ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Graham Wiltshire
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: J.J. Cale's new album (MSC) Return to archive
8th June 2004 05:20 PM
Bloozehound I've been a fan of this guy for quite sometime. He's truely one of rock n roll's best kept secrets. If you're a fan of Clapton or Skynyrd then you've probably heard some of his songs. His influence has reached far and beyond, but he's remained relatively unknown to the general public.

Quite a few major rock, country, & blues artists have cut at least one of his songs at some time or another in the last 30 years. Bill Wyman & the Rhythm Kings did a song of his called "Anyway the Wind Blows" which was also the title of their 1999 album.

Cale's also a part of the Rosebud Agency that represents one Mr. Charlie Watt's jazz tours.

Anyways Cale's currently on tour & has a new album out today, and it's pretty good.

scope him out,

http://www.rosebudus.com/cale/index.html

http://www.jjcale.com/

[Edited by Bloozehound]
9th June 2004 11:10 AM
Larry Dallas I saw JJ a few years ago here in Lexington, KY and it was beyond cool. I went out to Circuit City to buy his new record yesterday and it was sold out. I'll try somewhere new today.
9th June 2004 01:53 PM
scratched JJ is the man! I'm gonna get this.
9th June 2004 02:17 PM
jb Was he associated with the Eagles.?
9th June 2004 02:42 PM
Joey

9th June 2004 04:44 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
Was he associated with the Eagles.?

but better ask sirmoonfeather, I think he's the resident Eagles expert.

9th June 2004 04:50 PM
Water Dragon Hmm, "Any Way The Wind Blows" written by Frank Zappa in 1965 and released on "Freak Out!"? You certain that Mr. Cale wasn't covering Frank's composition?
9th June 2004 05:13 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
Hmm, "Any Way The Wind Blows" written by Frank Zappa in 1965 and released on "Freak Out!"? You certain that Mr. Cale wasn't covering Frank's composition?

I'm positive, scope it out...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDMISS70406041701132173&sql=A0uqog4amtv8z

JJ's also got a song called "Crazy Mama" which was released on his debut album in '71, a few years before the Stone's song of same name appeared on B&B in '76.

just coincidence

9th June 2004 06:41 PM
shakedhandswithkeith Zappa`s and Cale`s "Anyway teh wind blows" are two different songs.

JJ Cale is one of my coolman Blues heros. I saw him 10 years ago in Hambug/Germany and it was very very cool.

I will buy his new record next day
10th June 2004 09:01 AM
Larry Dallas I bought JJ's new cd yesterday and it is the best new music I've heard this year. It seems to me that Mark Knopfler is trying to become JJ Cale, but he just can't seem to dial him in. Maybe we'll see with MK's new cd due this September.
10th June 2004 11:00 AM
steel driving hammer JJ Cale RULES You Bastards!

Love his Guitar Man album.
10th June 2004 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
JJ Cale RULES You Bastards!

Love his Guitar Man album.

WELCOME BACK SDH!!!!SS DOES NOT POST AS FREQUENTLY SO IT'S SAFE FOR YOU TO RETURN...BY THE WAY, I NEVER GOT THE PORCHE CAYENNE AS I AM GOING TO WAIT AND BY A POWDER BLUE MASERATI FOR 167K SOMETIME IN THE NEXT 2-3 YEARS DEPENDING ON HOW SOME CASES GO.
[Edited by jb]
10th June 2004 12:25 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
WELCOME BACK SDH!!!!SS DOES NOT POST AS FREQUENTLY SO IT'S SAFE FOR YOU TO RETURN...BY THE WAY, I NEVER GOT THE PORCHE CAYENNE AS I AM GOING TO WAIT AND BY A POWDER BLUE MASERATI FOR 167K SOMETIME IN THE NEXT 2-3 YEARS DEPENDING ON HOW SOME CASES GO.
[Edited by jb]

I thought S. S. was going to " Make the Transition " ?!?!?!

What the Hell Happened to THAT idea ?!?!?!

Why ?!?!
10th June 2004 12:35 PM
Bloozehound I don't care for SS's books title...I think "Seriouness for Dummies" would sell better
[Edited by Bloozehound]
10th June 2004 07:17 PM
Bloozehound

EC & JJ Cale at the Crossroads Guitar Festival last weekend in Dallas, Tx.