ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones and P Diddy song? Return to archive
06-07-03 04:55 PM
Seraph Are the rolling stones working with p diddy on a new song for a movie about the blues?
06-07-03 04:58 PM
Factory Girl YIKES!! That is all I will say.
06-07-03 05:49 PM
FM I thought Puffy's reworking of Kashmir for the Godzilla movie was excellent.

Think he's crap generally, but also like that Police song he re-did. If he is to work with the Stones, hope the results are as good.

Fraser

"Just love those laser guided bombs
They're really great for righting wrongs
You hit the target and win the game
From bars 3,000 miles away"
06-07-03 11:05 PM
JaggaRichards What Police song did Puffy diddyfy?
06-07-03 11:42 PM
gypsy "Roxanne?"
I have no idea which song he slaughtered, as I try to avoid any and every thing which has been diddyfied.
06-08-03 12:26 AM
Beastie Bry He took "Every Breath You Take" and crapped on it.

[Edited by Beastie Bry]
06-08-03 04:48 AM
F505 Who on earth is P.Diddy????
06-08-03 06:41 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Beastie Bry wrote:
He took "Every Breath You Take" and crapped on it.

it was crap to start with

sting is crap
06-08-03 09:10 AM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Beastie Bry wrote:
He took "Every Breath You Take" and crapped on it.

[Edited by Beastie Bry]

Not the Every Breath You Take/Peter Gunn mix that was on The Sopranos????
That was actually good.
06-08-03 03:50 PM
luxury1 Oh--Puffy turned it into an ode to his friend, Big Fatso, who died an ugly thug death.
06-08-03 05:18 PM
Seraph Yes, it will be like the song he did with led zeppelin. Why don't you guys like P Diddy? Music is music, don't be jerks.
06-08-03 05:28 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Just because it is labeled as music doesn't make all of it good. There is plenty of crap out there that they call music , but I wouldn't let my dog listen to.
06-08-03 06:38 PM
gypsy hey, seraph...i kinda wish they'd have let p diddy do the song for the latest james bond film instead of madonna...y'know that it would have jammed had p been at the helm.
06-09-03 08:11 AM
Factory Girl I thought Pdiddy was busy working on his latest project-Ben Affleck...rotfl.

The Stones must remain Pdiddy-free. Is nothing sacred anymore???

Kashmir-Led Zep fans do not support doodification of that awesome song.
06-09-03 08:18 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Is nothing sacred anymore???

no - or is that yes - anyway,there is nothing sacred anymore

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
06-09-03 05:46 PM
gypsy Seraph, you seem really cool. If you're ever in the midwest, call me...we could catch the latest Matrix movie or something.
06-10-03 05:56 PM
Seraph You sound pretty cool too. Do you live near an imax theater? If so, it could be fun. It's basically a love story, you know.
06-10-03 08:39 PM
gypsy I feel so dumb, but what in the world is your avatar?
06-10-03 09:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy It looks to be a stylized rendering of the character Seraph from the Matrix. Or it could just be a still from that AniMatrix thing.

It's not a "Love Story". That's the worst excuse for that film I've heard yet. It's got one sex scene and dialogue between Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss that would make George "Attack Of The Clones" Lucas cringe.

Seraph, stop hitting on Gypsy or you'll get served by KeepRigid's Lawyer, possibly using a titinium racket, based on how well the recession has benefited him.

I don't know. I enjoyed his little re-mix of "Kashmir" because he didn't deviate from the original. At all. And one of the few things *wrong* with "Kashmir" was Plant's bullshit lyrics, so he cut down one of the two things that make the song so terrible.

You may be thinking of the Dr. Dre remix of "Miss You" for the Austin Powers movie, Seraph. Which was terrible, because it cut the music and replaced it with a sordid rap beat that doesn't deserve to see the light of day.

All in all, though, I must say, Mr. Diddy is not quite what I'd call music. I'd call him "garbage speaking rhythmically about how much money he has in a song popular for a maximum of two months" nowadays, actually. Like nine out of the ten "rap songs" played on the radio.

Were all these rappers just not "well-endowed", such is the need to rap about how big their cars are and so forth?

-tSYX --- Keeping ahead of the rain on the road, watching my windscreen wipers...
06-10-03 09:23 PM
gypsy I think Seraph may be one of KeepRigidsLawyer's illegitimate sons...just a hunch...
06-10-03 09:34 PM
Beastie Bry Passin' the Couvosier, drivin' Bentleys, gettin' hoes, bling-blingin' the diamond-crusted Gucci watch, and wads of Fity dolla bills in my pocket?

Rap rules, don't it?!?!

Fashizzle dizzle.
06-10-03 10:04 PM
gypsy word
06-11-03 07:30 AM
Factory Girl Per Mr. Greg Allman- Rap is short for crap.

Gypsy-does Keanu Reeves give you the hee-bee-gee-bees???

06-11-03 03:29 PM
gypsy Yes, FG, he does. I think Keanu is really cute...but the dude has NO personality! He needs to spend some time with our buddy Joey.
06-11-03 03:55 PM
Joey " He needs to spend some time with our buddy Joey "

Gyps. .......................... I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly , sweetly , gently stoke your young , sweaty , moist , glistening , quivering gypsy forehead and just say , " Thanks " for being .......well......... you !

Jacky !
06-11-03 03:55 PM
Factory Girl Gypsy, do you think Keanu "plays for the other team"? I heard that somewhere.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...lol
06-11-03 06:49 PM
gypsy I have wondered about that myself, FG. I think he is bisexual.
06-12-03 04:54 PM
Seraph Hey gypsy it's an agent from a short film called 'world's record' from the animatrix. It's about a runner who breaks free of the matrix and finds the real world. Have you got the dvd yet? You should, as it is one of the best dvds I own.
06-12-03 06:49 PM
gypsy Your nerdiness is so appealing.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003