ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep and Stalemate2006!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Isle of Wight Festival Be Simulcasted on the 'Net? Return to archive
8th June 2007 10:02 AM
_Boomy_ Does anybody know?
8th June 2007 10:13 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Does anybody know?

Oh for us to be so lucky, Bambi....
Me doubts that very much
8th June 2007 10:38 AM
Dan UK C4 Sunday, 10 June: Isle of Wight Festival 2007

4Music: Isle of Wight Festival 2007
23:35 - 01:10 Sunday, 10 June
George Lamb presents highlights of the festival, including music by veteran rockers the Rolling Stones with special guests Keane, Melanie C, the Fratellis and Paolo Nuttini

and

Now hear this! Virgin Radio (out of London) is said to be broadcasting live sets (I listen to them over the Internet at www.virginradio.co.uk/ ) and backstage interviews Friday/Saturday/Sunday during the Isle of Wight!

I have no idea if they will air anything during the Stones concert…but I’m sure going to listen!

Marketing
May 30, 2007

Focus on ... Isle of Wight Festival

The music festival is now in its sixth year. The line-up for 2007 includes the Rolling Stones, Snow Patrol, Muse and Kasabian.

- 50,000 people are expected to attend the event.

- Virgin Radio will broadcast live sets and backstage interviews.

- This year's sponsors include drinks brands Bacardi, Strongbow and Carling.

- The event first took place in 1968, but was shut down for safety reasons in 1970, when the acts included Bob Dylan, The Who and Jimi Hendrix. It was resurrected in 2002

8th June 2007 10:40 AM
_Boomy_ I have seen the festival from a few years ago where Bowie and The Who played. It was on an HD channel, so the picture was nice!
8th June 2007 12:11 PM
Gazza I'd be amazed if more than a couple of songs of the Stones' set get broadcast either on radio and especially on TV
9th June 2007 08:33 AM
mickmask some pics are coming in...

There's a photo album and live web cam on the site...

http://www.virginradio.co.uk/

another great link for pics..http://www.bbc.co.uk/hampshire/in_pictures/photo_galleries/isle_of_wight_festival/index.shtml

mm.

[Edited by mickmask]
9th June 2007 05:37 PM
Cocaine Eyes I doubt the Stones will be broadcast at all.
9th June 2007 06:58 PM
MRD8 It would be cool to hear even a couple of songs...since no recording has yet surfaced from the first two shows it would give us an idea of how Keith and the rest of the band are really sounding!
10th June 2007 08:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd be amazed if more than a couple of songs of the Stones' set get broadcast either on radio and especially on TV

hate to say I told ya so..but.....
11th June 2007 01:28 AM
pdog
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
I have seen the festival from a few years ago where Bowie and The Who played. It was on an HD channel, so the picture was nice!

I get a HD channel, it is now called Mojo, it show IOW Fest. stuff....
11th June 2007 01:33 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd be amazed if more than a couple of songs of the Stones' set get broadcast either on radio and especially on TV

whys that?
11th June 2007 05:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

whys that?

You saw and heard the evidence last night. The Stones are notorious for not wanting much of their shows being broadcast - especially when theyre playing the same country later in the tour.

Whether its because it spoils any surprises, or its down to some financial wrangling, I dont know, but two songs shown at the very end of 3 days TV coverage and nothing at all on several hours of radio coverage is pretty short change for a festival headliner.
11th June 2007 05:56 AM
MrPleasant These people just returned from the festival! This is live television!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)