread is making me thirsty...
Please, no heroin threads...
13th June 2006 11:24 PM
Bloozehound get youself a good beer stein, they work like a charm
14th June 2006 01:54 AM
gorda
quote:
Dan wrote:

I agree with Dan. You aren't drinking fast enough.

Ha! Ha! Ha!
14th June 2006 10:22 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Dan wrote:
My cheap ghetto beer of choice is Icehouse Ale in the 24 ounce can. Have to drink it twice as fast as I do the 12 ounce cans.

The champagne of beer works for me when I just want to walk over to the hood's gas station for a sixer (bottles). I hold it by the handle so I can use it for a weapon in case I'm attacked on the walk.
14th June 2006 11:33 AM
Dan
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

The champagne of beer works for me when I just want to walk over to the hood's gas station for a sixer (bottles). I hold it by the handle so I can use it for a weapon in case I'm attacked on the walk.

I drink that sometimes but prefer the 40 ouncer. Dont have to pay as much CRV and I have to drink it more than 3 times as fast so it doesn't get warm.
[Edited by Dan]
14th June 2006 11:36 AM
Saint Sway this thread should of been deleted 28 posts ago.

truly humiliating

I'd half expect to read this pussy crap on Dixie Chicks msg board... but on a Stones board????? PATHETIC!

[Edited by Saint Sway]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)