ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gilmour urges Stones to quit Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
31st May 2006 11:57 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
star star wrote:

Chuck thats a superb analysis, and as an undergraduate studying law, i dont think he has the right to disagree!

I suppose I have the right to disagree, but why would I? Chuck was spot on and hilarious to boot. I stand by my "Set the Controls . . . " comment.

I love you, too, keefjunkie.
1st June 2006 12:17 AM
IanBillen No I do not work for The Stones camp. Maybe I should. Although I raise this question....Is it me or are people never satisfied?

A Bigger Bang was a great effort. It was supposeably just what the fans wanted and had been crying to have for some time now. The Stones knew it and purposely kept it basic, no non-sense, and direct with an up front hard hitting sound. Also the songs are all good. It rocks all through it.

......what eles can you ask for

Yet still people whine.

What is next? Let's see. Maybe you can say the trama caused to Keith by this fall surely sapped his ability to play guitar. Or maybe we can say Micks performing days are long gone since he has taken this unepected break. It will throw him off and surely he will not be able to ever get correct pace again. Yeah, that is it. their finished....

For Example:

First: It was The Stones cannot tour anymore. Licks proved that to be snuffed out when The Stones took on the most lucrative tour they ever have attempted and pulled it off with ease.

Then it was: Well the Stones are no good in the studio any more. All they do is put out poppy shit like Don't Stop or Anybody Seen My Baby. We want kick ass Stones again. Cut the production poppy Rolling Stones and give it to us straight like we used to get it.

Well they did exactly that. A Bigger Bang. Maybe less studio musicians than any other Stones album in history. Hard Hittting, Direct, and it Rocks in your face.

Now it is well The Super Bowl showed they are finished....

Then you hear reports on all the great shows after that. Besides, the Super Bowl wasn't supposed to be some Britney Spears-Steven Tyler choreographed, rehearsed show.

It was The Stones just being The Stones....kinda sloppy, kinda improvised, and rocking and rolling as usual. If it would of been polished and seemless everyone whould rant the Stones sold out and are not even The same type of live act any more.

Point being all you get are complaints. Hell I had my buddy complaining they didn't play Jumpin Jack Flash at the Super Bowl by playing Satisfaction. I told him, just as I'll tell you (the whiners), ...I suppose if they played JJF he would of complained it being too much over the top like a typical Stones live show and they should of switched it up....what gives?

All I know it they put out a great CD. I hear the tour was a great set of shows as well. And The Stones trudge on.....what eles do you want.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
1st June 2006 12:19 AM
Zack Gilmour is a great guitarist and jolly nice chap. Floyd were a great group, and as someone said a virtual corporation like the Stones.

Can't you people see that Gilmour is rationalizing his decision NOT to fire up the Floyd machine, as he's under intense pressure to do, by saying that dinosaur groups like the Stones ought not do it?

When he poses the question "How much more money do they need?" and speaks of an addiction to adulation, he does so with first hand experience. So let's not bash the guy for merely speaking the truth. The Stones ARE addicted to money and adulation -our money in fact!

1st June 2006 07:05 AM
cooper so i guess it is safe to say we will not see PF getting back and touring?
1st June 2006 12:12 PM
Dan
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
First: It was The Stones cannot tour anymore.

Then it was: Well the Stones are no good in the studio any more.

Actually I thought it was the other way around. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
1st June 2006 12:39 PM
gimmekeef Anybody that wants Floyd can easily put on their albums loud.Their concerts are wonderful re-creations of the studio albums...personally I like the live versions to be different..ala Rambler....
1st June 2006 07:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
cooper wrote:
so i guess it is safe to say we will not see PF getting back and touring?

Yes.
2nd June 2006 07:21 AM
corgi37 Hey Zack, have you personally interviewed and conducted your own psycho-analysis on the Stones and deduced that fact? Money hungry - why not? Its western civilisation. He who dies with the most toys wins. Greedy? Sure, why not. Tell ya what. You go to work next week and tell you boss you earn way too much and want a pay cut. Ok?

They crave the adulation you say. Really? Do tell? Show us your report on this condition.

As for you IanBillen - You are the most amazingly fantastic, spot on poster i have ever read. You speak the truth. Fuck Kabballah, you are my guru now, baby.

So, let me spin this argument around.

Oh, Gilmour played Comfortably Numb and Arnold Layne.
Why?
He wasnt even in the band when Arnold Layne was recorded.

