ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Graham Wiltshire
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 41 years ago today... Return to archive
7th June 2004 05:00 AM
Monkey Woman ...it was the release of the very 1st record by the Rolling Stones!

From the official website: http://www.rollingstones.com/news/

"Come On"/"I Wanna (Want To) Be Loved" is released as a single and the Stones make their TV debut on Thank Your Lucky Stars a month later. Andrew Loog Oldham and Eric Easton ask than Ian Stewart be dropped from the lineup because he looks "too normal" for the cameras.(is earlier than now-see before) To be on the show, the BBC required that all bands must wear matching suits and look neat. The band tries and complies, but even though they do their best to conform to pop norms, the BBC receives numerous complaints from viewers who consider the band too scruffy.
7th June 2004 12:32 PM
jb Thanks MW!!!
7th June 2004 12:35 PM
Joey

Time for Lunch .................................

7th June 2004 12:48 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Time for Lunch .................................

7th June 2004 03:00 PM
Joey

Joey Carson !
8th June 2004 12:58 AM
corgi37 The footage of that show is lost forever, isnt it? I read something about all the old tapes being used again and again. That is, assuming it was tape and not film.

Ah, i dont know the hell i'm talking about.