ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...It was her second name!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey Voodoo I´m in México Return to archive
8th June 2006 09:52 PM
Mr Jimmy OK OK OK it´s been too long since I posted...muy muy tiempo or something like that, but who, if any of you, really care. AHHHH perhaps senor Voodoo does, only because I am once again in his beautiful homeland of Mexico, my home away from home.

But I am far, far, far, from Voodoo´s hustling, bustling mega-metropolis of Distrito Federal... an amazing city for sure. A city that all of you should bother to visit because you will never forget it in the best of ways.

¿But why did I suddenly say hi to my fellow rocks offer?

There I was, moments ago, strolling along Quinta Avenida (pedestrian ¨street¨ with bars etc) in Playa Del Carmen ¿and what do I hear emanating from a very tequila-ish type of establishment? Miss You.

And I miss all of you. Whether inspired by Don Julio (reposado) or not, it is a strong feeling for sure. Even Saint Sway holds a special place in my heart.

Hey Voodoo... You should come to Playa. I have been here for a month and staying another week or two. Lots of Mexicans in town... oh the ¨chicas¨ from D.F. and Guadalahara. Of course there are always girls from Italy and Argentina. Mamitas beach is muy bien.

OK... I´ll stop now.

And Gazza... you know I am on record, many times, for extolling the danceable vitues of Everything Is Turning To Gold. It´s impossible not to groove to that oh so grinding song. And now that the love juice starts to flow...

And flow and flow and flow.

Rolling Stones ROLL... and so do I

Hasta Luego
8th June 2006 09:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Wow! seems that you're having a great time, I'm gonna spend this weekend in Zirahuen (one of the most beautiful lakes in the world after some in Switzerland and some others maybe) but maybe later I can visit Playa del Carmen, now the flight is cheaper.

Anyway enjoy you're stay you are in one of the universe's paradises
8th June 2006 09:59 PM
Mr Jimmy WOW!!!

Muchas gracias for the quick reply. Have a great time. But I hope to, one day, meet you in Playa.
8th June 2006 10:06 PM
tookthatname hey Mr. Jimmy,

welcome to Mexico. I Know you don't know me but I'm Jimi from Tijuana. Beautiful country isn't it.
8th June 2006 10:08 PM
glencar Mr. Jimmy, are you living down there now? I've been to Cancun but I heard Playa Del Carmen was much better.

PS I like your mention of Sway.
8th June 2006 10:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
tookthatname wrote:
hey Mr. Jimmy,

welcome to Mexico. I Know you don't know me but I'm Jimi from Tijuana. Beautiful country isn't it.

Jimi and Tijuana! Wow what a combination I love that city because it rocks, the place who was the origin of Carlos Santana rocking (he's from Jalisco you know)

This is for you buddy, Tijuana in the late 60s!

8th June 2006 11:20 PM
tookthatname thanks Voodoo,

only question what was it? hahaha. I'm still learning spanish.

I'm actually from Cleveland, Ohio. Spent a few years traveling, ended up here in Tijuana and fell in love with the country, city and mainly the people. absolutely beautiful people. Been here 4 years and I don't plan on leaving.

Jimi AKA tookthatname
8th June 2006 11:21 PM
glencar I can't believe you left Cleveland for Mexico!
8th June 2006 11:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't believe you left Cleveland for Mexico!

FYGWY?

It's easy... watch this video

8th June 2006 11:29 PM
tookthatname
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't believe you left Cleveland for Mexico!

I left Cleveland to leave Cleveland. about 7-8 years later, I left San Diego for Mexico. I was on the road backpacking for a while there. Anyway Tijuana and Cleveland are both similar, blue collar towns.
[Edited by tookthatname]
8th June 2006 11:32 PM
glencar I used to live in Lorain/Amherst. Garden spots.
8th June 2006 11:36 PM
tookthatname
quote:
glencar wrote:
I used to live in Lorain/Amherst. Garden spots.

yeah I grew up in madison (border of lake and ashtabula county) but always hung around he near west side. 65th and Lorain Ave. area
8th June 2006 11:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
tookthatname wrote:
thanks Voodoo,

only question what was it? hahaha. I'm still learning spanish.

I'm actually from Cleveland, Ohio. Spent a few years traveling, ended up here in Tijuana and fell in love with the country, city and mainly the people. absolutely beautiful people. Been here 4 years and I don't plan on leaving.

Jimi AKA tookthatname

The video is a band from Tijuana in 1966-67, during those days people like Carlos Santana, Fito de la Parra, Javier Bátiz and many more use to play club gigs there, later they all mixed with Californian bands, specially from Frisco, even members of the Dead jammed with them, they played Tijuana, Mexicali and Ensenada. Censored by the radio because of the lyrics and drug references in all songs they always were banned from the media but survived

We made a "Mexican Woodstock" later in 1971 and this band was a guest but couldn't arrive on time and we missed them

8th June 2006 11:43 PM
tookthatname do you know of ant torrent sites that handle rock en espanol? or just any good sites? especially if it's in english, or mixed. there are a few bands I love, mana is great.
9th June 2006 09:37 AM
GotToRollMe Hiya, Jimi!
9th June 2006 10:35 PM
MrPleasant Hey Voodoo!!

9th June 2006 11:52 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mr. Jimmy, are you living down there now? I've been to Cancun but I heard Playa Del Carmen was much better.

PS I like your mention of Sway.

Not living here permanently... YET. Toronto is still my official city of residence. I´m just in the process of selling my house on the Costa Maya (way south of here near Belize border) and strongly considering opening a cafe here in Playa Del Carmen. If so, I´ll move here in the fall (?) and the first act of decoration will be a rather rhythmic portrait of Keith.

Fine for those who like Cancun but I´m in the other camp... Playa is the antithesis of Cancun... more European in feel... hipper?... slimmer... uhhh, sexier... I think you get the idea. Building height maximum of four floors therefore no mega hotels like Cancun. People here like to walk, stroll, or stumble rather than loading into minivans and driving to the walmarts and home depots of Cancun. You really should check Playa out. Personally, I love it here in the summer more so than the winter. Too many Canadians and Americans avoid Mexico in the summer which I think is a mistake. Summer is great in Playa.

And a big Hola to you Jimmi in Tijuana.

Sitting here in an internet cafe checking out the NHC forecast and it looks like a low pressure system is developing south of here and it´s supposed t develop into the first tropical storm, perhaps hurricane, of the 2006 season and clip the Yucatan sometime tomorrow or Sunday. Wish me luck!!!
12th June 2006 11:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Hey Voodoo!!

There's worse things related with the Monkees and my fav musicians

That was Zappa, this is Jimi (who was the opening act for those clowns... you know I hate them and why) pathetic, I can't believe it, what a bill!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)