ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep and Stalemate2006!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Travel Inn Party Tonight Return to archive
10th June 2007 10:24 AM
gimmekeef Borrowed this from Stonesdoug: (Read for mention about next year?)

THE INN CROWD
AT THE ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL 2007
ZOE 10/06/2007
THE last time the Rolling Stones threw an after-show party, they were knocking back mojitos and bubbly in the £2,000-a-night Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio.

So you wouldn't expect anything less from Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts when they rock the Isle of Wight festival tonight. Right?

Wrong!

They've instead chosen a £46-a-night Travel Inn for their post-gig knees-up, snubbing the trendier hotels on the island. Their celeb mates, including Kate Moss, Pete Doherty, Sienna Miller, Ronnie's daughter Leah and Amy Winehouse, have all received invitations to make their way to the hotel after the Stones come off stage.

One of the best things about the do is that the lazy celeb guests won't have far to walk - the hotel is just a Stone's throw from the main stage.

They have already booked out all the rooms to keep it private and security promises to be ultra-tight.

Guests cannot be promised lobster and caviar like the band's lavish party in Brazil last year - after they wowed a massive 1.9million fans with a huge gig on Rio de Janeiro's Copacabana beach.

But the band have decided to call in the services of a local catering firm to provide some canapes, rather than relying on the hotel's own Brewers Fayre restaurant. And it will still, no doubt, be the best party ever held in a Travel Inn. If it all gets a bit too raucous, guitarist Keith Richards has a house across the water in West Wittering where I'm sure the party could move on to.

A crowd of 50,000 fans will be watching the Stones as they headline on a bill that also includes Keane, The Fratellis and James Morrison.

Jagger - who is well known for his savvy in saving a few bob here and there - is being joined on stage for a couple of songs by world-music singer Paulo Nutini.

"We're digging what we are doing," Keith told me backstage in Virgin Radio's VIP room.

"After 40 years, there are absolutely no murmurings of mutiny and I think we will continue next year as well.

"People have been saying we're going to retire for 30 years now.

"But we're simply having a helluvalot of fun up on stage."

Good for you. Just keep rocking, Keef!

[Edited by gimmekeef]
10th June 2007 01:35 PM
fireontheplatter i'll believe it when i see it
nice story

everybody say ow
10th June 2007 04:55 PM
luxury1 why cant they ever throw one of these soirees while in NYC?? At least give us a chance to snake our way in there...
11th June 2007 12:23 AM
mojoman keep on rockin
11th June 2007 12:39 AM
mrhipfl surprised Pete Doherty got invited. Last I read Keef isn't too fond of the dude. Me neither for that matter...
11th June 2007 01:00 AM
mojoman
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
surprised Pete Doherty got invited. Last I read Keef isn't too fond of the dude. Me neither for that matter...

maybe they have some commomn interests or friends?
11th June 2007 07:07 AM
corgi37 Keith just wants to make a move on Kate.
11th June 2007 07:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man Keith Richards doesn't personally know Pete Docherty as far as I'm aware. In fact, I'm surprised he even knows who he is to be honest.
11th June 2007 07:46 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Keith Richards doesn't personally know Pete Docherty as far as I'm aware. In fact, I'm surprised he even knows who he is to be honest.

I seem to remember a quote a while back (Myabe even from you) in which keith said he digs the libertines or words to that effect!
11th June 2007 09:59 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

I seem to remember a quote a while back (Myabe even from you) in which keith said he digs the libertines or words to that effect!

That was from an interview Keith did with Q magazine a couple of years ago. He was asked what he thought of them and he said he thought they were “Ok”, but err, not “Muddy Waters” Typical Keith!
11th June 2007 10:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot I can see the commemorative t-shirt now...

Stones Post IOW Party 2007

Travel Inn...Stagger Out

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)