ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger slams Justin Return to archive
06-13-03 11:22 AM
Sue Jagger slams Justin

Rolling Stones legend Mick Jagger has slammed pop star Justin Timberlake and said that he prefers British pop rocker Robbie Williams.

Jagger, 60, said: "I've watched Justin, but every single move he does is stolen."

"I like Robbie Williams more - at least he's original."

"Image is everything in this game," the wrinkly rocker added.

Sir Mick is currently on his Forty Licks tour with the Stones, and claimed that his band still have what it takes:

"You have to perform good shows, look good and have good songs, no matter how old you are. And we do all that."

Justin will have the chance to prove Jagger worng when he hits the road with his own tour.

The former N'Sync singer is hooking up with his old Mickey Mouse Club pal Christina Aguilera for a joint tour of the US.

The highly anticipated string of gigs, called Justified and Stripped will see the pair performing their hits throughout America over the summer.

06-13-03 12:18 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems This reminds me of the little known occasion that Justin called Keith some bad name, and Keith slammed his face with his Gimme Shelter Gibson. There was blood everywhere. Im surprised this isnt brought up more often.
06-13-03 12:43 PM
steel driving hammer And in other news...

AP

LONDON - The drug-abusing nephew of Rolling Stone Mick Jagger was given a one-year jail sentence for burglary Friday.

The rock star, who was not in court, said afterward he would stand by 24-year-old John Jagger, but added that he feared jail would hamper the younger man's attempts to kick his drug habit.

"John has been very courageous in facing up to his personal problems and this is a real setback to his recovery," Jagger said in a statement.

"The whole family will continue to be very supportive towards him."

Prosecutors said at Wood Green Crown Court in east London that the privately educated former window cleaner broke into the north London home of lawyer Rachel Cooper and stole three credit cards, a mobile phone, keys, eyeglasses, some personal correspondence and a briefcase. He later spent 60 pounds (US$100) at a nearby pub using one of the credit cards.

Senior court official Judith Parker rejected a plea by John Jagger's lawyer that he be spared jail in order to complete a drug treatment program.

"This was a residential burglary where the victim was in the house at night. This elevates it to a high level of seriousness," Parker told him.

"It must have been terrifying for this householder to discover what had happened and worry about what might have happened if she had come face to face with you."

Jagger's lawyer, Christopher Bott, said despite his comfortable upbringing, his client had not done well at school and had drifted from one job to another, working variously as a barman, a waiter and a window cleaner.

"But by the age of 20, he had slipped into a cycle of drug-related crime," Bott said. "He was living in houses exclusively occupied by drug users; at others times he was sleeping rough."

He said his client is "desperately anxious he should break this cycle of addiction and offending."
06-13-03 01:05 PM
Factory Girl My favorite popster is Jules C. Can we say "Yummy"???

Btw- I just bought a Justin Timberlake Bobble-Head. It was marked down to $1...rotfl. I'm giving it as a joke gift.
06-13-03 01:18 PM
Monkey Woman John Jagger? Is he Chris's son? Or a more distant nephew?
06-13-03 01:20 PM
steel driving hammer Dunno but I would guess a distant nephew?

SETLIST IN 3 HOURS!!!
06-13-03 01:56 PM
sirmoonie What the hell is a distant nephew? You either are a nephew or you aren't, no?
06-13-03 02:09 PM
Factory Girl LOL, sirmoonie! Are you my distant nephew???
06-13-03 02:10 PM
steel driving hammer We're all brothers and sisters!

So saying that, everyone has a little hammer in them! LOL!
06-13-03 02:12 PM
Factory Girl If I had a hammer....

You mean-Peter Paul and Mary have a little hammer...lol
06-13-03 02:16 PM
jb I think it's embarrassing for Mick to even comment on the likes of Justin T. He is a non-talented creation of the boy wonder man in Orlando .
06-13-03 02:20 PM
Factory Girl jb, I just bought a Justin T. Bobblehead for a $1!!! I dare say his career is kaput!
06-13-03 02:21 PM
jb Except for MTV and VH1 which keep shoveling this crap down our throats...and it hurts!!!
06-13-03 02:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
LOL, sirmoonie! Are you my distant nephew???

We're kissing cousins!
06-13-03 02:30 PM
Factory Girl KISS KISS sirmoonie!
Now, I'll play with my Justin Bobblehead....lol
06-13-03 03:14 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
We're all brothers and sisters!

So saying that, everyone has a little hammer in them! LOL!

I suspect SS has a lot of hammer in him!
06-13-03 06:57 PM
gypsy Did anyone see that episode of Punk'D where Justin was crying like a little bitch? I don't think Mick would break down like that. No.

Dande, you know SS'll be so steamed after he reads that.
06-13-03 07:27 PM
Beastie Bry I'm not sure why Mick Jagger is even talking about either of these two guys. Why are these damn reporters asking these questions? Don't they have better questions to ask, like "What is a possible release date of the STones next studio album?", instead of "What do you think about Justin Timberlake's dance moves?"

Justin is an 80's Michael Jackson wanna-be (a rich Michael Jackson wanna-be) and Robbie Williams is.......well, I don't know much about him.
06-13-03 07:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy, it's so fucking stupid, I'm not even gonna bother...
06-13-03 08:34 PM
Mr T I think Mick should stop concerning himself with pop music so much - he might discover some better recent artists than Lenny Kravitz
06-14-03 06:55 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Dande, you know SS'll be so steamed after he reads that.

Nah. He'll be steamed and pretend not to be...
06-14-03 10:50 AM
Sir Stonesalot Wrong.

You can insinuate whatever you want. What you are suggesting is retarded. I have no further comment because it doesn't require any.

I'm not "steamed", because I don't care, even a little, what you say about me.
06-14-03 05:34 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Nah. He'll be steamed and pretend not to be...

Dandelion, you nailed it!

'Do not oxydise'

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003