ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Still Love Ann Coulter, Righties? (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
9th June 2006 02:06 PM
FPM C10 Nobody said she should be censored!

They said she should be gang-raped.
9th June 2006 02:47 PM
nankerphelge And comments like "she should be gang raped" are okay?

I find THAT offensive -- I bet others do too!
9th June 2006 02:49 PM
Jaxx this is america and she's entitled to her own opinion, no matter how WRONG it may be. and opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. heck, she's apparently pissed off her conservative fan base with this faux pas.

if the 4 widows are "liberal pawns" time will tell. they aren't the only critics of the bush administration and freedom of speech is a liberty we enjoy here.

quote:
JerryT wrote:
After reading these posts, I'm prepared to say you're all idiots. You should print this stuff and read it years later just to remind yourselves of how much of an idiot you were.

Rock - Roll - and shut up already

i take offense to this jerryT. if you don't like the political threads, don't open them. there's plenty of rock n roll threads out there just DYING for YOUR opinion.
9th June 2006 02:54 PM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
And comments like "she should be gang raped" are okay?

Gang rape?

Wouldn't that be a violation of her Civil Liberties?

Meet today's liberal.

And they wonder why they can't win anything
9th June 2006 03:01 PM
Maxlugar [quote]telecaster wrote:

Gang rape?

Meet today's liberal.

In many "cultures" this is normal behavior, Tele! Don't be so close minded and respect the gorgeous mosaic of the multi-culture freedom quilt.

Diversity!

9th June 2006 03:17 PM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Gang rape?

Meet today's liberal.

Is Corgi a liberal?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't win any US elections because he's from Oz.

Do you guys EVER respond to what anyone actually says?

9th June 2006 03:19 PM
lotsajizz they never do

'cuz they can't

9th June 2006 03:23 PM
FPM C10 There's ONE guy they ALWAYS have a snappy come-back for!

9th June 2006 03:28 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Is Corgi a liberal?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't win any US elections because he's from Oz.

Do you guys EVER respond to what anyone actually says?

Maybe Telecaster was saying that Corgi doesn't win any Australian elections?

I don't know. His little snips are often way off topic. I mean, you know he's trying to say something like "Bush is great, you suck!" but you hope there is more to it than that.

We can clear this up, though. Hey Corgi, do you win Australian elections or do you lose them? If its the latter, you might want to reconsider your stance on Ann Coulter. Then you am be win and good stuff like that.
9th June 2006 03:29 PM
telecaster
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]telecaster wrote:

Gang rape?

Meet today's liberal.

In many "cultures" this is normal behavior, Tele! Don't be so close minded and respect the gorgeous mosaic of the multi-culture freedom quilt.

Diversity!

Agreed Maxy. I strongly feel that asking if there is a School Book Depository where Bush is going and openly calling for a woman to be "gang raped" will surely rocket liberals back into power
9th June 2006 03:37 PM
FPM C10 Are you even talking to me?

Damn. That booze is REALLY turning your brain into MUSH.

Again: I did NOT "openly call" for your sweetheart Ann "Shemale" Coulter to be gang-raped. My post is right up above this one! Go look for yourself! The thought of any sort of sex with that skank is too hideous to contemplate.

The Book Depository line was in reference to wondering where Joey was. It was a funny line, but I guess not when you're prematurely gay.

GRAY. I meant to say GRAY! Sorry!

Hey, have a great weekend!
9th June 2006 03:41 PM
gimmekeef Ann gives new meaning to the word cunt....Far left..far right....all assholes....back to my scotch...
9th June 2006 03:42 PM
telecaster
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Are you even talking to me?

Damn. That booze is REALLY turning your brain into MUSH.

Again: I did NOT "openly call" for your sweetheart Ann "Shemale" Coulter to be gang-raped. My post is right up above this one! Go look for yourself! The thought of any sort of sex with that skank is too hideous to contemplate.

The Book Depository line was in reference to wondering where Joey was. It was a funny line, but I guess not when you're prematurely gay.

GRAY. I meant to say GRAY! Sorry!

Hey, have a great weekend!

"I see that the President of the United States, George W. Bush, is in Omaha today...

Is there a Book Depository in Omaha?"

Man that is funny stuff Flea!

9th June 2006 03:53 PM
FPM C10
quote:
telecaster wrote:

"I see that the President of the United States, George W. Bush, is in Omaha today...

Is there a Book Depository in Omaha?"

Man that is funny stuff Flea!

Thanks! I thought it might be over your head, but I guess since it's a reference to a liberal democrat (and a Kennedy to boot) getting shot, it would be right up your alley.

