ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Izzy confirms tour dates with GNR Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th June 2006 12:03 PM
Dan I found this on Metal Sludge:

this was posted on HTGTH:

Hi guys,

Back from London and found a couple of emails from Izzy in my inbox.

Update from Izzy (10.06.06):

"izzy here....i`m in london. i`m planning to join guns 11th-21st, cheers, izzy"

...he also offered me a backstage pass to London if I replied - which I didnt because I was already in London without my laptop. He then put my name on the Donnington guestlist... but again I didnt have my pissing laptop so didn't know about it Hope he joins them on July leg of tour now.

Anyway, Izzy will be at all GNR dates between 11th and 21st so hope you Izz fans can get to a show.

Will
Izzy Stradlin Online Home: www.juju.34sp.com/izzy/
13th June 2006 12:08 PM
Joey

I am leaving the board .
13th June 2006 12:10 PM
egon you know what would be great?

If guns & roses joined guns & roses on tour.
13th June 2006 12:29 PM
GimmeExile Izzy Stradlin is the soul of GNR. His return is nothing short of a miracle. I'm sure Axl did some begging and Izzy did some hard negotiating. Izzy wrote most of the great GNR songs and is still a prolific writer...Things could get interesting!
13th June 2006 12:32 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Izzy Stradlin is the soul of GNR. His return is nothing short of a miracle. I'm sure Axl did some begging and Izzy did some hard negotiating. Izzy wrote most of the great GNR songs and is still a prolific writer...Things could get interesting!

Izzy and Axl kissed and made up a long time ago. Izzy just doesn't want any long term committments. Its likely he will only be playing on 4-6 songs a night like in NYC and Donington.
13th June 2006 12:35 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Dan wrote:

Izzy and Axl kissed and made up a long time ago. Izzy just doesn't want any long term committments. Its likely he will only be playing on 4-6 songs a night like in NYC and Donington.

I hope he plays some shows with GNR in LA this fall. Izzy is on good terms with Slash and Duff and was close to joining Velvet Revolver. I thought I read that he wrote a lot of the songs on CONTRABAND, but I didn't see any credit given to him.
13th June 2006 12:42 PM
Dan
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

I hope he plays some shows with GNR in LA this fall. Izzy is on good terms with Slash and Duff and was close to joining Velvet Revolver. I thought I read that he wrote a lot of the songs on CONTRABAND, but I didn't see any credit given to him.

I think he hung out a bit and bailed. GNR is playing the KROQ Inland Invasion at the Hyundai Pavilion Sep 23. Not sure if domestic promotors are willing to risk a regular GNR tour once again though.
13th June 2006 01:04 PM
MrPleasant When I see how Izzy talks, burps and screams at cats, when he's walking down by my street, I'm truly afraid of becoming a disfunctional alcoholic; I'll probably stick a recent photograph of him by my personal bar, as a reminder.

Wait a minute, this is not my house; and that isn't Keith...
13th June 2006 02:03 PM
pdog Axl must be reading this board! Izzy is G&R !!!
13th June 2006 03:02 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:
Axl must be reading this board!

Did I not announce the Izzy rejoining two weeks ago only to have someone say otherwise? It's tough being accurate people, but posterity demands it!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
13th June 2006 03:11 PM
Saint Sway I love Izzy - always good to hear hes playing live, but this band is still a far, far cry from the real GNR.

however this new lineup does vault them up into the Top 5 GNR tribute bands
13th June 2006 03:29 PM
SheRat
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Izzy Stradlin is the soul of GNR. His return is nothing short of a miracle. I'm sure Axl did some begging and Izzy did some hard negotiating. Izzy wrote most of the great GNR songs and is still a prolific writer...Things could get interesting!

Thank you.
13th June 2006 04:19 PM
MRD8 I snatched their awesome Rock In Rio DVD from May 27th off of DIME...Axl wouldn't let them broacast the new songs which is fine with me...its a perfect greatest hits setlist!
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sweet Child 'O Mine
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
Out Ta Get Me
November Rain
You Could Be Mine
Patience
Nighttrain
Paradise City

13th June 2006 04:30 PM
lotsajizz were the sound problems cleaned up?

it took Axl--as it usually does--a few tunes to warm up, he needs a LOT more stamina if he is to tour, as opposed to individual shows...

13th June 2006 05:05 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Did I not announce the Izzy rejoining two weeks ago only to have someone say otherwise? It's tough being accurate people, but posterity demands it!

[Edited by lotsajizz]

Yes, you are to G&R what Pugsly and Jb are to The Stones here...
Do you have ticket sale info?
13th June 2006 05:10 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

Yes, you are to G&R what Pugsly and Jb are to The Stones here...
Do you have ticket sale info?

Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I raise my glass to you as I confess that the only ticket info I know of concerns the Europe dates at which they open for our favorite band.
13th June 2006 05:19 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I raise my glass to you as I confess that the only ticket info I know of concerns the Europe dates at which they open for our favorite band.

Will the album ever really come out? Who is Axl banging? Why did Duff and Slash quit the band? Is One In A Million the greatest non-Stones song ever? WTF is up with Axl's hair? Will Tommy Stinson ever play with Paul Westerberg again? Did you know I can poop standing up?
13th June 2006 05:25 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

Will the album ever really come out? Who is Axl banging? Why did Duff and Slash quit the band? Is One In A Million the greatest non-Stones song ever? WTF is up with Axl's hair? Will Tommy Stinson ever play with Paul Westerberg again? Did you know I can poop standing up?

1) Most of it as bootleg...officially it may take years yet, but I give it 2-1 this year.
2) Whoever it is will never be a tenth as hot as Stephanie Seymour, his original muse and bane of his existence and to whom he was such an asshole.
3) I think Duff and Slash were fired, they did not quit. Part of Axl's insanity---he was lucky to get replacements even more talented, but seemingly with less charisma.
4) I am not convinced that they are extensions....just might be a shit 'do'. I am just not sure.
5) I hope so....that Stimson is friggin' excellent!!
6) No, I did not. I think that suits four legged creatures better than us three legged ones.

13th June 2006 05:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Will the album ever really come out?

NO

quote:
pdog wrote:
Who is Axl banging?

SOME POOR, FOOLISH MODELS HEAD AGAINST A WALL

quote:
pdog wrote:
Why did Duff and Slash quit the band?

FOR STARTERS, SEE THE TWO ANSWERS ABOVE (full length answer is far too long for this thread)

quote:
pdog wrote:
Is One In A Million the greatest non-Stones song ever?

FAR FROM IT

quote:
pdog wrote:
WTF is up with Axl's hair?

EXACTLY!!!!

quote:
pdog wrote:
Will Tommy Stinson ever play with Paul Westerberg again?

YES!!! (see Mats newly released greatest hits compilation)

[Edited by Saint Sway]
13th June 2006 05:33 PM
pdog
13th June 2006 05:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Axl wouldn't let them broacast the new songs

Hmmm.. maybe he doesn'nt want the want the whole world to hear them for fear that it'll never be released!
13th June 2006 10:02 PM
ebmp
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

[Edited by lotsajizz]

Sorry, but Izzy DID NO rejoin the band! He's only playing some songs on the shows, and I can assure you he's not a member of this new band
13th June 2006 10:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Izzy Stradlin is the soul of GNR.

You said it.
13th June 2006 11:27 PM
JesusMe Axl and Izzy are 2 most important parts of GNR. Axl for his voice Izzy for his songwriting ability, you get another equally impressive lead guitarist, Guns still could have been guns with Izzy and Axl...

And I dont think Slash is overly impressive, yes he is good, but I think a bit overated,,, and this is coming from a HUGE GNR fan and someone who named there dog Slash!!!
13th June 2006 11:32 PM
Dan
quote:
ebmp wrote:

Sorry, but Izzy DID NO rejoin the band! He's only playing some songs on the shows, and I can assure you he's not a member of this new band

Right. Izzy is booked til June 21 while the tour is til the end of July so far.
14th June 2006 05:30 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Dan wrote:

Right. Izzy is booked til June 21 while the tour is til the end of July so far.

Yeah...and the naysayers said he would not even play that far!! We SHALL see...

14th June 2006 05:37 AM
Jumacfly Izzy rules!!
Agree with my baby Egon : GNR should play with GNR as soon as possible!!
14th June 2006 05:46 AM
egon jumy,

i wore "THE" t-shirt last week for the 1st time.
I shall post a pic asap. what about our mini summit?

14th June 2006 09:07 AM
corgi37 Wow, this is the revelation i have been waiting for.

So, its confirmed.

It's 1988 again.
14th June 2006 11:21 PM
mac_daddy

dan - do you have the presale info on the velvet revolver gig @ the oc fair..? it goes off tomorrow @ 10 am (if you give a sh*t)... if you need the info, hit me with a pm, and i will get it to you before i leave for work in the am (so you will have the info in plenty of time to score a ticket if you so choose; they are pricey - i think like $30-70, but that does include admission to the fair ).

vr is doing some west coast gigs before they head into the studio, so i wouldnt be looking for slash and duff at any of these gnr gigs, except maybe an la-area one, who knows what will happen there..?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)