ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UK FANS - see The Rolling Stones LIVE in Paris! Return to archive
06-12-03 04:16 AM
RollingStones2003 See The Rolling Stones live in Paris for only �149, that includes ticket, travel and accommodation!

For more information please see www.gold-crest.com

Thanks for reading.

06-12-03 03:34 PM
Gazza Decent value offer by the look of it!

Compare that to the rip offs from the official site and Event Travel etc
06-12-03 03:45 PM
jb How are the London shows selling? I know the original "sold-out" claims were misinformation to generate excitement. Can we expect more 2/3 filled Stadiums?
06-12-03 04:15 PM
Gazza >How are the London shows selling?

why not check ticketmaster and find out for yourself by looking to get a ticket?

>I know the original "sold-out" claims were misinformation to generate excitement.

do you? if so,you seem to know more than everyone else,Josh! how does announcing a show as "sold out" when it isnt "generate excitement". It has the opposite effect - it means people wont bother trying to get tickets as they think there are none. How would a promoter be expected to sell tickets by announcing there are none left?

> Can we expect more 2/3 filled Stadiums?

"more" ?? theres only two stadium shows in Britain. The first one is sold out and I think the 2nd Twickenham show is more or less sold out. The arena shows announced so far sold great (Wembley 29/8 sold out in a couple of minutes and both nights in Dublin took about five minutes combined) and I'm sure by the time the gigs come around will all be sold out. Britain and Ireland always has a tradition of late ticket buying. Strikes me that ever since this tour's started its obviously pissed you off in a perverse way that theyve actually sold so many tickets in the British Isles where you've claimed for years that theyre hated so much (not counting the one on sale today , theyve sold 180,000 tickets so far despite the fact theyre on average triple the price of their last UK tour four years ago and its a competitive summer for concerts).

Translate those figures by population and thats like selling 900,000 tickets in your country. Impressive by any standards. We still love the greedy old bastards,it seems. Live with it,me old chum
06-12-03 04:38 PM
jb Thank you for the update Gazza....I am pleasently surprised by your report. I have been in great distress ever since Macca won Poll-Stars tour of the year ....I will never forgive Cohl for the lack of planning on this tour or their record company for releasing 40 Licks the same week as Elvis...I mean Led Zeppelin gets another #1 with only 150k sold last week, and the boys sell 350k the first week and finish behind the fried bannanas and peanut butter sandwhich guy!!! Poor planning as usual by the Stones PR...the ticket sales, in all candor, were medicre here in the states...average arena attendance was arounf 15k, when traditionally 18-20 could be seated..Why do you think Cohl never, for the first time , reported attendance figures/gross to Billboard magazine?! Also, letting Macca get away with his constant put downs and taunts of the boys has caused me great heartache......
06-12-03 04:40 PM
parmeda jb...watch your ulcer, hon
06-12-03 04:45 PM
Moonisup in holland 2 % of the population saw the stones in 1998,

wich country can say that?
06-12-03 05:11 PM
Gazza Luxembourg can, in 1995. I think the show there had an audience which matched something like 15% of the population

The Republic of Ireland has a population of 3.5 million. 80,000 saw the Stones concert there in 1982 (and being an island there wouldnt have been the same influx from other countries as youd get for a show in mainland Europe). thats over 2% for sure. even if you take in the population of all of Ireland (as about 12,000 tickets were sold in Northern Ireland for that show) which is 5 million, 80,000 for a show in an island in western europe aint bad

Josh - your defence of the Stones against all comers is akin to a form of patriotism and jingoism that even Rambo would baulk at. They should reward it with a distinguished service medal.
[Edited by Gazza]
06-12-03 05:13 PM
Moonisup that was one show!!

since 1982, holland has providing good audiences for the stones, not only dutch come here, many nationalities, and those foreigners that come are great fans wich give the shows better audiences!!

06-12-03 05:15 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Luxembourg can, in 1995. I think the show there had an audience which matched something like 15% of the population

Yeh, but most people there were from Holland, Begium, France and Germany...

Love, Angiegirl
06-12-03 05:18 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
since 1982, holland has providing good audiences for the stones, not only dutch come here, many nationalities, and those foreigners that come are great fans wich give the shows better audiences!!

That's the case for most European shows Rik...look at most Germany shows, Wembley Stadium '99, Milan just past week, etc etc etc...

Angiegirl again
06-12-03 05:22 PM
Gazza yeah but no doubt had Luxembourg and Ireland had populations the same size as Holland's theyd have added extra shows - thats my point.

of course Luxembourg and Holland (and many other countries) are going to attract fans from neighbouring countries (mostly Germany), but that means the 2% of the population figure isnt accurate as a sizeable proportion would be tourists.

I'm not undermining the Dutch fans,dont get me wrong - for me its THE best and most loyal Stones audience - but I still think the Irish show in '82 would have attracted a higher proportion of the population as it would have had less tourists. There might even be other countries that beat that - New Zealand in '95 perhaps?
06-12-03 05:25 PM
Gazza >Yeh, but most people there were from Holland, Begium, France and Germany...
Love, Angiegirl

I know..lol...I just thought I'd have a bit of fun with Rik

06-12-03 05:25 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

That's the case for most European shows Rik...look at most Germany shows, Wembley Stadium '99, Milan just past week, etc etc etc...

Angiegirl again

yeah true

but why so many shows in holland look at belgium?? that would make 1 show for us then too

i don't understand it!
angie = mark
mark = angie??

[Edited by Moonisup]
06-12-03 05:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Sure Gazza, I got your point and you're right of course, I was just joking around. That thing about Dutch fans is bullocks, I mean, it's no competition, wherever there's a great show, there's a great show right? Heard some pretty amazing stories about other countries as well, and the MSG '98 shows I've been to myself they had a great atmospere...

O well...

Angiegirl
06-12-03 05:29 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Yeh, but most people there were from Holland, Begium, France and Germany...
Love, Angiegirl

I know..lol...I just thought I'd have a bit of fun with Rik

hahaha it's ok haha

i do cry know,

everybody looks at me as if I am just a kid of 20 years old
06-12-03 05:31 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
i don't understand it!
angie = mark
mark = angie??

Yeh, hadn't you noticed? LOL!
I'm already at Mark's as we are driving to Oberhausen 2morrow morning, but you probably got that...whahaha!
06-12-03 05:40 PM
Moonisup i am to young to understand these things!!

hey well have fun tommorrow, make friends with the security, and you'll get good photos!

I showed my belly to them and well you saw the result!
06-12-03 10:03 PM
MarthaMyDear STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!! CRACKING-UP!!! lol.......................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003