Glad you liked it! You know, Telly, you're ok. I don't care WHAT Moonie sez about ya!
9th June 2006 05:10 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
And comments like "she should be gang raped" are okay?

EXTREMELY offensive.

I loathe this woman but will not stoop to wishing anyone a violent fate.

We ALL need to chill out, smoke some good chiba, drink our favorite beverage and REMEMBER why we are here.

The Rolling Stones!!!!!!!

LJ.
9th June 2006 05:18 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Raspy, is your point that the young girl in the picture is now a political activist attacking Democrats or once again are you just unable to formulate a logical reply and posting nonsense?

Does starring in a commercial for Bush count as political activist?

Ashley's Story

Ashley's Story

DATE: October 19, 2004

PAID FOR BY: Progress for America, Inc.

PRODUCED BY: McCarthy Marcus Hennings

INITIAL LOCATION: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Iowa, New Mexico, Nevada, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, national cable

INITIAL MEDIA BUY: $14 million

RUN: Through November 2, 2004

TRANSCRIPT:

LYNN FAULKNER: My wife, Wendy, was murdered by terrorists on September 11th.

ANNOUNCER: The Faulkners' daughter Ashley closed up emotionally but when President George W. Bush came to Lebanon, Ohio, she went to see him as she had with her mother four years before.

LINDA PRINCE (neighbor): He walked toward me and I said Mr. President this young lady lost her mother in the World Trade Center.

ASHLEY FAULKNER: And he turned around and he came back and he said I know that's hard, are you all right?

LINDA: Our president took Ashley in his arms and just embraced her. And it was at that moment that we saw Ashley's eyes fill up with tears.

ASHLEY: He's the most powerful man in the world and all he wants to do is make sure I'm safe, that I'm OK.

LYNN: What I saw was what I want to see in the heart and in the soul of the man who sits in the highest elected office in our country.

ANNOUNCER: Progress for America Voter Fund is responsible for the content of this message.

9th June 2006 05:26 PM
Dan
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Does starring in a commercial for Bush count as political activist?

Times like these I am glad I don't live in a swing state.
9th June 2006 05:30 PM
telecaster Thanks for making my point

Some private group that supports Bush had to shell out $14 million of PRIVATE money while NBC/MSNBC gives "The Jersey Girls" unlimited free airtime to bash Bush at the same time they openly supported, worked for, and spoke on behalf of the Kerry Campaign

Thanks raspy
9th June 2006 05:31 PM
rasputin56 You had a point?
9th June 2006 05:40 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
You had a point?

Checkmate

Too easy defeating today's lib

In case you didn't know, at this point you are suppossed to post a doctored photo of Bush and declare victory
9th June 2006 05:42 PM
Dan
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
You had a point?

Its like a right wing "Move On." Its who you give your money to when you've reached the $2,000 limit for all your preferred candidates. In other words another campaign tool of the Right. So yes your original point is still valid.
9th June 2006 05:42 PM
nankerphelge Also be sure to add the term "strawman" and "today's talking points from Hannity" to any subsequent retorts.

That seems to be the liberal "post du jour" these days!

9th June 2006 06:01 PM
lotsajizz It is when you erect them. I know you'd like a free pass when you lie and fabricate but it will not happen so get used to it. Why does not your ilk argue what was said rather than what you wish was said...oh, that's right--because you can NOT!

BTW, Coulter is a plagiarist as well as a fugly shrew..
Why Ann Coulter Is a Cunt, Part 1856 - The Plagiarism Edition:
Sometimes beating up on Ann Coulter is about as easy as making a nervous little dog piss itself. One tiny "boo" in the right direction and that bitch is swimming in her own fluids. For surely, in her latest "column" (if by "column," you mean, "a stomach-churning, cringe-inducing, bowel-releasing journey into the dark, dank, garbage-stinking recesses of a deranged demi-brain"), Coulter sets herself upon a Tower of Babble teetering so badly that a flea flick would send her screaming, such sweet screaming, plunging onto the rocky ground below.

Coulter uses the recent, narrow (and wimpy and confusing) Supreme Court decision, that displays of the Ten Commandments outside of a larger historical context are overtly religious and are forbidden in courthouses, and attempts to say something about what taxpayers have "paid" for, going into a mad, ranting litany of examples, all of which combined cost your average taxpayer less than a nickel.