Comfortably Numb? Wow, do we HAVE to hear that war horse again? How about "echoes" or something. Shit, he should just retire. Man, i paid good fucking money to see his solo show and all i got was a fucking PF nostalgia gig.

But, worst of all, guess what the fat prick did! He played the same solo, note for note as the record. I mean, come on, i've seen him play 5 times, and every time's the same. It's like a tape was playing! And, he didnt move. Not once.

'Cept to reach for the cheeseburger platter on his stage monitor.

or, turn it around.

Man, what a crap gig. The bastard did Comfortably Numb - and guess what? He fucking CHANGED the solo. He ad-libbed it. Winged it. Dude, what a bummer! I was outraged. Me and some Stonehenge worshipping tree huggers were sharing some spliff, and bugger me, we nearly stormed the stage! I wanted my money back.

And, worst of all, he moved! The nerve! He moved.

To reach for a cheeseburger platter on his amp.
3rd June 2006 12:58 AM
IanBillen
Thanks Mucho Corgi!

Rock on.

Ian
3rd June 2006 03:14 PM
Dan Corgi - curious what David Gilmour solo gig you attended, the shows I heard about, in addition to some Pink Floyd standards he also did in fact play "Echoes" and his new album in its entirety. But I still think the quote is total bullshit at least until I see a complete interview or at least what preceded it. It is amusing seeing so many people getting their panties in a bunch over it though.
3rd June 2006 06:50 PM
stones40 For such a talented guy to become such a sad old b--tard
He is the personification of the old washed out performer who still believes that he is great and gains cheap publicity by having a go at the greatest 'Rock & Roll' band of all times.
My first encounter with 'Pink Floyd' was See Emily Play and no matter matter how popular they were perceived to be by the pop critics with 'Dark side of the Moon' it just goes to show that laser effects and strange sounding music described as being futeristic does not mean that they were fantastic.
One really good album does not justify Pink Floyd being described as being up there along with Presley,Beatles & Stones who are undoubtably the three biggest and remembered pop icons of all time.
7th June 2006 02:55 PM
Jerry in Boston Ugh. To this very day I cannot hear a plane doing a nose dive without having to grab my ass and run to the nearest bathroom with only about 30 seconds to spare! I swear, 1979 and that damned Wall album caused major damage to me.

Every day,... every single cunting day, ... every single fucking cunting day, those damned Seniors in Senior Lounge would play that damned shit over and over and over and over again. I was merely a little Freshman in a Study Hall across the hall and those damned idiots wouldn't stop playing that crap.

I avoid Pink Floyd like a person avoids ExLax!
8th June 2006 11:05 AM
ebmp
quote:
stones40 wrote:
For such a talented guy to become such a sad old b--tard
He is the personification of the old washed out performer who still believes that he is great and gains cheap publicity by having a go at the greatest 'Rock & Roll' band of all times.
My first encounter with 'Pink Floyd' was See Emily Play and no matter matter how popular they were perceived to be by the pop critics with 'Dark side of the Moon' it just goes to show that laser effects and strange sounding music described as being futeristic does not mean that they were fantastic.
One really good album does not justify Pink Floyd being described as being up there along with Presley,Beatles & Stones who are undoubtably the three biggest and remembered pop icons of all time.

They don't have just one good album. They released some of the best run of albums ever: Dark Side of The Moon, Animals, Wish you Were Here and The Wall. In fact, I think Dark Side of the Moon may be the "worst" of these 4 masterpieces
8th June 2006 11:11 AM
MrPleasant FASCINATING FACT 666

Also see:
ROGER 'SYD' BARRETT
DAVID GILMOUR
ROGER WATERS

ROGER 'SYD' BARRETT, DAVID GILMOUR and ROGER WATERS will all guest star in the upcoming season of hit plastic surgery drama SHIT/FUCK.
06/06/2006 06:66

9th June 2006 02:46 AM
danielharris627 Screw him the fat tit.
9th June 2006 03:08 AM
2000monkey I urge Dave Gilmore to stop making that face.
9th June 2006 01:21 PM
Saint Sway Gilmour has raked in millions touring as "Pink Floyd" without Roger Waters.

thats like Keith touring as "The Rolling Stones" but without Jagger.

I get what Gilmore is saying about the Stones. But he's really in no position to do so.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)