ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Still Love Ann Coulter, Righties? (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
9th June 2006 07:32 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:
But yet.....

Her book is #1 on Amazon while "Air America" still can't get off the ground after 2 years of bounched checks

Libs. Weak product. Weak delivery. Zero results

Excellent point on Burlingame's numerous Fox appearances and WSJ editorials. When did she become such an expert on NSA spying on Americans that they would seek her out for comment? I was really glad that she got that speaking gig at the Republican convention, too.

Whatever you do don't bring up record setting closes for the Dow again. The last time you did that, well, my 401(k) will need a lot more time to recover.
9th June 2006 08:09 PM
pdog
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Free will kid, free will...

Will gets the death pennalty... Fuck will.
10th June 2006 02:04 AM
Dead_Flowers This woman certainly had the right to say whatever she wanted to! It is America after all.

Did I agee with her? Hell NO!!! Her statment offended the hell out of me! It made me really angry. I haven't gotten over that day. In a way she was right in saying that they were not thd only victims of that day. I think a lot of people were!

I was so upset watching those towers burned down! I did not know anyone that got killed. I can't even imagine the pain of the people who did. I cried for days over that event, I'm still upset by it.

I defended the Dixie Chicks for stating their opinion of the president, even though i don't care for their music. I would be a hypocrite for trashing Ann.

I'm interested to know if she will have a book signing in New York though.
10th June 2006 02:13 AM
pdog You're a very lovely woman...
10th June 2006 04:12 AM
munky
quote:
Dead_Flowers wrote:
This woman certainly had the right to say whatever she wanted to! It is America after all.

I defended the Dixie Chicks for stating their opinion of the president, even though i don't care for their music. I would be a hypocrite for trashing Ann.

Completely contradicting yourself. But you'll get a pass because people here think you're cute.
10th June 2006 09:02 AM
glencar Ann did a book signing on Long Island which over the past 15 years has gone from solid GOP to solid Dem.
10th June 2006 11:44 AM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Excellent point on Burlingame's numerous Fox appearances and WSJ editorials. When did she become such an expert on NSA spying on Americans that they would seek her out for comment? I was really glad that she got that speaking gig at the Republican convention, too.

Whatever you do don't bring up record setting closes for the Dow again. The last time you did that, well, my 401(k) will need a lot more time to recover.

Excellent point raspy! Since when did the Dow become an econonmic indicator? Of course, everone except you knows that it isn't

You libs smell flowers and look for a funeral

That is why nobody outside of NYC and Burbank buys your product of doom and gloom

Did you see yesterday in the USA Today that personal wealth is at an all time/record high?

But yet you focus on the Dow closing for one week

Big picture buddy, think big picture

Of course you didn't, because that is good news and good news is bad news for libs

Or put another way, bad news is good news for libs

Get back to me when you want to talk about

1. inflation
2. unemployement rate
3. GDP
4. Interest rates

The real economic indicators

All rockin and rollin

Fox News? NBC has 20 times the viewers that Fox News has
but yet you are worried that a 9/11 widow was on Fox

Fuck are you guys dumb

This is too easy

10th June 2006 12:14 PM
MrPleasant ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
10th June 2006 04:13 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Excellent point raspy! Since when did the Dow become an econonmic indicator? Of course, everone except you knows that it isn't

You libs smell flowers and look for a funeral

That is why nobody outside of NYC and Burbank buys your product of doom and gloom

Did you see yesterday in the USA Today that personal wealth is at an all time/record high?

But yet you focus on the Dow closing for one week

Big picture buddy, think big picture

Of course you didn't, because that is good news and good news is bad news for libs

Or put another way, bad news is good news for libs

Get back to me when you want to talk about

1. inflation
2. unemployement rate
3. GDP
4. Interest rates

The real economic indicators

All rockin and rollin

Fox News? NBC has 20 times the viewers that Fox News has
but yet you are worried that a 9/11 widow was on Fox

Fuck are you guys dumb

This is too easy

WTF are you talking about? Wait a sec, that's pretty much par for the course with your posts anyways. Of course, if you're looking for the genius who was crowing about record high Dow closings you need look no further than your own bathroom mirror. Not me, I'm well aware of the volatility. Just for kicks and giggles, why has it stumbled nearly 1000 points? Probably had nothing to do with fears of increasing inflation or that the Fed will continue raising rates, right? As far as the unemployment rate goes, even economists don't use that as a good indicator. That's right, it was a crap indicator with Clinton and it's a crap indicator with Dubya. But please continue with your always astute points. Stick to the cut/paste of your tried and true "we win, rah, rah, rah" posts. At least those work for you. Not really but I've decided it's just better to humor you.

