ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AC / DC ... all washed up? Return to archive
13th June 2006 01:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels It's almost July. Where the fuck are they? I hope this isn't the end of the road....ANGUS!.... We need you! the show must go on and all that.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
13th June 2006 01:18 PM
nankerphelge Seriously!

I have been watching the AC/DC sites for info -- last word was right around the first of the year that they were putting finishing touches on it.

WTF?

Long past due
13th June 2006 01:18 PM
Dan Not even in the studio yet. Maybe next year?
13th June 2006 08:53 PM
TomL Nanky my friend we will see Anus
13th June 2006 10:02 PM
StickyFishFingers I think something is not right within the AC/DC camp - about a year or so ago, a bloke I know here in Perth who has contacts within the AC/DC heirarchy told me about a rumour he had heard concerning the health of one of the band members. He didn't know which band member however or if he did he wouldn't say. Also around about a year ago Brian Johnson stated in an interview that the band had enough material for a double album and would definitely be releasing it sometime in 2005 - well we all know that didn't happen. Fifi Riccabono who is the Director of music at Alberts Australia confirmed about a month ago also that the Young's have written new songs but the band is yet to go into the studio to record them. And only a couple of days ago Alice Cooper said on his radio show that he spoke with Brian Johnson and got on Johnson's case about the delay in releasing a new album - nothing revealing however in Cooper's comments as to why the delay unfortunately.
13th June 2006 10:10 PM
Soldatti 6 years and half since the last AC/DC album
13th June 2006 10:12 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
6 years and half since the last AC/DC album

Not even close to the 8 years we had to wait for A Bigger Bang though!
13th June 2006 10:15 PM
Highwire Rob Perhaps Angus is waiting to grow a bit of his hair back.

God, I hope they tour soon. How much $$ -- not that they need it -- could they pull in for a world tour, today?
13th June 2006 10:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:

Not even close to the 8 years we had to wait for A Bigger Bang though!

At least we got 4 new songs, live albums, DVD's plus solo albums.
14th June 2006 12:53 AM
The_Worst
quote:
StickyFishFingers wrote:
I think something is not right within the AC/DC camp - about a year or so ago, a bloke I know here in Perth who has contacts within the AC/DC heirarchy told me about a rumour he had heard concerning the health of one of the band members. He didn't know which band member however or if he did he wouldn't say. Also around about a year ago Brian Johnson stated in an interview that the band had enough material for a double album and would definitely be releasing it sometime in 2005 - well we all know that didn't happen. Fifi Riccabono who is the Director of music at Alberts Australia confirmed about a month ago also that the Young's have written new songs but the band is yet to go into the studio to record them. And only a couple of days ago Alice Cooper said on his radio show that he spoke with Brian Johnson and got on Johnson's case about the delay in releasing a new album - nothing revealing however in Cooper's comments as to why the delay unfortunately.

I am a huge AC/DC fan & I too believe I heard that rumor a while back as well. This album was supposed to be out years ago. I have a feeling someone in the band is in fact sick & I doubt they are too willing to go on tour without the 5 of them as a unit. Hopefully they are all healthy & will be in the studio soon!!!
14th June 2006 05:56 AM
Pierre Latest News :

Hit Parader june 2006 :

The writer is interviewing Angus in New York and they talk about the new album. Unfortunately, there are no details regarding title, release dates or anything. It is definitely about the new album, as it mentioned the fact that it is 2006. Angus was supposedly in New York to do press about the upcoming album. He came across as very excited about it. He says that they find the studio more of a chore and that their real love is playing live. He also mentions that they are looking forward to including some of the new songs in their set. Angus also mentions how he finds it funny that people always speculate on whether this is their last album and tour. He said that he can't imagine doing anything else. He even talked about why they do not release greatest hits albums. He said that he sees this as a sign that a band thinks their best days are behind them. He doesn't think AC/DC's best days are behind them.

1/ yes some health problem with one member but everything is OK now.

2/ fight between Warner and Sony for the next album.
14th June 2006 09:06 AM
corgi37 Apart from having just a tuft of hair left, Angus looks ok.

Malcolm looks like a bag of shit.
14th June 2006 09:11 AM
StickyFishFingers Excellent news - thanks Pierre
14th June 2006 10:39 AM
Pierre
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Apart from having just a tuft of hair left, Angus looks ok.

I love Malcolm. "He looks like a bag of shit"... for sure, like Ronnie and Keith, no ?

14th June 2006 11:36 AM
Dan But I am also sure that every year off the road their per night guarantee goes up a little bit.
14th June 2006 11:40 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Apart from having just a tuft of hair left, Angus looks ok.

who cares????

THEY ROCK. HARD!!!

remember when Ronnie & Keith used to rock hard????

when was that??? 1981??
14th June 2006 02:51 PM
MrPleasant The sun comes up and I'm all washed up...
14th June 2006 07:47 PM
Soldatti So, no new AC/DC music this year.
15th June 2006 03:51 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Latest News :

Hit Parader june 2006 :

The writer is interviewing Angus in New York and they talk about the new album. Unfortunately, there are no details regarding title, release dates or anything. It is definitely about the new album, as it mentioned the fact that it is 2006. Angus was supposedly in New York to do press about the upcoming album. He came across as very excited about it. He says that they find the studio more of a chore and that their real love is playing live. He also mentions that they are looking forward to including some of the new songs in their set. Angus also mentions how he finds it funny that people always speculate on whether this is their last album and tour. He said that he can't imagine doing anything else. He even talked about why they do not release greatest hits albums. He said that he sees this as a sign that a band thinks their best days are behind them. He doesn't think AC/DC's best days are behind them.

1/ yes some health problem with one member but everything is OK now.

2/ fight between Warner and Sony for the next album.

Good news!

But Angus "doesn't think AC/DC's best days are behind them"??
Damn, AC/DCs best days were behind them in 1981!
15th June 2006 04:50 AM
Pierre Yes, and Stones in 1972
15th June 2006 04:51 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Pierre wrote:
Yes, and Stones in 1972

True.
15th June 2006 05:39 AM
Monkeytonk-man not many rock fans who saw AC/DC support the Stones on the Licks tour seemed to think their best days were behind them or were washed up.

In fact i seem to remember a lot of reports saying how they were the better band of the day. quite a feat for a support band.

Acca Dacca washed up? Nah, mate
15th June 2006 07:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels At any rate....I picked up two "new" AC/DC CD'S yesterday,
Powerage and If You Want Blood. They're here sitting on my desk still in the wrappers. I'll crack them here once I finish my morning coffee. LOL.
15th June 2006 07:34 AM
Ronnie Richards Good choices - Powerage and If You Want Blood define rock'n'roll.
15th June 2006 08:16 AM
rogerriffin Thanks for all news!

We Need a new AC/DC Album and Tour!!!
15th June 2006 10:55 AM
corgi37 They define rock n roll?

As opposed to, say, oh i dont know, Exile?

Or maybe some Chuck B? Maybe a Elvis track or two? Maybe a bit of Buddy?

Define my ass.
15th June 2006 12:27 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Define my ass.

Ok, Powerage may not "define" rock'n'roll, but to me the sound, attitude, and the riffs on that album is pure rock'n'roll..

But your ass truly defines what rock'n'roll is all about!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)