ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: wonderful guitars Return to archive
06-12-03 06:02 AM
partner in crime hello everybody.
I dunno if you're into guitars but I would like to know what do you think about the wonderful ones they've showed during these first european gigs.
hey mathijs, are you out there? I've read yr review of munich olympiahalle but i hadn't noticed any infos about these axes. what do you think?
ciao
marco

gonna rock holland !!!
06-12-03 08:31 AM
Mathijs From top of my head in the Olympia Halle:

Keith:

Three different early 1953/1954 Fender Telecasters for open G hot Rocks section and CYHMK. Late 1967 sunburst Fender Telecaster for Street Fighting Man, Don't Stop and Honky Tonky. Anderson Hollow T for Monkey Man, Gibson Les Paul TV for Midnight Rambler, Cherry red 1959 Gibson ES-355 for It's ORR and Slipping Away, Ebony 1960 Gibson ES-355 (with stripped off paint on back of neck) for Live With me, black 19** Gibson ES-355 (this looked like a new Custom Shop to me) for Mannish Boy and Neighbours. Martin 00-28 for Love in Vain.

Ron: On most songs 1954 and 1956 Fender Stratocaster, except: Unknown brand Coral Sitar on SFM and JJF, Duesenberg Ronnie Wood model on Midnight Rambler, Gibson 1965 Firebird V for Live With Me, ESP Telecaster with B-bender on Honky Tonky and Before They Make Me Run. Fender Lap Steel for Love in Vain, Zemaitis Disc on Monkey Man.

Jagger: new custom shop Fender 1952 Telecaster on Don't Stop.

Mathijs
06-12-03 09:06 AM
partner in crime thanks Mathijs,
it's always a pleasure to read yr answer.
I guess RW plays SFM and JJF with an old Danelectro as shown on the peghead and you forgot the Dan Armstrong Lucite for Mannish Boy (in s.siro too).
Lot of work to do to update yr web-site ...
Ciao
Marco
06-12-03 09:39 AM
Mathijs You're correct, I forgot the Armstrong. I noticed it was a NEW model, with clean neck and a new adjustable bridge (instead of the old unadjustable bridge).

also forgot: Blondie playes a Martin 00-28 too, and a new Gibson Les Paul Gold Top.

Mathijs

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003