ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fender Relic Fans Return to archive
06-12-03 10:29 PM
FTELE52 Here is a link to a really cool guy who builds Fender repro guitars to your liking...check out the relic page and scroll down to the Keef model..that's my most recent addition.

http://www.nashguitars.com
06-12-03 10:51 PM
tDice pimp very cool man, do youw own a lot of guitars??? Hope I could do that, allthough I am extremely happy with my 72 custom Telecaster.
06-12-03 11:05 PM
FTELE52 I'm down to a short list now but I'm always tempted...The Keef tele has a Gibson PAF reissue in the neck and a Fralin Blues Special in the bridge...a nice combination. I also had him put a compound radius fretboard on there.
06-12-03 11:12 PM
tDice pimp you're lucky, congratulations. It must sound orgasmic man, I really don't know much about guitars besides playing them all day, but it sound like a mix between a fender and a gibson or am I completely lost??
06-13-03 04:30 AM
Mathijs That Keith Tele looks the part! But, it is not quite perfect to me. if you want to look and sound like keith you need to replace the entire bridge and instal a 5-saddle Schaller replacement unit without the upright ridge. Also, The Fralin's are far to rough sounding for Keith-style rythm playing, I would install the Seymour Duncan's "Vintage for Broadcaster"....

Mathijs
06-13-03 05:25 AM
beer mathijs, can you post the link to your bands website again, thanx.
06-13-03 07:35 AM
Mathijs www.fliptheswitch.nl

See: http://members.chello.nl/e.zevenbergen/veghel.html

First pic: Duijf-the-lead singer
Second pic: me with beat up Tele
Third pic: Erik with Tele Custom

Mathijs

06-13-03 03:21 PM
FTELE52 Hey Mathijs,

I agree on the bridge but I've been using the brass compensated saddles as I keep it strung with 6 strings as I play the tele in standard on a few numbers.

The Fralins do have more bite but I'm the only guitar player in the band so I need to swing between rhythm and lead. I put a capacitor on the volume knob so I can cut back on the volume and bite. Thanks for the suggestions!
06-13-03 04:23 PM
Cardinal Fang On my 5 string Tele I am using a Gibson mini humbucker off of a 75 Les Paul in the neck and I am using a Van Zandt true vintage model in the bridge that W.L. Van Zandt HIMSELF wound for me about a year before he died. (I had a guy offer me 200 dollars about a year ago just for that one pickup. I laughed and said NO) They are made in Texas. His nephew is doing it now.

Here's the Van Zandt Pickup website address: http://www.vanzandtpu.com

I have nothing against Seymour Duncan's pickups. I have a few sets of those too. One set wound by Seymour himself. He's an old friend. I've been to his factory and to his house. With that all said, I still prefer the Van Zandt's.

I agree with Mathijs about going with the Schaller's. I HAD to go with them because I was breaking too many fucking strings with the stock bridge set up.

Thank's FTELE52 for the link to Nashguitars too !!

Later, Cardinal Fang

P.S. The dreaded "how many" question !! I think at last count I had 17 or 18 guitars and about 9 or 10 amps. My goal for next year is to get the guitars down to around "11" or 12 and the amps down to 7 or 8. Nobody understands what a hassle it is to store all of this stuff !! (unless they own as many or don't have that problem because they live in a mansion or something)
[Edited by Cardinal Fang]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003