ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ron wood guest appearance with led zeppelin? Return to archive
06-13-03 06:26 PM
gringo300 i've heard that ron wood made a guest appearance with led zeppelin. does anyone have any info on this?

i know that jimmy page made a guest appearance with the rolling stones.
06-13-03 07:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Woody was a guest at Nassau Caliseum in 1975, he played communication breakdown
06-13-03 07:30 PM
Gazza >i know that jimmy page made a guest appearance with the rolling stones.

you sure? when was that? cant say Ive ever heard of it! he plays on the studio recording of "one Hit to the body" and AFAIK some of the "metamorphosis" 60s demos (which werent strictly speaking Stones recordings) but I cant say Ive ever heard of a live guest appearance
06-13-03 08:51 PM
gringo300 i was referring to the studio appearance of jimmy page with the rolling stones.
06-13-03 08:58 PM
steel driving hammer I think Rod Stewart & The Faces should be on the bill w/ the Stones.

Ronnie can play both sets.
06-13-03 09:10 PM
gringo300 i've heard that ron wood was in a band called the birds (not to be confused with the byrds).

06-14-03 03:22 AM
beer side one of "metamorphosis" is shite. didn't Page do some solo on that?

i do dig side two though.
06-14-03 02:49 PM
Gazza >i've heard that ron wood was in a band called the birds

he was.

(not to be confused with the byrds).

it was confused with The byrds,thats the problem. Woodys group actually came first and even though they were hardly known,I think the US group had to change their name!
06-14-03 05:34 PM
gotdablouse I wonder if Ronnie was paying back a favor after Jimmy Page took off with his wife ;-)

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003