ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Graham Wiltshire
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: pixies 2004, the Zutons: need you opinion....(nsc) Return to archive
10th June 2004 08:32 AM
Jumacfly Hi there

i ve just heard two bootlegs from the us tour this spring..oohhhh my god!!!

those guys are fantastics: better sound than on records, nearly 26 songs played each show, many surprises with rare and obscure tracks on stage,high energy i think they re the best "THE" rock band in 2004!!

Joey Santiago is a great lead guitarist, and Frank Black voice must be one of the best rock voice since Jagger..Kim Deal and David lowering provides a solid rythm section, full of groove and energy.
And, cherry on the pudding, they burn the show and sell it in a digipack 15 minutes after...amazing hu??

what do you think about this band guys?? have you ever seen them perform live??

i d like to have also your opinion about a new band called The Zutons...they play a rock with many melodies, great basslines, nice sax, sometimes they sound like an old british folk band,sometimes they mix sax lines with furious guitars ..
well , I got to go back to work, see ya my RO pals....

JU
10th June 2004 09:44 AM
Honky Tonk Man I have just bought The Pixies new "Best Of" cd. It's brilliant. Thanks to Nirvana and despite Kurt Cobain been influenced by them, I don't think the Pixies are talked about enough. I have always known and like Debaser, but I should of got some cds by this band a long time ago.

I don't really know anything about the Zutons. I have heard one of their songs and it's played reguarly on MTV2 over here in the UK. I quite like it.

Alex
10th June 2004 09:54 AM
Jumacfly Alex!
the pixies shows are avaible on any p2p website ..great stuff with great version of Debaser!!

pm if you want to know more!

cheers
Ju
10th June 2004 10:07 AM
bez85 Frank Black is, and will always be "THE MAN!"
10th June 2004 10:15 AM
Phog I second that!!
10th June 2004 10:58 AM
jb Frank Black is the man!!!
10th June 2004 10:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Phog wrote:
I second that!!

check your mail pixies bro !
10th June 2004 11:02 AM
Jumacfly JB!!
what s that mess near your avatar?? :O
"help i need a life!"
really looking forward your 10000th post ,just to read the next comic sentence from our administrators!!