ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: budokan download offer Return to archive
06-09-03 12:28 PM
mac_daddy in light of the show the band played last night, I figured I would torrent a gig
that, until yesterday, had been considered the best show of the tour -
Budokan...

this is a great sounding recording of a fantastic show!

please leave your clients open after your download finishes so we can really
spread this one around...

if you have bit torrent installed, simply open this *.torrent file (offer expired) to start the download...

-macdaddy

_____

+++++ Sweet Things That You Promised (Sylph Records) +++++

Rolling Stones: live @ Budokan Arena (Tokyo, Japan)

March 10, 2003

d1t01 - crowd noise -
d1t02 Jumpin' Jack Flash
d1t03 You Got Me Rocking
d1t04 Live With Me
d1t05 Let It Bleed
d1t06 No Expectations
d1t07 Rocks Off
d1t08 Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
d1t09 Worried About You
d1t10 Midnight Rambler
d2t01 - band intros -
d2t02 Slipping Away
d2t03 Before They Make Me Run
d2t04 Start Me Up
d2t05 It's Only Rock 'n Roll
d2t06 Rock Me Baby
d2t07 Can't You Hear Me Knocking
d2t08 Honky Tonk Women
d2t09 Tumbling Dice
d2t10 Brown Sugar
d2t11 Satisfaction

the band:
Mick Jagger (vocals, harmonica, guitar, percussion)
Keith Richards (guitars, vocals)
Charlie Watts (drums)
Ron Wood (guitars, pedal/lap steel)

with:
Bobby Keys (tenor saxophone)
Chuck Leavell (keyboards)
Darryl Jones (bass, backing vocals)
Lisa Fischer (backing vocals, percussion)
Bernard Fowler (backing vocals, percussion)
Blondie Chaplin (backing vocals, guitar, percussion)

and the New West Horns:
Tim Rees (saxophone, keyboards)
Michael Davies (trombone)
Kent Smith (trumpet)

Silver CD > EAC > CD-R > EAC > CD-R > EAC (*.log) > FLAC

offer closed.
[Edited by mac_daddy]
06-09-03 06:44 PM
mac_daddy To download, you will need to install a Bit Torrent download manager ("client" - open source, no spyware) before you can get the tunes. I use this one because it allows me to allocate bandwidth:

You will download an *.exe file - run it (double-click) and install the client; a window will pop up telling you that you have successfully done so.

Then open (double-click) the *.torrent file I posted above...

Select a place on your computer to save the files; this set is 829.09 megabytes in size, so make sure you have enough room BEFORE selecting the location. After selecting the save location, you will connect to the "torrent swarm" and start downloading...

Bit Torrent is a distributed bandwidth system (a grapic of which is here), therefore you are sharing the music as you download. When your download finishes, you become a seed, able to still share the show with others. The more people sharing, the faster the speeds are for everybody...

You may allocate your bandwidth using the client's pulldown menu and the sliders. Set the pulldown menu to your connection type and finely adjust the settings using your sliders. As a general rule, you want to set your upload rate to 5KBps less than the upload cap imposed by your ip provider...

The files you download will be FLACs; let me know if you need help with that format...

Please contact me off-list with any additional questions or concerns...

One Love.
06-10-03 06:07 AM
bspring1 Hi,

Can you tell me how I can concvert flac to wave because when I'm using flac fortrend it indicate some errors.

Thanks

Fred
06-10-03 08:21 AM
mac_daddy nobody has finished their download yet - you are unable to decode the files because the files are incomplete. Bit Torrent puts dummy files (filled with zeros) at the beginning to allocate the disk space, but you have download the information - in this case, close to a gigabyte - and then decode...

You need to reopen the *.torrent file, and select the SAME place on you harddrive to save the files. The client will check your existing files, and then resume the download, pulling only the data you need...

btm, if you join now - you will get very fast speeds, and probably finish the complete download in a matter of hours...

Please keep your clients open after your download completes so that you are sharing with the other "peers" who are still downloading
06-10-03 09:42 PM
chris girard How long does it take to download? I'm going to give it a try tomorrow nite.

Chris
06-11-03 12:45 AM
mac_daddy The files are in the FLAC format - it is a lossless compression (like SHN). It is the future standard in the lossless trading community. It is also better compression - which results in smaller file sizes (which results in faster downloads)...

FLAC is as easy to use as SHN (if not easier):

If you use Windows, download the windows installer:
http://mikewren.com/flac/

It is an *.exe file - run it (double-click) and select the options you wish to install (the default install settings work fine). If you have winamp (version 2 or 3) on your computer, the FLAC installer will setup the necessary winamp plugins, too...

A tutorial on how to use the FLAC frontend (the equivalent to MKWact) is here:
http://mikewren.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=12

general info about FLAC is available at the etree wiki:
http://wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=FLAC

for reference, the project homepage is here:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/
06-11-03 02:47 AM
bspring1 Thank you very much.
For me it's downloaded now. Is it still possible to download brussel affair?

Thanks again

Fred
06-11-03 08:31 AM
mac_daddy good - I am glad your d/l worked well...

this one is flying right now, so if you are considering doing this, now would be a good time to try...

the Brussels Affair offer is closed (Budokan took it's place). I offer one a week (thereabouts). However, if I dig up an extra copy of it, would you like it in audio or FLAC?
06-12-03 02:34 AM
bspring1 For me flac or audio it's the same, if it's flac I will convert into wave and if it's audio it's OK.
Thank you

Best regards

Fred
06-12-03 11:33 PM
chris girard I downloaded it last nite and listened to most of it tonite, Thank you, thank you, thank you--Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Midnite Rambler---- It doesn't get much better than that.. Everything worked perfectly.

Thanks

Chris
06-14-03 07:54 AM
mac_daddy I am glad it worked out for you, Chris. It worked for and 50 others, as well - I wonder how many are from here...

Thanks again to Gazza and MarthaMyDear for hooking me up via the tree...

this offer is now closed.
06-14-03 09:41 AM
Yapyap I have to add my thanks too... Bit Torrent was a new thing for me so I wasn't sure how it would work out but it worked beautifully, and fast too!

Again, thanks a lot. Great show, too!
06-14-03 10:44 AM
justforyou Really appreciate this, thanks so much for sharing this show!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003