ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Bob Seger album scheduled for September (SSC) Return to archive
10th June 2006 06:24 PM
Gazza Bob Seger's new album to hit stores in September

Susan Whitall / The Detroit News

The long-awaited -- and that's no hype, it's been 11 years -- new Bob Seger album "Face the Promise" will hit stores on Sept. 12.

The first single, "Wait for Me," will go to radio in early July, just after the Fourth.

Seger has been working on the album for years with longtime co-producer David Cole, splitting his time between Nashville, Tenn., and Detroit for the recording.

Although Seger is still tweaking the sequence of songs as we type, there will be a duet with Kid Rock on the Vince Gill song "Real Mean Bottle."

On that high energy tune, Seger and KR rock it up more than Gill's original, more countryish version.

With more than 50 million albums sold careerwide, Seger long ago stopped worrying about whether or not he was just a regional phenomenon, a working class hero only to Michiganians.

It was the relentless touring he did for years in the '70s that put the Ann Arbor native over as a national phenomenon with the 1976 album "Live Bullet," recorded at Cobo Hall.

But those years on the road took a toll. Since his marriage and the birth of his children in the '90s, Seger, who just turned 61 last month, decided he didn't want to leave his young family to go out on a grueling tour.

His last tour was in 1996.

In recent years, when asked, he's joked to reporters that he's too old to tour, but in the meantime, musicians Seger's age and older -- Sir Paul McCartney (age 64 in a week) and the Rolling Stones (aged 59-65) for starters -- launch a long tour every few years.

So will he tour to support "Face the Promise"?

"Practices are scheduled," his manager Punch Andrews says.

10th June 2006 10:05 PM
chevysales he should spend some of that money and get his damn teeth fixed.
10th June 2006 11:14 PM
Lazy Bones That is great news. Thanks for posting, Gary!

I saw Bob on his last tour in March of 1996 at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. Excellent show.

Wow, ten years ago...
11th June 2006 12:36 AM
mickmask Great news...never met a Seger song I didn't like!
Almost saw him in Oshawa in my teens..but I'll tell that one another time.
Thanks for the heads up Gazza.

mm.
11th June 2006 02:25 AM
Highwire Rob This is good to hear. I enjoy listening to his Greatest Hits I & II anytime but also I made sure to get The Fire Inside album--If for no other reason than "The Real Love." It's one of his slower songs but one of my my favorites.

Maybe now I'll have a chance to actually see him in concert.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
11th June 2006 04:36 PM
polksalad69 "bob's workin on the night moves..."
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)