What's fun, so incredibly fuckin' fun about this kind of Coulter "logic" is how many different ways you can take it down. Over at Pandagon, Amanda goes to town with the sarcasm. Another approach would be to point out how some of the things she cites as outrageous opinion making are actually true. Check out her statements that she says are quotes from exhibits at the Smithsonian. Or one could make the case that nearly all of her examples are over a fuckin' decade old, at least.

But instead, how about this: Ann Coulter appears to have plagiarized a section of her column by not citing the December 1993 edition of The Flummery Digest. In this edition, the digest is devoted to calling out what it says is "offensive" art that receives public funding. One of its sections in December 1993 lists a bunch of NEA grant recipients, which, on first glance and, hell, even on second, look like Coulter lifted without attribution from this site or from what is apparently Alice Goldfarb Marquis' Heritage Foundation work Art Lessons (perhaps the work became her book of the same title in 1995), which Flummery actually cites as its source (click on the cross in the lower left hand corner of the NEA entry to see the citation).

Here's a couple of examples:
From Ann Coulter, talking about what taxpayers have funded: "A photo of a newborn infant with its mouth open titled to suggest the infant was available for oral sex."
From The Flummery Digest: "The title of a photo of a newborn infant with its mouth open suggested that the infant was available for oral sex."

From Ann Coulter: "A photo of a woman breastfeeding an infant, titled 'Jesus Sucks.'"
From The Flummery Digest: "One otherwise tame photograph of a woman breastfeeding an infant was titled 'Jesus Sucks.'"

From Ann Coulter: "A show titled 'DEGENERATE WITH A CAPITAL D' featuring a display of the remains of the artist's own aborted baby."
From The Flummery Digest: "'Degenerate with a Capital D'...included 'Alchemy Cabinet' by Shawn Eichman, featuring the remains of the artist's own aborted baby."

From Ann Coulter: "Performance of giant bloody tampons, satanic bunnies, three-foot feces and vibrators."
From The Flummery Digest: "[T]he performance art of Johanna Went...relies upon props such as giant body tampons, satanic bunnies, three-foot turds, and dildos." (Hey, Coulter's got a mainstream audience.)

Is this plagiarism? Coincidence? A work by the "American Life League" describes Eichman's work as "her own dismembered second-trimester aborted baby next to the obligatory twisted wire coat hanger," so, you know, there's other ways to state it. Minor shit? Perhaps, but, remember, as Coulter told us we should believe about Bill Clinton (in her first "book"), seemingly minor transgressions point to larger patterns of deception.

Like the Rude Pundit said, like makin' a chihuahua piss, like stealin' candy from a baby, like settin' a passed-out hobo on fire, it's just way too easy to take Coulter apart. But, my, oh, my, what fun bloodsport it is.

Addendum (With an Emphasis on the "Dum"): The Flummery Digest was an online journal that sought to document the "extremes" of political correctness in America. It is now defunct.
9th June 2006 06:07 PM
nankerphelge "It is when you erect them. I know you'd like a free pass when you lie and fabricate but it will not happen so get used to it. Why does not your ilk argue what was said rather than what you wish was said...oh, that's right--because you can NOT!"

When did I erect a straw man?
Maybe I did, I don't recall everything I have ever said on Rolling Stones message boards in the decade I have been posting on them, but I generally try to address arguments on their facts.

That is why I said I would withhold judgment on Ms. Coulter's statement until after I saw the context of what she said rather than what everyone says she said. I also said that it wouldn't surprise me if she was over the top again.

Your name is liar because you are telling lies!

9th June 2006 06:22 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Checkmate

Too easy defeating today's lib

In case you didn't know, at this point you are suppossed to post a doctored photo of Bush and declare victory

No, really, you can't be for real, can you?
9th June 2006 06:36 PM
telecaster But yet.....

Her book is #1 on Amazon while "Air America" still can't get off the ground after 2 years of bounched checks

Libs. Weak product. Weak delivery. Zero results
9th June 2006 06:39 PM
pdog Bush Doctor & The Strawman...

I'm funny! I'm fucking funny! I'm funnier than all you fucking fucks!!!
I love ya' all, each and everyone. Left and right, undecided, gay or straight...

[Edited by pdog]
9th June 2006 06:41 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
telecaster wrote:
But yet.....

Libs. Weak product. Weak delivery. Zero results

You are absolutely 100% correct...

9th June 2006 06:43 PM
pdog
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

You are absolutely 100% correct...

I've decided everyone is wrong, god should kill us all and start over again.
9th June 2006 06:45 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
pdog wrote:

I've decided everyone is wrong, god should kill us all and start over again.

God is a Loving God...

We humans on the other hand...

Free will kid, free will...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)