ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Manilow music chosen to drive out hooligans Return to archive
5th June 2006 04:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels MANILOW MUSIC CHOSEN TO DRIVE OUT THE HOOLIGANS

BARRY MANILOW's music is being used in an effort to drive hooligans and noise polluters from a Sydney, Australia suburb. Officials in Rockdale believe that piping easy listening hits like MANDY and I WRITE THE SONGS through loudspeakers will rid their streets of youngsters who insist on blaring rap and rock music from the cars. The move comes after bosses at one Sydney shopping centre drove troublesome teenagers out of the mall by playing BING CROSBY tunes over and over again. Councillor BILL SARAVINOVSKI says, "There are restaurants nearby and people can't park in the car park because they're intimidated by these hoons (hooligans). "Daggy (unfashionable) music is one way to make the hoons leave an area because they can't stand the music."
05/06/2006 19:53

5th June 2006 04:02 PM
gimmekeef Daggy's and Hoons?....fuck I like those terms...lmao!..Heard a neighbor of Gazza's was mad at him..Put on Bon Jovi for a week!
5th June 2006 04:39 PM
sirmoonie The passion has gone out of Austrailian hoonery if they are disuaded this easily. Lame.
5th June 2006 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
The passion has gone out of Austrailian hoonery if they are disuaded this easily. Lame.

5th June 2006 05:28 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hey Joseph, I am rapidly approaching 4000 posts. Four freakin' thousand posts.
5th June 2006 05:30 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Hey Joseph, I am rapidly approaching 4000 posts. Four freakin' thousand posts.

You are much loved .
5th June 2006 06:45 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Joey wrote:

Is that the drummer for the Monkeys?
5th June 2006 06:55 PM
lotsajizz congrats on 4000, Neil

5th June 2006 09:27 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Is that the drummer for the Monkeys?

*cough*
6th June 2006 11:21 AM
Bruno
I like Mandy.
6th June 2006 11:56 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Bruno wrote:

I like Mandy.

I'm sure hopin thats your wife.......
6th June 2006 12:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels So who do they intend to attract with Manilow???
Manilow IS noise pollution. F**kin' freak.
6th June 2006 12:15 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
So who do they intend to attract with Manilow???
Manilow IS noise pollution. F**kin' freak.

Continued use of Manilow now doubt will bankrupt the mall..
6th June 2006 07:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Continued use of Manilow now doubt will bankrupt the mall..

Well, I don't know. The guy has legions of fans, as does Celine Dion (who was on Deal or No Deal last night). But I guess cool and square are two sides of the same coin.
7th June 2006 01:40 AM
gorda Actually, I like Barry Manilow!

I like that song Copa Copacabana in Spanish!

I remember seeing him once on Siempre en Domingo, and he sang a duet with Lucia Mendez. I don't recall the name of the song though.
7th June 2006 02:07 AM
pdog Isn't this like Monkeys throwing poo?
7th June 2006 04:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gorda wrote:
Actually, I like Barry Manilow!

7th June 2006 03:09 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:
Isn't this like Monkeys throwing poo?

More like eating it..........
7th June 2006 03:52 PM
the good
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
MANILOW MUSIC CHOSEN TO DRIVE OUT THE HOOLIGANS

BARRY MANILOW's music is being used in an effort to drive hooligans and noise polluters from a Sydney, Australia suburb. Officials in Rockdale believe that piping easy listening hits like MANDY and I WRITE THE SONGS through loudspeakers will rid their streets of youngsters who insist on blaring rap and rock music from the cars. The move comes after bosses at one Sydney shopping centre drove troublesome teenagers out of the mall by playing BING CROSBY tunes over and over again. Councillor BILL SARAVINOVSKI says, "There are restaurants nearby and people can't park in the car park because they're intimidated by these hoons (hooligans). "Daggy (unfashionable) music is one way to make the hoons leave an area because they can't stand the music."
05/06/2006 19:53

Wow, I think I would rather live with hooligans than Manilow.
7th June 2006 11:52 PM
Highwire Rob LOL! There must be a whole history now for pop/rock being used in psychological warfare.

The ATF used Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Are Made For Walking" song against David Koresh's Waco compound.

Wasn't AC/DC blared against Manuel Noriega's digs?

What are some of the others? (I just don't think any military has perfected its playlist--perhaps the US is experimenting now at Gitmo prison)
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
8th June 2006 08:12 AM
egon I don't get it..

What is more effective,

This:

Or this:

Ed Zakhery!
8th June 2006 08:15 AM
egon Then again, i might be wrong;

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)