ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep and Stalemate2006!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Police vs Creedence Clearwater Revival Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st June 2007 12:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels CCR.

Just to prove a moot point.
1st June 2007 12:21 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't even know why I should give a fuck. The Police don't even count. The future rock n roll historians will relegate them to the B list....B-O-R-E.
1st June 2007 12:29 AM
pdog Cops kinda piss me off, until I need one... I've never needed John Foggerty, so I give CCR the nod...
1st June 2007 12:33 AM
Dan The Police. CCR bores me. Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland totally rule as does most of their material, especially the first few albums.
1st June 2007 01:16 AM
Chuck CCR---you just can't beat 'It Came Out of the Sky'.
1st June 2007 03:32 AM
Jumacfly CCR!!!!
hoobie doobie guys!
1st June 2007 07:34 AM
corgi37 CCR are the most forgotten major act as far as i am concerned. Neil Young owes them so much!
1st June 2007 02:23 PM
Martha There is no contest. Fogerty and CCR RULE. I admit though I have tix to see The Police next Sunday (10th) at the Pepsi Can. They cannot begin to touch Fogerty though.

peace out,
Martha
1st June 2007 02:48 PM
Gazza No contest. Fogerty was and still remains a superb songwriter. Few people have ever done the 3-minute rock song better.
1st June 2007 02:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
1st June 2007 02:56 PM
Saint Sway Police suck. All things Sting suck. Creedance, meanwhile, is one of the most grossly underated bands of all-time. Fogerty was a R&R genius. One of my favorite voices... that scream!!

theres no contest here. You're comparing apples to orangutan crap
1st June 2007 02:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
theres no contest here. You're comparing apples to orangutan crap

"Just to prove a moot point."
1st June 2007 03:00 PM
Saint Sway "stick to posting news links"
1st June 2007 03:19 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No contest. Fogerty was and still remains a superb songwriter. Few people have ever done the 3-minute rock song better.

The only thing better than a 3 minute rock song is a 2 minute rock song. But to me all CCR's songs sound the same and they are overplayed on the radio, at least here in LA. I have a bunch of records but haven't listened to them in about 20 years.

Oh, I hate Sting too, actually I would have preferred a scab Sting with Andy and Stewart touring clubs ala the New Cars but I will go see this tour at least once.
1st June 2007 04:11 PM
MrPleasant Well, I really like Zenyatta Mondatta and, especially, Reggatta De Blanc, but CCR are much more appealing to me - at their best (which happened a lot) the melodies were good, the songs were short and the music was simple but effective. And, most importantly: they were Macca's favorite american band. And Macca can't go wrong. Especially when he's writing songs like "Freedom" or singing duets with Michael Jackson.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
1st June 2007 05:03 PM
fireontheplatter i don't want to breath a sour note, but remember this before you go...we cannot sink or we are fucked 'cause we're all in the same boat...one world is enough for all of us.
love the police....

you're gonna have to tickle the answer out of me for this one.

ccr....? for get about it....bloody fantastic i say.

everybody say ow
1st June 2007 05:07 PM
Joey " ..before you go...we cannot sink or we are fucked 'cause we're all in the same boat...one world is enough for all of us.
love the police.... "

1st June 2007 06:35 PM
Bloozehound the Police !?

LAY OFF THE SCHLITZ !!
2nd June 2007 12:00 PM
gimmekeef Play Fortunate Son....then scratch yer head thinking of anything The Police have that even comes close......
2nd June 2007 01:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Play Fortunate Son....then scratch yer head thinking of anything The Police have that even comes close......

message in a bottle...???

i'm still scratching

everybody say owwwwwww
2nd June 2007 01:42 PM
Throwaway Cosmo's Factory is above and beyond better than anything the Police could ever dream of
2nd June 2007 02:20 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

message in a bottle...???

i'm still scratching

everybody say owwwwwww

Message in a Bottle?....it shoulda read...this fuckin song blows....
2nd June 2007 02:35 PM
CraigP I'm not a fan, but I pick CCR because I don't like The Police and I hate "Sting".
The Police, by the way, are by no means punk. Not even "post-punk". Just thought I'd throw that out there for the world to see.
3rd June 2007 01:35 AM
gustavobala CCR sure!
4th June 2007 10:03 PM
guitarman53 C.C.R. for sure, what songs do the police have as classic rock? C.C.R. & the Police don't even belong to the same time frame, C.C.R. is original, The Police try to make it through punk, were never good at that, & came on this expression 'New Wave" Sting is a fucking phoney & asshole, I really feel bad for the generation of the 80's.
5th June 2007 02:50 PM
Dan I sold my Vegas ticket for face then got a Staples ticket off Ebay for $22.50!!!!
5th June 2007 07:25 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:
I sold my Vegas ticket for face then got a Staples ticket off Ebay for $22.50!!!!

Rob the Police blind....go get emm........
6th June 2007 03:27 PM
purrcafe CCR was the best American band ever. The Police are, um . . . . oh yeah, forgettable.
6th June 2007 04:12 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
CCR was the best American band ever. The Police are, um . . . . oh yeah, forgettable.

They were good purrcafe.Best American?....I might go with:

Doors
Hendrix Experience
E Street Band
Grateful Dead
The Band

In no particular order.....CCR in the mix but personally not up there with the above....just my opinion...my 3 cents
6th June 2007 04:34 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

They were good purrcafe.Best American?....I might go with:

Ramones
Faith No More
The Humpers
Grotus
Dickies
Cheap Trick
Misfits (though the legacy has been somewhat tarnished recently)
Stooges
Public Enemy
Mudhoney
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)