ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Moon - Two Sides Of The Moon Return to archive
5th June 2006 04:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Keith Moon - Two Sides Of The Moon
Jazz News
June 5, 2006

Castle Music in association with Sanctuary Records announced the 3rd July 2006 release of the solo album from the Who's celebrated rock 'n' roll drummer, the late and great Keith Moon. The album "Two Sides Of The Moon" is exp anded for the first time and features previously unreleased bonus material including out-takes, special mixes and rare spoken word. The album coincides with the 60th anniversary of Keith Moon's birthday, and the 40th anniversary of the "Pictures Of Lily" limited edition Keith Moon replica drum kit. The release also dovetails the forthcoming film biopic "See Me Feel Me" starring Mike Myers as Keith Moon.

The album includes collaborations with Ringo Starr, Ronnie Wood, Flo & Eddie, David Bowie, Harry Nilsson, John Sebastian, Steve Cropper, Dick Dale, Joe Walsh, Fanny, John Sebastian, and is compiled by resident Who expert Andy Neil, and mastered by Jon Astley.

Keith Moon is considered by many to be the archetypal 'wildman' rock 'n' roll drummer. As the original powerhouse drummer for The Who, Moon wrote the book on rock 'n' roll excess and paid the ultimate price when, at the young age of thirty-two, he unexpectedly passed away from a drugs overdose in 1978. Moon occasionally contributed and performed on other peoples' records, however, in 1975, he released his only solo album, "Two Sides Of The Moon". Never taken seriously upon its original commercial release thirty-one years ago, the album now appears to have captured the essence of Moon's unique and gifted talents.

Recorded in a series of marathon sessions that were as notable for their huge bills for alcohol as the studio time involved, the collection of songs are a haunting mix of innocent '50s/early-'60s rock & roll and leering, joyful lust, and a savage sense of wit directed at the music business and played out both between and in the songs themselves. This deluxe edition of the album includes nearly 2 hours of bonus material that has never been heard before.
5th June 2006 04:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Keith Moon - Two Sides Of The Moon
Jazz News
June 5, 2006

Castle Music in association with Sanctuary Records announced the 3rd July 2006 release of the solo album from the Who's celebrated rock 'n' roll drummer, the late and great Keith Moon. The album "Two Sides Of The Moon" is exp anded for the first time and features previously unreleased bonus material including out-takes, special mixes and rare spoken word. The album coincides with the 60th anniversary of Keith Moon's birthday, and the 40th anniversary of the "Pictures Of Lily" limited edition Keith Moon replica drum kit. The release also dovetails the forthcoming film biopic "See Me Feel Me" starring Mike Myers as Keith Moon.

The album includes collaborations with Ringo Starr, Ronnie Wood, Flo & Eddie, David Bowie, Harry Nilsson, John Sebastian, Steve Cropper, Dick Dale, Joe Walsh, Fanny, John Sebastian, and is compiled by resident Who expert Andy Neil, and mastered by Jon Astley.

Keith Moon is considered by many to be the archetypal 'wildman' rock 'n' roll drummer. As the original powerhouse drummer for The Who, Moon wrote the book on rock 'n' roll excess and paid the ultimate price when, at the young age of thirty-two, he unexpectedly passed away from a drugs overdose in 1978. Moon occasionally contributed and performed on other peoples' records, however, in 1975, he released his only solo album, "Two Sides Of The Moon". Never taken seriously upon its original commercial release thirty-one years ago, the album now appears to have captured the essence of Moon's unique and gifted talents.

Recorded in a series of marathon sessions that were as notable for their huge bills for alcohol as the studio time involved, the collection of songs are a haunting mix of innocent '50s/early-'60s rock & roll and leering, joyful lust, and a savage sense of wit directed at the music business and played out both between and in the songs themselves. This deluxe edition of the album includes nearly 2 hours of bonus material that has never been heard before.

6th June 2006 01:10 AM
corgi37 Gee, they'll release anything. This whole album was a fucking outtake.
6th June 2006 01:15 AM
Zack I'm afraid to say it's about the worst album in my collection. Moon doesn't even drum on it.
6th June 2006 07:38 AM
corgi37 What about "Like a rat up a drainpipe"?
6th June 2006 10:21 AM
Joey
quote:
Zack wrote:
I'm afraid to say it's about the worst album in my collection. Moon doesn't even drum on it.

It IS crap .
6th June 2006 10:36 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

It IS crap .

I found it a few years ago in one of the few remaining cut-bins I know of. I played it once and shuddered at howe bad it was.

Keith Moon wasn't a record maker. He was too busy being the elder statesmen for The Great American Booze Revival Movement.

Happy Satan Day to you Keith! You remain an inspiration to the devil in all of us.
6th June 2006 11:02 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I
Happy Satan Day to you Keith! You remain an inspiration to the devil in all of us.

يهين

6th June 2006 07:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Zack wrote:
I'm afraid to say it's about the worst album in my collection.

That bad, eh?
6th June 2006 09:34 PM
MrPleasant
8th June 2006 05:36 PM
sirmoonie Check it bleeds, listen to this.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49210

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)