ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Graham Wiltshire
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's Alice... err, Ronnie header Return to archive
9th June 2004 01:51 AM
FotiniD Dear lord, he does look like Alice Cooper!

And this comes as really ironic for me, cause today Alice is playing in Greece and I got one single ticket. The venue is at the other side of the city; there's also the communistic party's pre-Euro elections gathering downtown, which equals with traffic mayhem... (and I have to go downtown in order to get to the venue...) So it's going to take me hours to get there by bus, subway and eventually taxi, and I'll be alone and bored till I get there and the gig starts. Not to mention repeating the reverse procedure to get home some three hours later.

Is it worth going? I used to be crazy about Alice Cooper when I was a kid I still like the guy (can't knock a bad habit) but yet... What would you do guys?
9th June 2004 01:58 AM
Mottrush
Worth the trip I'd say FotiniD. Saw Alice about 3 years ago on the Brutal Planet tour. He put on a good show then!

Cheers,

Mottrush
9th June 2004 02:40 AM
FotiniD Thanks Mottrush. How's the crowd in an Alice Cooper gig? (My parents worry I'm gonna get beaten *sigh*...)
9th June 2004 06:44 PM
Mottrush
Crowd was pretty tame when I saw him. Lots of Alice imitators though!!

Guess the show's over now? How was it FotiniD???

Cheers,

Mottrush
9th June 2004 06:54 PM
Bloozehound What is a "rumpa flask" ?

Like "rump flask" ?

I don't really get it. Why a rumpa flask ?

Or is that what's really happening in the photo, he sat on something ?

Sure it wasn't Keef's syringe ?
10th June 2004 02:40 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Mottrush wrote:
Guess the show's over now? How was it FotiniD???

I think this year I'll break my record of back luck. Honestly.
I'm all geared up to go, it's noon, I've downloaded setlists, lyrics to refresh the memory and learn those I don't know, reviews, previews, all related, I've burnt an mp3 disc with the show's songs (anything to warm up) and I've printed maps of the area, the venue, the buses that lead there...

2 o' clock at noon and terror strikes: I get the worst stomach ache of my entire life. No pills and no medicines work to remedy the problem and I end up spending the evening in front of the Tv aching... LOVELY...

I wonder when and if Alice is going to turn up here again... *sigh* Now I need a Stones fix more than ever. Last night I dreamt I saw them on TV hanging out in India (!) and I was getting ready to go there... Come on Stones, get your a$$es together and make a record and a tour program NOW!
11th June 2004 10:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the reference header