ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadium June 18, 2003
REUTERS/Heinz-Peter Bader

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ---> ENGLAND & UK GET-TOGETHERS (AKA. STONESARCHY IN THE UK!!! :D) <--- Return to archive
06-07-03 01:02 AM
MarthaMyDear ENGLAND & UK GET-TOGETHERS (AKA. STONESARCHY IN THE UK!!! )!!!

HEY, EVERYONE!!! Anyways, I had recently contacted a few people here who I know are going to at least some of the first, four shows coming-up in August in England and I am WAY behind on replying to all of you guys' replies but I'll reply ASAP, ok.?!?!?! I have just been really busy lately, is all, so... Anyways, thank you so much for your nice replies and this thread is for the actual organizing of any get-togethers either for the first, four shows coming-up in August in England (the two Twickenham shows, the Astoria Theatre show, and the first Wembley show) and/or for ALL of the rest of the UK shows, etc., but I'll just leave that up to everyone else if they want to put that in this thread, etc., or in a different thread entirely, etc....

Anyways, I will be going to the shows above but this will be my first time in England so I have NO CLUE where a great place is to hold a get-together, etc., so I guess it could be open for suggestions, etc., and hopefully we can figure-out a day/evening/whatever that will be convenient for as many people as possible, etc., to show-up!!!

Anyways, I guess I'll leave this open for discussion and suggestions, etc., and I know we have SOME time to get this planned (BUT NOT MUCH!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHOO FUCKIN' HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AREEBAH!!! AREEBAH!!! AREEBAH!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is?!?!?!)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is?!?!?!)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is?!?!?!)!!! ), so ANY AND ALL suggestions are welcome and LET'S GET THIS GOING!!! THANK YOU, YOU GUYS, and ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
06-07-03 05:53 AM
F505 Speedy Gonzalez
06-07-03 07:45 PM
MarthaMyDear HI, F505!!! I need to email you back (I am WAY behind on email, etc., and I'm sorry about that!!! )... I wish you were coming to England and it still ain't too late, if you can, etc.!!!

Anyways, Alex, I just sent you a PM and I agree with you that maybe before (or after, etc.) the Wembley show would be a great time for a get-together (?!?!?!)!!! ALRIGHT, YOU GUYS!!! I know that the following are going so let me know!!! HE!!! HE!!! WHEN DO YOU GUYS WANT THE GET-TOGETHER(S)?!?!?! lol........................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P LET'S GET THIS PLANNED-OUT!!! SHEESH!!! lol........................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P WHEN, WHERE, ETC.!!!

Here are the people who are going to the Wembley show, so a suggestion is to have it before and/or after this show, MAYBE (or almost everyone, it looks like, are going to the Twickenham show(s), also, so... I'm going to the first, four shows, so I am flexible on when to meet, etc., but I do like the idea of the Wembley show... But, I'd like to hear what others who are interested in a get-together(s) think)... Anyways, ROLL CALL!!! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?!?!?! lol........................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :

HonkyTonkMan
BillyBoll
littleredrooster
sirmoonie (MIGHT be going to Wembley (?!?!?!))
Gazza
MarthaMyDear

Any women going?!?!?! lol........................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I'd like to meet some of you women out there!!! SHEESH!!! lol........................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, start posting suggestions, if you'd like, and take care, ALL!!! PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

PIP!!! PIP!!! AND, A CHERRIO (WITH A SPOT 'O TEA ON THE SIDE!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol........................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ),
*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-07-03 07:53 PM
MarthaMyDear Isn't moy coming?!?!?! MonkeyWoman?!?!?! COMMON, you guys!!! It will be fun... Take care and I hope you'll be there!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-08-03 04:46 AM
F505 Hiiii MarthaMyDear why don't you come to Holland??? You are in the neighbourhood. I would be honoured to show you around So please baby please!!!
06-08-03 08:13 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Moonisup and I will be at the Astoria and the first Wembley show.
06-08-03 04:32 PM
Gazza I'd be happy to help organise a get together.

I'm sure many of us going to each show could meet up for a while before the gig but hopefully on one of the evenings where there ISNT a concert,we could have a proper get together somewhere.

If so,it would help if we posted exactly what shows we're going to out of the 4 in August. theyre spread over 7 nights so the main problem would be that some folks, for example, might only be in london for the two Twickenham gigs and others for Astoria and Wembley - or maybe just Wembley. Its not a problem to me personally as I'll be in London all week for all four shows but obviously it'll have to suit those coming from further away

Thursday 28th August (ie the night in between Astoria and Wembley) sounds a possible candidate.

