ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep and Stalemate2006!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussie rock is back NSC Return to archive
12th June 2007 08:32 PM
Daethgod check it out
these farkers rock just like homegrown heroes ACDC
Airbourne supported teh Stones on teh Bang show in Melbourne.
Even Mick said props to em on stage.

http://myspace.com/airbournerock

Too Much Too Young Too Fast is new single

Running Wild has been all over the air at K-Rock Australia

check out teh vids on their myspace

oh yer, and play it LOUD !

http://myspace.com/airbournerock

12th June 2007 09:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot Dude...Aussie rock never really left.

I highly suggest that all the non-Aussies here should check out Radio Birdman(on tour in the USA right now!), and The Hoodoo Gurus.

Here's some pics I took of Birdman from last fall.

Oh, and if you do venture out to see Radio Birdman...and I highly highly suggest that you do...be prepared to have your scalp peeled clean off by their vicious Rock n Roll attack. Intense and LOUD.
12th June 2007 09:09 PM
Daethgod heheh
yer the Birdmen rock, and the Hoodoos have always been a fave for Aussies.
Like Wow Wipeout !
12th June 2007 09:16 PM
Sir Stonesalot Tojo never made it...
Tojo never made it to Darwin

And let's not forget one of the all time great lyrics...

I'm a stone age Romeo
I need a space age Juliette

Mars needs guitars!

Hey, you ever hear the Gurus' side project, The Persian Rugs? They have a great video where they are dressed up like cavemen, and girls with big tits jiggle and shake, while the cavemen rock out! It's one of the greatest videos I've ever seen.
12th June 2007 10:46 PM
stonedinaustralia hey SS - cool shots - looked liked quite a low - key kind of venue

what kind of and how large a crowd are they pulling over there - it is quite an achioevement that, having never toured the states in their prime, they have now come out of retirment as it were and 30 years later establish a live rep in the US
12th June 2007 11:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot SIA...wait'll you hear this.

The venue was the basement of a church in Philly.

And services were being held upstairs, while Birdman rocked out!

I crap you negative. Very odd venue!

There were maybe 200-250 people there. From the looks of the venues that they are playing over here, I'd expect that to be an average sized show. At bigger venues they probably pull 100-200 more.

Deniz is a super nice guy. That Epiphone that he plays used to belong to Fred "Sonic" Smith of the MC5.

Yeah Hup!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)