ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gilmour urges Stones to quit Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
29th May 2006 09:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels GILMOUR URGES STONES TO QUIT

PINK FLOYD star DAVE GILMOUR has told THE ROLLING STONES to quit touring and "get a life". Gilmour, 60, insists the veteran stadium rockers aren't interested in music, they are simply obsessed with the adulation they receive from fans. He says, "I think it's ridiculous, actually. MICK (JAGGER) and KEITH (RICHARDS) should get a life. It's like a strange, sexual compulsion. "How much do they need? I think a lot of it is the applause. It's a powerful drug. 50,000 people appearing to adore you. "I'm a big Stones fan but they haven't done anything that matches their earlier stuff in years."

30/05/2006 01:22

29th May 2006 09:31 PM
MrPleasant skank?
29th May 2006 09:36 PM
BONOISLOVE ONE FOR THE ROAD, please.
29th May 2006 09:44 PM
Soldatti I don't want a mass claim of retirement now please.
29th May 2006 09:46 PM
scratched He should quit reforming Pink Floyd then. Live 8 might have been for a good cause, but it was hardly for the music.
29th May 2006 10:01 PM
Poplar
... yawn ...
29th May 2006 10:07 PM
texile first bon jovi, now this?
WE, stones fans, can argue and make judgements about our boys, but non-family members need to shut the fuck up!
why is everybody dumping on the stones all of a sudden...
and the stones would NEVER be involved in anything as misguided and simplistic as live 8 ..
musically or politically.
29th May 2006 10:10 PM
Dear Doctor floyd sucks
always has
always will
fuck him and all his lame ass fans
29th May 2006 10:19 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
texile wrote:
first bon jovi, now this?

Next one: Ted Nugent
29th May 2006 10:22 PM
the good Did he and Wyman get together for tea or something?
29th May 2006 11:02 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:
floyd sucks
always has
always will
fuck him and all his lame ass fans

You aren't qualified to render an opinion if you've never heard "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" on headphones behind 500 mics of excellent acid. I'm guessing you think Dark Side was their first album. And what's your doctorate in, anyway, musical ignorance (mine is in law, BTW).
29th May 2006 11:08 PM
glencar I hope Mick & Keith can refrain from replying to Mr. Gilmour.
29th May 2006 11:15 PM
Mottrush
I'd take ABB over Gilmour's latest effort hands down!

Without Waters Gilmour's songs have nothing!!

Cheers,

Mottrush
29th May 2006 11:32 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Next the Dixie Chicks will be telling Mick and Keith to retire
29th May 2006 11:33 PM
glencar Chicks still around?
29th May 2006 11:35 PM
Chuck "You aren't qualified to render an opinion if you've never heard "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" on headphones behind 500 mics of excellent acid. I'm guessing you think Dark Side was their first album. And what's your doctorate in, anyway, musical ignorance (mine is in law, BTW)."

I think you are classic blowhard material.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/blowhard.htm

30th May 2006 12:32 AM
pdog Sour Grapes!
30th May 2006 04:19 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
scratched wrote:
He should quit reforming Pink Floyd then. Live 8 might have been for a good cause, but it was hardly for the music.

He already has. Live 8 was a one time deal, he made that clear from the beginning.

I think he's absolutely right by the way.

And his new album is great
30th May 2006 04:25 AM
FotiniD Jealousy?

Think about it - the Stones are the only band of their time to reach the '00s and keep going. And people still fill up the stadiums.

I don't see any reason for bashing other acts - and since when is enjoying the crowd high considered a bad thing? If they still get off by it, I think that's something to be applauded, not bashed.
30th May 2006 05:34 AM
UGot2Rollme I have alot of respect for Gilmour and his new CD is a gem, but didn't know he was a psychoanalyst. He also seems to contradict himself - he is about the same age, and currently on tour. So, why is he out there? Granted, he's spent alot more time between tours and CD's than the Stones have, so I guess that means that he "got a life." Looking at his physique, it appears that his life has included alot of overindulgence (Pigs 3 Different Ones is playing in the background).

Just like Gilmour, the Stones are musicians. They are doing what they do and will hopefully carry on until their sun sets.
30th May 2006 05:47 AM
egon david gitmour...?

Isn't he the guy from pink floyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
30th May 2006 05:58 AM
star star
quote:
Chuck wrote:
"You aren't qualified to render an opinion if you've never heard "Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun" on headphones behind 500 mics of excellent acid. I'm guessing you think Dark Side was their first album. And what's your doctorate in, anyway, musical ignorance (mine is in law, BTW)."

I think you are classic blowhard material.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/blowhard.htm

Chuck thats a superb analysis, and as an undergraduate studying law, i dont think he has the right to disagree!
30th May 2006 07:27 AM
corgi37 Funny how Gilmour never listened to Waters when there was some big touring bucks to be made in the 80's-90's.

Yes, the Stones should quit. No point going on when 50,000 people (make that how many 100,000 in Rio?) consistantly in venues around the world still want to see them.

Plus, Keith's got medical bills to pay for.
30th May 2006 07:42 AM
rollmops What is the matter with those assholes? Yesterday Bon Jovi,today Gilmour.Those 2 are musicians they should know better. The Stones play because they are good at it and millions of people recognise it. I will say it again :

TO ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T LIKE THE STONES: FUCK YOU!

MOPS
30th May 2006 08:13 AM
gimmekeef Guess these guys look at The Stones paychecks...and get pissed as they bus out to their next local amphitheater.Fuck them!....If I ever get insomnia..I'll remember to grab some Floyd before heading upstairs...
30th May 2006 10:56 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hope Mick & Keith can refrain from replying to Mr. Gilmour.

Well, Mick will. And Keith wouldn't, except he has more important things to worry about right now, so, I think Gilmour will be rightfully ignored.
[Edited by Ihavelotsajam]
30th May 2006 02:47 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Guess these guys look at The Stones paychecks...and get pissed as they bus out to their next local amphitheater.Fuck them!....If I ever get insomnia..I'll remember to grab some Floyd before heading upstairs...

C'mon dude, get real. Gilmour could get a *BIGGER* paycheck than the Stones are getting right now. All he would have had to do is invoke the name of Pink Floyd rather than embark on a low-key solo project. Even without Roger Waters, a Pink Floyd tour would gross at least $300 million.
30th May 2006 02:59 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:

C'mon dude, get real. Gilmour could get a *BIGGER* paycheck than the Stones are getting right now. All he would have had to do is invoke the name of Pink Floyd rather than embark on a low-key solo project. Even without Roger Waters, a Pink Floyd tour would gross at least $300 million.

Dan, of course he could...but just wish these other musicians would shut the fuck up.Floyd could make a billion dollars and play a free show in my back yard.I'd pull the plug and close the drapes....On another topic..have any more LA Forum sources surfaced yet?..Thanks
30th May 2006 02:59 PM
Ihavelotsajam What's the purpose of being (or remaining) 'low-key' if you're going to brag about it and put others down?
30th May 2006 03:01 PM
TomL You ain't shit without Roger Waters fucker.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)