I know theres quite a few others who post here who'll be in London that week. Shakedhandswithkeith, Bluzian, Doug, Mathijs, ChrisDiemoz,Zeeta,stewedandkeefed, Moonisup(?) as well as those mentioned above. plenty more,I'm sure.

it'd be great to meet as many of you as possible.
06-08-03 04:47 PM
sirmoonie Are we getting a limo? LOL!

I'll be at Astoria and can't determine yet on other dates. LLRoosie, will get back to you asap, I promise!

Be in and out of London all week and will meet up for pints with anyone, anywhere. I know some good places to sip. Sip pints. Pints o' sipple.
06-08-03 04:54 PM
MarthaMyDear CALM DOWN, F505!!! JESUS!!! lol..................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I'm gonna go to the fire department and hose you down with one of those big hoses they have there on full blast!!! CHRIST!!! lol................................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

ANYWAYS!!! lol................................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P So, here are the people going to the first Wembley show, which seems to be the show that most people who have expressed interest and who are going to England, etc., are going to so far:

HonkyTonkMan
BillyBoll
littleredrooster
sirmoonie (MIGHT be going to Wembley (?!?!?!))
Gazza
MarthaMyDear
Strange_Stray_Cat
Moonisup

SIRMOONIE!!! GET A WEMBLEY TIC.!!! lol................................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P That's alright, though, because some people here are going to one or both of the Twickenham shows and the Astoria show, also, so we can meet you at one or both of those, also!!! But, try to get a tic.!!! lol................................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Anyways, so meeting before and/or after the Wembley show looks great to me!!! I'm still waiting for when and where is convenient for everyone else!!! lol................................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Also, if any lurkers want to go, you can just PM (Private Message) me privately and the people on this board are nice, so you'll have a GREAT time!!! I want to reassure lurkers and anyone interested in going that 'cause it's true!!! I don't drink so if you don't drink, there is someone there who won't be drinking (just probably alot of espresso or diet sodas (caffeine)!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ) and there are people who do so you can either be sober, get drunk, or be somewhere inbetween!!! lol................................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Anyways, any and all suggestions on meeting places and when is open!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-08-03 05:08 PM
MarthaMyDear Ok.... lol............................. I agree with Gazza... lol................................. I think he's better at organizing these things than I am (and plus I don't want to do the work!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )... So, what Gazza says sounds PERFECT to ,me!!!

Anyways, I'll be seeing all of the first, four shows in England so I'll be there for about 8-10 days (can't fricking remember... lol.................................) so that's my itinerary...

The shows I'm going to (for organizing purposes):

Twickenham (both)
Astoria
Wembley

Thanks, Gazza, and ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!! ALSO, WE NEED MORE WOMEN HERE!!! COME OUT!!! lol................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-08-03 05:08 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I know theres quite a few others who post here who'll be in London that week. Shakedhandswithkeith, Bluzian, Doug, Mathijs, ChrisDiemoz,Zeeta,stewedandkeefed, Moonisup(?) as well as those mentioned above. plenty more,I'm sure.

it'd be great to meet as many of you as possible.

Moonisup(?)

yes, i'll be there

with SSC
06-08-03 05:35 PM
MarthaMyDear Why are you being so, fricking quiet, Moonisup??? CRACKING-UP!!! You are funny!!! lol............................... Oi vey, with the Satan's Spawn pic... lol............................... CRACKING-UP!!! lol............................... Anyways, gotta run to work so PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-08-03 05:51 PM
Moonisup
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
Why are you being so, fricking quiet, Moonisup??? *** Martha ***

I am impressed, by what? i don't know....
06-08-03 06:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man Anywhere, anytime, its okay with me!

Im looking forward to having a few with sirmoonie. This time he wont have to persaude the bar-maid to slip some rum into my coke!

In am at both Twikenham shows and the first Wembley Arena show. I am also happy to hang around foe drinks before the Astoria show. I don't have a ticket, but its not not far from the train station and you never know your luck, i may get a ticket. Fat chance!

