ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Brown Sugar sessions" article link Return to archive
06-13-03 07:53 PM
mac_daddy don't know if you have seen this yet, but a great writeup of the "Brown Sugar sessions" is here...
06-13-03 07:55 PM
mac_daddy actually, it is originally from here, the above link will take you to the related post at IORR
06-13-03 08:00 PM
mac_daddy btw - I subscribe to Tape Op, so I will be sure to get the full article up when it arrives in the mail...
06-13-03 08:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Mac_Daddy! Just one comment, that image comes from the mixing/cut of Wild Horses

06-13-03 08:40 PM
throbby Thanks mac_daddy! A nice read.
06-14-03 01:51 AM
ianbillen
Wow,
Really down to earth stuff. Great to get the inside scoop there. There are so many stories about Brown sugar, it's lyrics, the recording and everything eles. It is very good to see something legit and so down to earth....even the technical stuff doesn't overshadow things.
Thanks for a really good, realistic piece.
It is appreciatted. Do you have any more
stuff on the Stones and their recordings and what made them so great? I find it very interesting.
Ian
06-14-03 03:26 AM
beer i seriously doubt that Keith played a black SG on the studio version of Brown Sugar.

I always wished that these sessions were filmed for the Gimme Shelter movie. the movie only shows them listening to the playbacks.

cool link though, thanx
[Edited by beer]
06-14-03 05:46 PM
gotdablouse yup, it seems that in this point in time we've pretty much seen it all except a video of a recording session (not counting SFTDevil). I'll take the Paris 2002 sessions BTW ;-)
06-14-03 06:45 PM
Soul Survivor Interesting read...

And beer, good point. Metallica's new album comes with two discs....One the actual CD, and the second disc is a DVD with the full recording sessions on them. Too bad it had to be Metallica...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003