10th June 2006 04:47 PM
pdog Most of the new jobs that have been created are low paying jobs...
High Tech jobs are leaving the USA for cheaper labor.
Manufacturing jobs are elaving the USA for cheaper labor.
New home sales are up, but most of those home sales have been to people buying 2nd homes, not first time home buyers, where the real prosperity for our economy would be seen and reflected by...
We can argue all we want, defend an issue all you want. Under this administration the rich are richer, the middle class is paying for it all, and the poor are poorer. If you beleive otherwise, you're in serious denial.
America voted for it, America is paying for it...
It's good to know the Joe American is driving to a low paying job, from his rented home owned by someone who owns a few of them, and paying $3 a gallon for gas, and he'll vote Republican b/c fags are ruining his marriage!
10th June 2006 05:03 PM
rasputin56
quote:
pdog wrote:
Most of the new jobs that have been created are low paying jobs...
High Tech jobs are leaving the USA for cheaper labor.
Manufacturing jobs are elaving the USA for cheaper labor.
New home sales are up, but most of those home sales have been to people buying 2nd homes, not first time home buyers, where the real prosperity for our economy would be seen and reflected by...
We can argue all we want, defend an issue all you want. Under this administration the rich are richer, the middle class is paying for it all, and the poor are poorer. If you beleive otherwise, you're in serious denial.
America voted for it, America is paying for it...
It's good to know the Joe American is driving to a low paying job, from his rented home owned by someone who owns a few of them, and paying $3 a gallon for gas, and he'll vote Republican b/c fags are ruining his marriage!

That about sums it up perfectly. Well done.
[Edited by rasputin56]
10th June 2006 05:53 PM
Jumping Jack People who get an education and can compete on the world market are doing fine. Those who are slackers, uneducated, or lazy and dependent on the government rather than themselves suffer the consequences. If your skills are no better than an immigrant who can't speak English you deserve to be paid like one.

Isn't it funny that those who preach self indulgence, resist self discipline and delayed gratification, and prefer getting drunk and high end up losers.

Those who take responsibility for their own fate achieve, those who wait for others to do it for them and blame the government leadership just complain on the Internet. Losers will be losers no matter the adminstration. Life is what you make it, and there is more opportunity in the US than anywhere else which is why so many people are trying to get in here. Just ask my Mexican painter who made $175K in his own company last year. The government didn't give him squat, he just worked his butt off.
10th June 2006 06:29 PM
rasputin56 Yes, get an education, work hard and the world will be at your feet.
10th June 2006 08:22 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

WTF are you talking about? Wait a sec, that's pretty much par for the course with your posts anyways. Of course, if you're looking for the genius who was crowing about record high Dow closings you need look no further than your own bathroom mirror. Not me, I'm well aware of the volatility. Just for kicks and giggles, why has it stumbled nearly 1000 points? Probably had nothing to do with fears of increasing inflation or that the Fed will continue raising rates, right? As far as the unemployment rate goes, even economists don't use that as a good indicator. That's right, it was a crap indicator with Clinton and it's a crap indicator with Dubya. But please continue with your always astute points. Stick to the cut/paste of your tried and true "we win, rah, rah, rah" posts. At least those work for you. Not really but I've decided it's just better to humor you.

Fuck are you dumb. Almost sad dumb

You said I "cut n paste"

Show the board where I ever, ever "cut n paste"

Nice typical lib lie

You complain and whine that your 401k is down?

Here is a thought

Change what makes up your 401k. Yes, take action

Personal wealth is at an all time record high but your 401k
is down? Your an idiot.

And you complain about it on a rock band message board?

What are your invesments in? HillaryInc?
Bill Clinton Rocks!?

But I understand it is easy and simple to blame Bush & Co
because you are too lazy to change and risk what makes up your 401k

Is Bush stopping you from making changes in your 401k?

Lazy libs. Repub victories

[Edited by telecaster]
10th June 2006 08:40 PM
rasputin56 Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good comeback. But if you'd like to check out whining feel free to check 90% of your posts here. Boohoo, Matt Lauer, boohoo, NBC, boohoo, Jersey Girls, Jersey Girls...

