ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Overkill!!! Return to archive
06-12-03 04:10 PM
Soul Survivor Ok, I am just getting plain SICK of Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven". It's overplayed way toooooo much. IT's an ok song, but i DO NOT need to here it every single day. What rock songs do you think are overplayed?
06-12-03 04:49 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Satisfaction

Angiegirl
06-12-03 04:51 PM
jb "Stairway to Heaven" is perhaps, next to Macca's "Yesterday," the most overrated piece of crap ever recorded.
06-12-03 05:11 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hotel California, Bohemian Rhapsody, Child in time, all the 'greatest hits' probably.
06-12-03 05:14 PM
Moonisup angie?
06-12-03 05:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat yes?

Angiegirl
06-12-03 05:40 PM
quackenbush Satisfaction
Miss You
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Honkey Tonk Woman
Brown Sugar
06-12-03 05:42 PM
Moonisup they must stop playing turd on the run

it haunts me
06-12-03 10:17 PM
Soul Survivor lol
06-12-03 10:37 PM
tDice pimp -Under Pressure by Bowie and Mercury, It's a favorite on movie trailers, really overused.
-Anything from Guns and Roses (I don't think I have to explain why)
-Imagine by Lennon, great tune, but now it's just another lame piano song, terribly overplayed.
-Almost every track from The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd . . .WE DON'T NEED NO EDUCATION . . .great childhood memories, but now it sounds like a really lame tv commercial tune.
-Hotel California, always hated it.
-Lust for Like by Iggy Pop, still a great tune though.
06-13-03 11:31 AM
egon you are all naming rock songs!

the only thing that is REALLY overplayed is anything by
justin timberlake, britney spears, jennifer lopez, 50 cents, eminem, Christina Aguilera, avril lavinge...

need i go on...? didn't think so.

so stop whining! :-)))
06-13-03 02:49 PM
Factory Girl I have never heard Lust for Life played on any radio station. Come to think of it, I've never heard any Iggy tune played on the radio.
06-13-03 03:13 PM
purrcafe Getting sick of it?? Everyone I know has been sick of it for about the last 15 years! I'm pretty much sick without exception of everything that is played on "classic" rock stations. Too bad, since they leave so much great material totally untouched. Has anyone EVER heard anything from the first Pink Floyd album on the radio?
06-13-03 06:42 PM
Beastie Bry
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I have never heard Lust for Life played on any radio station. Come to think of it, I've never heard any Iggy tune played on the radio.

And I've never heard anything post "Start Me Up" on the radio for the Stones, either. There is no station for their latest music. They aren't hard rock, they can't be put on classic rock stations, and forget about those top 40 type stations.

Who is gonna play their next single?!?!?

Oh yeah, most overplayed songs are songs I hear at the gym all of the time when the hip-hop station is on. Some "In Da Club" song and that Sean Paul guy........blah

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003