ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Roethlisberger Is To Motorcycles..... (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th June 2006 04:27 PM
lotsajizz As Lonborg is to skis

sorry, Neil....

Roethlisberger hurt in motorcycle crash

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was badly hurt in a motorcycle crash Monday and undergoing surgery. The extent of his injuries was not known.

Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition, said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy Hospital.

"He was talking to me before he left for the operating room," Jones said before the operation. "He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened. He knows where he is. From that standpoint, he's very stable."

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger likes to ride without a helmet, a habit that once prompted coach Bill Cowher to lecture him on the dangers. It was not known whether Roethlisberger was wearing a helmet when he crashed.

The crash happened at an intersection at the edge of downtown at about 11:30 a.m. A pool of blood was still visible there by early afternoon.

Police spokesman Lt. Kevin Kraus said police and homicide units were investigating the crash, something standard when there is an accident with critical injuries. Kraus would give no details on the extent of Roethlisberger's injuries or if anyone else was injured.

Steelers backup quarterback Charlie Batch was at the emergency room. He had no comment.

A silver Chrysler New Yorker with damage to the front passenger fender was removed and Roethlisberger's bike was loaded onto a flatbed truck. Police were detouring traffic around the crash scene as onlookers and media gathered.

In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger became the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship. He was 23 when he did it last February.

Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet. He has pointed out Pennsylvania's 35-year-old state law requiring helmets to be worn was amended to make helmets optional.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s.

Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: "Ride it when you retire."
12th June 2006 04:31 PM
Some Guy Has sirmoonie seen this?
It's over
12th June 2006 04:51 PM
sirmoonie Not good. Not good at all.

No helmet? WTF was he thinking?
12th June 2006 04:58 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Not good. Not good at all.

No helmet? WTF was he thinking?

exactly, what a royal douchebag this guy is president of Summers Eve.
12th June 2006 05:12 PM
Highwire Rob Put me in coach -- I'm ready to play!

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
12th June 2006 07:32 PM
Nellcote Hey Moonie, hope you enjoyed the ride.
Really sorry, as The Stillers in the AFC, with Rotho at the helm would've kept it all interesting.
Broken nose, lost all his teeth, knees injured, forget it.
This guy should not even be allowed back to the team if he's healthy, as I understand, he has priors in this area.
What a fool, what was he thinking.
And, what was ownership thinking for not making him sign a contract with this type of clause in it.
12th June 2006 07:34 PM
Jumping Jack Another Pittsburgh QB proves he is a genius. I wonder if he will be able to spell cat when he leaves the hospital? Good thing there aren't any coconut trees in Pittsburgh or he would be in real trouble.
12th June 2006 08:10 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Kerry Collins, white courtesy phone. Kerry Collins.
12th June 2006 08:21 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Kerry Collins, white courtesy phone. Kerry Collins.

12th June 2006 08:36 PM
charlotte as a penn state guy and Panther fan...that's funny mac!!
12th June 2006 08:38 PM
Poplar
Hope somebody in the AFC can give us a game, cause the Panthers are going to be bored with kicking ass in the NFC by the time we get to the Super Bowl.

12th June 2006 08:41 PM
mac_daddy

what are the panthers doing for running back this year..?
12th June 2006 09:33 PM
FrankiePeppers Let the Charlie Batch Era begin!!

Dumbest thing a QB has done since Frerotte headbutted the wall in 1997.

Athletes and bikes do not mix i.e. Kellen Winslow Jr., Jason Williams.
12th June 2006 09:42 PM
sirmoonie Nellie, you really think he is done?

I don't know enough yet.

What a friggin' fool though. And he seems like a smart kid.
13th June 2006 06:35 AM
Phog They're now reporting that he should be ready when the season rolls around. Thank god. The knee injuries were minor. What a dumbass thing to do.
13th June 2006 10:08 AM
Some Guy just for shits and giggles he should play the season without a helmet also
13th June 2006 10:34 AM
Nellcote Moonie, sure he probably will come back.
We will never know the true potential of what could've been.
Age is on his side, however, think coconuts, only at a greater speed.
13th June 2006 10:48 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Phog wrote:
They're now reporting that he should be ready when the season rolls around. Thank god. The knee injuries were minor. What a dumbass thing to do.

I don't know about that. At a minimum he is going to be eating through a pink crazy straw for 8 weeks, and will lose a lot of weight and fitness. Plus he'll go the Favre route on the doctor prescribed drug store supplies which will not help either. I can't see him being ready for Game Day, with a face all busted up like that.

Motorcycles are dangerous, even with a helmet. I just metally ticked of 5 guys I have know who got badly injured on them, including one who died. Stay away, my friends!
13th June 2006 11:03 AM
Lazy Bones He'll be back. Young, healthy kid...

Ironic that such an accident without a helmet would happen to a guy that wears one at work everyday.

He's one lucky bastard!
13th June 2006 12:57 PM
Nellcote The news out now is this genius did not have a license to operate a motorcycle.
What a chump!
13th June 2006 02:54 PM
Highwire Rob Are you saying he crossed the line?

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
13th June 2006 02:58 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Are you saying he crossed the line?

Very good!
13th June 2006 02:59 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Are you saying he crossed the line?

thats postin from behind the arc.
13th June 2006 04:56 PM
gimmekeef His jaw is broke..but they took half of Cowhers and grafted it on...he'll be ready to start next week!...
13th June 2006 05:02 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
His jaw is broke..but they took half of Cowhers and grafted it on...he'll be ready to start next week!...

Thats postin' from dahntahn right there......
13th June 2006 05:03 PM
pdog Is he related to The Kennedy's?
13th June 2006 05:29 PM
Some Guy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
His jaw is broke..but they took half of Cowhers and grafted it on...he'll be ready to start next week!...

thats a no look behind the back post.
14th June 2006 01:35 AM
glencar
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Put me in coach -- I'm ready to play!

[Edited by Highwire Rob]

Shit, Crazy Gary's on this shitty Rita Cosby show trying to make the case for wearing motorcycle helmets. I agree with his point but boy, does he make it tough.
14th June 2006 11:47 AM
gimmekeef Lucky Ben #7 is going to be alright...Hopefully he realizes how stupid he was...or Joey Porter sets him straight...
15th June 2006 10:35 AM
sirmoonie Better news than expected - no wired jaw, solid foods, no brain damage. Lucky dude.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/15/D8I8L9TO0.html
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)