Alex
06-09-03 04:23 AM
F505 MarthaMyDear ...calm down? Me???? And that from your mouth!!!!??? It surprises me that they haven't named a tornado after you Have a great time in London. Hope the city will survive
[Edited by F505]
06-09-03 05:50 AM
MarthaMyDear OK.!!! Since I don't drink, *** I *** would like to hold this get-together somewhere other than a bar, if that is at all possible... How about a restaurant?!?!?! Is there a restaurant or club (with maybe live music, or something) around where maybe we can eat and get something other than (but including, of course) alcohol (HOPEFULLY espresso drinks)?!?!?! How does that sound?!?!?! Stonesdoug had a fun get-together here in L.A. at the Rainbow Bar And Grill and then a few people walked over to the Whiskey Au Go-Go to see Sticky Fingers (West) and a Pink Floyd cover band play (that, of COURSE, took WAY too fricking long to get off the fricking STAGE!!! UGH!!! lol.................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ... Something like that even with just the bar and grill part sounds EXCELLENT to me, I guess... What does everyone think?!?!?! I think a restaurant with a bar would be EXCELLENT!!! That's my thought and opinion, etc....

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-09-03 06:46 AM
F505 Sorry MarthaMyDear, I will never (?) do it again
What a mercy you don't drink alcohol!!! But nevertheless keep on rocking...
06-09-03 07:26 AM
MarthaMyDear I'm sorry, F505...
I'm not in a very good mood tonight so just ignore me...
lol.................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I am like Ronnie... We can't drink but used to... OH, YES!!!
I was a binger mostly, though, etc.... Anyways, I DO make a mean latte of which I am enjoying at this VERY MINUTE to cheer myself up and I must say, it's doing the trick!!! THANK GOD!!!
lol.................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I bought an inexpensive espresso machine on Amazon.com and it is WELL worth it!!!
I buy whole bean Starbucks espresso that you can get at most grocery stores and make REALLY tall lattes!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I recommend this for ANYONE (alcohol drinkers and non-alcohol drinkers)...
TAKE CARE,DEAR, AND KEEP ROCKIN' YOURSELF!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-09-03 08:45 AM
Monkey Woman Yes, I'll be in London that fateful week

I'm going to both Twick shows plus Astoria and the 1st one in Wembley. Though I'm going to be pretty busy with the Shidoobeean gathering, I would love to see a Rocks Off get-together. Just tell me where and when!

BTW, I have a spare ticket for Wembley, 29th August. Anyone interested, mail me at: [email protected]

Cheers!
06-09-03 08:54 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Yes, I'll be in London that fateful week

i think you are right MW - it will be a fateful week

instead of wishing i was there i'll read all about it here

we may not know things such as these again
06-11-03 09:35 AM
Zeeta Hello all,

depending on my ��� or lack of I will be joining the riot before Twickenham!!

Will be a jam to meet everyone...No alcohol of course just some herbal tea!!!! Whatever!!

06-12-03 12:57 AM
Bluzian Yes! (you are correct again Gazza in Wonderland~) I will be
in London on August 23 flying in from Toronto, and will be
around for that week. (still holding my breath on getting in
on the Astoria gig..............aaahhhh..) but yeah, we'll
have to hook up. How 'bout at that Pig & Whistle pub in Putney
that they had the funeral for Joe Seabrook?? Or is that too
morbid?? hehe how bout the Marquee? Speaking of which, today
I heard that brilliant Long John Baldry tune on Q107, "Don't
Try To Lay No Boogie~Woogie on the King of Rock and Roll~"!!
Wicked tune!!!

Love you all.. keep in touch, and we'll certainly be hooking
up at some "secret rendezvous..." in late August. Count on it!

Cheers,
Ian :-)
06-14-03 02:08 AM
littleredrooster It'll be great to meet the other RO avatars in LONDON this August!

Roostah
06-14-03 02:28 AM
MarthaMyDear OK.!!! lol................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I say that Gazza's idea for Thursday, August 28th, 2003 (the day inbetween the Astoria and Wembley shows), is a GREAT day and if that's not good for anyone else, PLEASE post that, ok.?!?!?! I think we should figure-out a good date for as many people as possible to be able to go to this get-together and I, personally, have ALOT of plans for earlier in the week, etc., that I think might be difficult to get away from, etc., but I just think we should figure this out... lol................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, post what date(s) are good for you, if you'd like, and that's about it!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (But, this get-together and meeting other Rocks Offers is a MAJOR priority!!! lol................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I just want to see what day/evening, is good for everyone else, etc.... ROCK ON!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003