Night, night.
[Edited by rasputin56]
11th June 2006 12:15 AM
glencar Rasputin you've taken it worse than the real Rasputin ever did. Might be time to think up new arguments. Or switch sides...
11th June 2006 01:41 AM
2000monkey Sooner or later all the poor dumb crackers who bought Anne's books will be using them for firewood and toilet paper.
11th June 2006 01:44 AM
glencar Several NY area Congressmen have called for her to apologize. What a crowd! http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-licoul104776420jun10,0,7383802.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines
[Edited by glencar]
11th June 2006 01:52 AM
pdog Let Anne speak her mind! She is only bitching that everybody else is speaking up, so let her too. Before you know it all issues will be moot and it will 24/7 character assination.
I can't wait for the day when all political debates will consists of "yo momma is so fat" jokes...
Chelsea Clinton's Momma is so fat, she broke her leg, and gravy came out!
11th June 2006 01:56 AM
glencar Hillary has done nothing for NY state.
11th June 2006 10:40 AM
glencar Some food for thought:

By Kevin McCullough

Jun 11, 2006

Liberals in America have been staging a new strategy on winning public policy debates. Simply provide spokespeople that no one is allowed to respond to. Ann Coulter had the gall to challenge that and let loose with some direct observations in her newest best-seller "GODLESS" and true to form liberals have been fomenting in response.

The reason they do is not because it breaks some sacred respect that one should have for a grieving mother, wife, or relative. Rather the reason they are so outraged by this is because it simply stabs through the heart the strategy of hiding behind spokespeople who 'can't be criticized'.

Matt Lauer, Hillary Clinton, and Alan Colmes have been laughable in the trumped up outrage that they share for the statements Coulter makes in GODLESS in reference to the 'Jersey Girls'. The Jersey Girls are four wives who lost their husbands on 9/11, they jumped into the 2004 election debate early on, they cut commercials for John Kerry, and they are on record for saying some rather hideous remarks about Condoleezza Rice and Karl Rove, not to mention President Bush.

In recent years liberal spokespersons have grown infamous for self destruction when they are put into arenas where free debate, give and take response, and actual dialogue take place. As Ann argues rather convincingly in her new book, this sets up the structure of "liberal infallibility." In other words liberals use of victims of tragedies would never be criticized. So the plan is to find as many victims to become the mouthpieces for the left as possible.

An interesting point, when the GOP invited widows of 9/11 to participate in their national convention, the memes went up from the left of "pure political posturing." Yet any observer of those who participated would be hard pressed to know of a single critical thing they said about the President's opponents. The presentation they made dealt with the need for America to remain strong in its stand against terrorism. Kerry's name was never even invoked. And their involvement in the public debate ended that night.

The Jersey Girls on the other hand have consistently spoken out and advocated on behalf of leftist interests through the 9/11 Commission’s findings, to the operation of the global War On Terror, the elections of 2004, etc. In other words - they chose, or the liberal Democratic Party chose for them - to enter the fray, to don the gloves, and to mix it up.

But what if they're wrong? What if, even in as much pain as they have endured at the hands of terrorists, the substance of what they argue for is as loony as the day is long? Even if Cindy Sheehan lost her heroic son in the War on Terror - does that now mean that everything Cindy Sheehan says is correct?

Which is Ann's point.

Ann's criticism is legitimate - if liberals in America wish to truly have a debate on the issues that we all have strong emotions about - then stand and make the point, but don't hide behind those who are ineffective, unskilled, and often wrong in their views, simply because they're a victim.
11th June 2006 11:14 AM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
Rasputin you've taken it worse than the real Rasputin ever did. Might be time to think up new arguments. Or switch sides...

Why would I want to switch sides? I mean if I had the ability to shut off all rational thought and look at the world with closed eyes and merely rely on what I'm told by propagandists, then maybe but I don't see that happening soon. Thanks though.
11th June 2006 12:54 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves The woman is plain weird
11th June 2006 01:05 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Why would I want to switch sides? I mean if I had the ability to shut off all rational thought and look at the world with closed eyes and merely rely on what I'm told by propagandists, then maybe but I don't see that happening soon. Thanks though.

LOL! Yeah,ok got it.

Riffy

PS-Great article Blue! Every single word of it is true.
[Edited by Riffhard]
11th June 2006 09:21 PM
stonedinaustralia well she is hardly a blip on the radar screen down here - tho her recent comments the subject o dfthis thread got a paragraph in the national daily

so,out of interest i checked out her web -site

all i'll say is that for some-one who professes to be a christian she seems remarkabley uncharitable
12th June 2006 09:21 AM
JesusChrist
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

all i'll say is that for someone who professes to be a christian she seems remarkably uncharitable

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Mohandas Gandhi
12th June 2006 09:26 AM
rasputin56 Jesus, the people who can't figure out Nick Berg's Dad's reaction to Zarqawi are paging you in the other thread. Thanks.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)