ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

MGM 1999 - B-Stage by Littleredrooster... Thanks again Rooooooooster!!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Bootlegs in pubs Return to archive
06-11-02 11:23 AM
Chico Has there been such an occurence?Brussels affair blasting out the speakers down yer local, with a few mates and pints of lager.Mmmmmmm.I saw a Bowie one at the weekend which led to this question
06-11-02 11:33 AM
patioaintdry May 29, 1998. My post-wedding reception pub gathering at Dick O'Dowd's pub in Birmingham, Michigan, USA. Hampton '81, specifically LNSNT blasting out of the pub onto the sidewalk while I had photos taken w/ my bride. It was terrific. Hampton played thru 2 times in it's entirety.
06-11-02 11:33 AM
jb This has never happend ...the stones are not popular in discos or pubs here in the U.S.A....
06-11-02 11:43 AM
mattb I used to hear the Stones in discos and clubs. Fairly regularly. Especially with the Steel Wheel remixes.
06-11-02 12:03 PM
jb Here in shitty fla, they play urban hip-hop, madonna, and gloria estephan unmercifully...I have not heard a stones song on the radio since 1994....
06-11-02 12:20 PM
winter Here in Beantown,

Whiskey Park, an upscale lounge in the Park Plaza, plays a funked up version of Miss You pretty often. They also have great picks of Mick and Keith, as well as other Rock Stars on the walls (Hendrix, Dylan, etc.) on the walls. The place has bubble walls like Kravitz's house in being Mick.

Also, West Street used to play Fingerprint File (and think Hot Stuff) pretty often.

Other than that, occassionally juke boxes in the pubs have some decent tunes.

Winter
06-11-02 03:55 PM
Nasty Habits Yes indeed - down the street from yore 'umble Nasty's vinyl and aluminum musical emporium, our local "rock and roll, drugs, drinking, pool playing and meat market" type establishment, Broadway's, has a copy of Tropical Disease on their CD jukebox. I remember the first time I heard it well. Was playing pool, and all of a sudden the lurching, shuddering '69 version of Loving Cup starts blasting out. And there were bar regulars singing along! Now there's something you don't hear every day, I thought to myself. The only thing cooler than the fact that patrons of this establishment can dial up "I Don't Know the Reason Why" whenever they're loaded and want the blues was the fact that it was a CD I'd sold to the owner myself!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road