ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Check him out! Return to archive
9th June 2006 02:48 PM
Riffhard This cat is a great friend of mine and I wanted to give you guys a heads up about him. His name is Matt O'Ree,and he is hands down the greatest single guitar player that I have ever seen live. Yes,that means EVERYBODY I have ever seen!

Matt was involved in Guitar Center's Guitarmageddon-King of the Blues Guitar contest. There were originally just over 3000 gutairists entered throughout the USA. They whitteled this down via district and regional rounds of compitition. Well,cutting to the chase,last night was the national championship held at the House of Blues in Chicago. BB King was the host and the headliner of the show. Cheech Marin served as MC,and sitting on the panel of judges was Rick Neilson of Cheap Trick fame. Anyway,Matt went on last of the seven competitors. He did what he does. He laid waste to the joint! He won easily,and was awarded with a three minute standing ovation! Cheech pretended to bow down to him in awe! Rick Neilson jokingly told Matt that he would never set foot on stage with Matt as long as Matt had a guitar in his hands! LOL!

This guy is an absolute phenom,and on top of that he is the nicest most humble guy your ever likely to meet. His drummer told me that as Matt was thrilling the 2,700 strong crowd that the other guitar players in the contest just hung their heads and sighed. Matt is that good! He didn't just win he buried the field!

For his victory Matt won a new Scion car,a four page spread in Guitar World Magazine,buttloads of Gibson guitars,studio time in LA with some white hot producer who's name escapes me at the moment,and alot of other great stuff. All told he won almost $50,000.00 worth of prizes. Not to mention the huge connections he made which will add up to future bucks and visibility.

Anyway do yourself a favor and check his site out,and give him a listen. Riffy wouldn't lie to you. He's goddamned amazing!

Matt O'Ree is a badass man!!

Riffy
9th June 2006 02:50 PM
Factory Girl I thought you were posting about Pete D. again.
9th June 2006 03:12 PM
Dan Thanks for posting, this stuff is pretty kick ass. Not just the guitar playing but solid all the way through.
9th June 2006 03:29 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Dan wrote:
Thanks for posting, this stuff is pretty kick ass. Not just the guitar playing but solid all the way through.

Yeah right? Glad you like it Dan. You're right too. They are all top rate. The drummer is unbielvably strong.

You'll be hearing more about Matt I have no doubts about that.

Riffy
9th June 2006 03:34 PM
Nellcote Hey Riffy!
I happened to walk into a Guitar Center here in The PROM
(People's Republic Of Massachusetts) back in April, and was witness to one of the finals for that region. Watched 8 folks ply their wares, had, of course, a WICKED PISSAH time!
Glad to see this cat go further!
9th June 2006 09:48 PM
Riffhard Yeah Nelly he moved on further alright. He was crowned King of the Blues Guitar by BB King last night in front 2,700 peeps in the Windy City!! He's sickening good.

Riffy
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)