ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Jagger’s Atcha! at the Undisputed Peace Festival in Germany Return to archive
12th June 2006 08:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Chris Jagger’s Atcha! at the Undisputed Peace Festival in Germany
Jazz News -12-6-06

Chris Jagger's Atcha will join the Undisputed Peace Festival at the Loreley, St. Goarshausen, Germany on 22 September 2006. Founded in 1994, Chris Jagger's Atcha! is one of very few UK bands that can handle cajun, R&B, zydeco, blues and country in an authentic and original fashion. The first CD, 'Atcha' and the follow-up 'Channel Fever' established Chris Jagger as a talented song-writer and singer. His songs are definitely in a different bag from brother Mick's, but this hasn't prevented them collaborating on various occasions.

Chris is backed by a band of great musicians. Charlie Hart brings to the band feel and experience gained from his time in Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance. Like Charlie, the fine drummer Malcolm Mortimore has been in the band from the beginning. The line up is completed by guitar prodigy Jim Mortimore and the brilliant bass player Paul Emile.

Chris Jagger’s Atcha! just released their third album 'Act of Faith'. Dominated of Chris’ ironic, pointed song writing confirm the album clear the position of the band between the best representatives of the early swamp blues, cajun and roots rock. 'Act of Faith' includes with the song “DJ Blues” the first ever recorded duet of the Jagger brothers and on “Junkman” David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) shines with an acutely atmospheric guitar play.

Nowadays the band is touring around all over Europe including UK, Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Hungary. In Posthof Linz, Austria the band was interviewed by Ulrike Kühlwein. During their spirited conversation Chris Jagger has told about their plans for Undisputed Peace Festival, a platform for independent artists and his personal views of the festival's special guests. The interview can be viewed on the festival's website
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
14th June 2006 12:37 AM
Jiving Sister Jan This freaked me out! Mick's brother doing Cajun & Zydeco.

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULE
15th June 2006 08:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jiving Sister Jan wrote:
This freaked me out! Mick's brother doing Cajun & Zydeco.

Hey, why not? Cajun & Zydeco don't get nearly enough respect.
15th June 2006 09:03 AM
Nellcote Chris's cd's are the nazz.
Go get them, thank me later.
15th June 2006 07:57 PM
Jiving Sister Jan
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Hey, why not? Cajun & Zydeco don't get nearly enough respect.

I agree! It's my 2nd favorite after the Stones.

I am from the belly button of Cajun & Zydeco music. I will have to call my local radio station KBON and request Chris's music. If you are into Cajun I recommend The Balfa Brothers, Nathin Abshire, & DL Menard Belton Richard I could go on & on. My new favorite is The Lost Bayou Ramblers they play traditional Cajun music. It's great to see these young men carrying on this tradition.

If you want to pass a good time come to Mamou, LA. on a Sat. at 8:00 in the morning and have a listen to some live Cajun Music at Fred's Lounge.

Zydeco!! Clifton Chenier& Keith Frank I'll just stop there I will look for a Zydeco message board and start a thread there.

I have 2 bumper stickers on my car the Stones tongue & I Love Cajun Music.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)